OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Can anybody from Europe recommend a good company or way to ship things back to the US? I'm in Germany right now and I want to ship a box back of candy and some clothes so my suitcase won't be overweight. I looked into UPS and it was around $200 for a 5lb box... yeah no haha. I might just buy a second, smaller bag and check it too. I'm traveling afterwards so I don't want to lug around my huge bag and another one.
You could use DHL, shipping starts at 35 Euros for 5 kg.
Preise internationaler Versand The USA is "Zone 3"

ETA: But definitely find out how much more you'd pay for the overweight suitcase. It might be cheaper.

i went to the hairdresser to go a little darker since my blonde was getting wayy too light. now i look like an idiot with grey hair. why can't the hairdressers here ever do anything right

Can anybody from Europe recommend a good company or way to ship things back to the US? I'm in Germany right now and I want to ship a box back of candy and some clothes so my suitcase won't be overweight. I looked into UPS and it was around $200 for a 5lb box... yeah no haha. I might just buy a second, smaller bag and check it too. I'm traveling afterwards so I don't want to lug around my huge bag and another one.

It is cheaper to just pay for an overweight bag or get a second bag.
I lived in the U.S. for 2 years and was lucky that my parents came to visit me and took home like 2 suitcases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scored on her own team. Was the game winning goal for Japan. She didn't purposely kick on her own net but did deflect the ball in. [emoji22]

**Lets be clear, it was the food talk that locked the thread. Food=bad, Puppies = good**
Yikes.

It is cheaper to just pay for an overweight bag or get a second bag.
I lived in the U.S. for 2 years and was lucky that my parents came to visit me and took home like 2 suitcases.

Where is that information from that it is cheaper to pay for an overweight bag or check a second bag? Just curious, because that is not my personal experience (might be true for US to Europe, but for me it was always cheaper to send by mail from Europe to the USA).

She won't, because unfortunately, women's football isn't covered enough and so they won't care. So proud of the Lionesses to have made it this far! Better than the Men's side have managed in years!
Tell me about it. I had to go out during the second half of the U.S. v Germany game and it was not broadcast on a single sports radio station, not even ESPN radio.

Where is that information from that it is cheaper to pay for an overweight bag or check a second bag? Just curious, because that is not my personal experience (might be true for US to Europe, but for me it was always cheaper to send by mail from Europe to the USA).
I think it depends on how much you need to ship home. If you have almost 20 pounds of stuff, Im sure it would be cheaper to pay for an additional bag.

From personal experience and also the experience of tons of other au pairs. If you have a lot of stuff it's less expensive to get that additional bag. If you have another 30 pounds of stuff to get back to Europe it'll be a fortune. Within the 10 years I've been part of the au pair "scene" that seems to be always the case.

@Emily Thanks!! I'll be sure to check it out.

@Cheer Dad Yeah, I know, but I was just surprised at how expensive it was to ship via UPS.

@kate86 It will be at least $100 if my bad is overweight or to check an additional bag. Better than what UPS is charging, but if I could find a better alternative. I'll probably end up buying another bag and checking it. But I'm traveling to some countries via train/bus after my study abroad program ends and I don't want to have to carry around those two bags with me. I'll figure it out though haha

From personal experience and also the experience of tons of other au pairs. If you have a lot of stuff it's less expensive to get that additional bag. If you have another 30 pounds of stuff to get back to Europe it'll be a fortune. Within the 10 years I've been part of the au pair "scene" that seems to be always the case.

But there is a HUGE difference between getting stuff from the US to Europe and from Europe to the US - and Ally wants to go the Europe to the US way, where there are alternatives to those insane international shipping fees you have to pay in the US.

I hate moving (the packing, deep cleaning, physically moving the items to their new location, and unpacking) but I'm glad I'm moving (for multiple reasons) because I had forced me to get rid of so much stuff that I never use/wear. My life feels so much less cluttered now and it's awesome.

Ahhhhhh!!!!:banghead: I'm so close to quitting my job and walking out its not even funny.
I'm sorry that management is to lazy to train people anymore, so all the seasoned employees get the crappy shifts, and have to pick up the slack for all the new people cause we have a shortage of properly trained employees now.
I just can't censor myself to much longer.

I need advice!!! So I started dating a guy sort of and he is way too intense for me. Always mentioning marriage, asking me to meet his parents this weekend and a few other things I'm not really down to get caught up in. There were a few things I was sort of iffy about anyway before we went on a few dates but I just can't get past it. He's very...hmm smitten? And I don't know how to break it to him that I'd rather just be friends :/

I will never ever room with someone that thinks it's acceptable to basically move their boyfriend in rent free ever again. Completely disrespectful and I can't wait to live alone in seven days.

ETA: it also makes it worse that I know I'm going to get screwed over money wise considering all the bills are in my name but I just don't really care at this point. I'm just ready to be done.

And this is why having carpets on an ice rink can be a bad idea:
KindlySorrowfulChrysalis.gif
All I can think of is the Parks and Rec episode where they have Leslie's rally at the ice rink and everyone starts falling as they play "Get on your Feet"[emoji23]

Back