OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
still kind of in awe at the woman who came into my work today (Justice for girls) and spent nearly $2000 on clothes for her daughters. she proceeded to complain about how expensive all our items are, while she continued to shop around even though I was already ringing her up and felt inclined to tell me numerous times how much of a hurry she was in and still kept shopping around. also, she paid for $1000 of it in cash....people are amazing.
Omg I used to work there and the same thing happened alllllllllll the time!!! On a smaller scale though lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But yeah, that test is insane. It makes me wonder how much they spend to even get to the level of taking the master exam. Think of how much wine they have to buy and how expensive that must be. Wine you don't even get to drink but have to spit out!
Not cheap, without even taking into consideration the actual wine

Intro (level 1) is $525
Certified (level 2) exam is $325
Advanced (level 3) course is $795
Advanced (level 3) exam is $795
Master's (level 4) exam is $795 per section (3 sections)

Introductory Sommelier Course - Court of Master Sommeliers

I was not planning to see this movie, but after reading all these wonderful reviews from the public, I am going to go see it tomorrow...Tbh, I hate being left out of a good tearjerker, I am warning y'all, it better be a good picture, just saying...lol
It was so good! Pixar did a great job. It was amazing. My feelings were all over the place the entire time. It hit me hard[emoji23] And it was so cute. It was an amazing movie overall and there was only once or twice that I picked out little production slip-ups, and normally I'm good at doing that. There was also this short before the movie, and it was a love story about volcanoes and I hope you get to see it because it's adorable too.

@emma_tuttle, thanks for the heads up about the early clip and seeing it. Unfortunately, I hate sitting through previews and I will stand out at the concession stand until the actual movie starts. So, thanks again!

@emma_tuttle, thanks for the heads up about the early clip and seeing it. Unfortunately, I hate sitting through previews and I will stand out at the concession stand until the actual movie starts. So, thanks again!
No problem! I'm hoping for it to end up online at some point so I can see it again! [emoji23]

Sitting through the previews to see the new short, Lava, is worth it, I swear. I've been listening to the song from it non stop since Saturday. It's honestly worth the price of admission alone, IMO.

Also I'm amazed you don't like the previews to movies! Kids movies I understand but regular movies? Those are just as exciting as seeing the movies!

So my mom is moving across the country and giving me a lot of her stuff including her car. Which is awesome because it's super nice and mine is awful but it's a stick shift :( she tried to teach me to drive it today and I got to the end of the road and had to get out and started to cry hahahahaha I can barely drive a regular vehicle this is seriously such a struggle. :(((((((

Also I'm amazed you don't like the previews to movies! Kids movies I understand but regular movies? Those are just as exciting as seeing the movies!
Yes, I actually have a hard time sitting through actual movies, most times too... I slept through some really awesome movies in the past, according to my husband. So sitting through previews are really tortured for me. I really think it might be the sitting in the darkened theater brings on the narcolepsy, or something! I saw Ted 2 on Saturday, and I believe that was the 1st film in awhile I did not sleep through...Ted 2 was side splitting funny, but I can tell that some people might get offended by some of the jokes... The couple sitting to my left, got up and walked out after 5 minutes, I told my husband, maybe they wandered into the wrong picture...lol

Last edited:
Yep. It usually doesn't get above 25 here during the summer. My cat is not thrilled about it. But it does give her an excuse to laze about like a sloth all day.
Obviously not the area you're from, but the gym was 107 about a week ago. So inside the actual gym was probably a good five degrees hotter. I had a private that day and it was hell. Even with how terrible our conditioning is the coaches decided to be nice and give teams time in front of the fan to cool down (for the first time ever) so that they didn't die. I hope I never have to practice in that heat my entire life.

Yep. It usually doesn't get above 25 here during the summer. My cat is not thrilled about it. But it does give her an excuse to laze about like a sloth all day.
Haha, I was thinking in Fahrenheit. I live in the deep south and that's actually pretty hot! But I'm in Chicago right now and it's like 70 and it's amazing. And my cat actually likes to lay in the hot sun for a little while and then come in and spend the rest of the day in the air conditioning!

Shucks, my poodle Coco does not need an excuse to lay about the house all day... Weather does not dictate her sleeping patterns and most days, if I sit down and watch TV, she will miraculously appear and collapse in my lap, as if she had a hard day at work... lol

My little furball will laze about regardless of temperature... I feel like she'd be happier if she got shaved (my brother claims one of his cats loves getting shaved in the summer). It'd be pretty funny since she's kind of overweight.
Wow, I never knew that cats can be shaved or actually walked and put on a leash too,,,lol
I know my neighbor listened to some poor advice and tried to put a leash on his cat and walk it, and guess what? He no longer has a cat.. This cat got loose about 3 weeks ago and he has been looking for it, whaaat? Hahaha
PS: So, if you see a white cat with black spots, looking frantic and running like he seen a ghost through your neighborhood, please PM me! Thanks!

Has anyone watched the documentary Somm? It's on Netflix. It's about a group of people and their journey to become Master Sommeliers (aka wine masters). The testing is INSANE and has an incredibly low pass rate. There's only like 150 Master Somms in North America, and only 23 of them are women.

It was incredibly fascinating to see how these people could taste wines and identify so much from them. When I taste wine all I can gather is if it's sweet or not, and sometimes I can't even tell that.

When I worked at a country club during college we had a member who was beginning his steps to test and he did a practice run using us to serve and it was insane.

Back