OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I knew Whitney briefly(2 months) in 9th grade in EO, NJ. My family moved to this town and she was in my English class. Whitney sat in the back of the class and was very quiet, but seemed to be nice and will speak to everyone. Unfortunately, Whitney had trouble getting along with the popular girls (cheerleaders) in the class. I remembered asking a close friend, (play cousin) who grew up with these girls and she mentioned about a lot of rivalries and jealousies going on. The situation had gotten so bad, Whitney's parents transferred her out of the school. I had other brushes with Whitney and her family through my ex-husband singing career too.
I just feel like Bobbi Kristina (RIP) never got a chance to create her own identity and was always living in her parents' shadows and I am so saddened to see such young life taken so soon.

Last edited:
I have to take one of the biggest decisions in next weeks and it just can't get out of my mind. ugh....

Does anyone have any advice on how to ask overprotective parents if you can move out? It's my third year in college and I'm more than ready to move out, but I unfortunately have no idea how they'll react when I tell them my plan. I feel extremely awkward for being as old as I am and having to even ask this. Any help is really appreciated.

Does anyone have any advice on how to ask overprotective parents if you can move out? It's my third year in college and I'm more than ready to move out, but I unfortunately have no idea how they'll react when I tell them my plan. I feel extremely awkward for being as old as I am and having to even ask this. Any help is really appreciated.

Hmm maybe if you just say "I've been thinking a lot about moving out and here's my plan..." That way you're not asking them for permission but you're also not being overly assertive about it. And it kinda opens the floor for a two way discussion about it. Also, I think the more "fool proof" your plan is and how much you show them that you've done your research and are able to make education decisions regarding it, the more comfortable they'll be about it. If they're overly protective then they probably worry about your safety. If you show them you'll be safe then maybe they'll back off a bit.

I think the way you ask should depend on if you're paying for it. If you can afford it on your own I don't think there's really any stopping you. Just do your research and lay out your plan. If you're asking them to pay for you to live out that's a little different and you need to be a little more tactful with your approach.

Hmm maybe if you just say "I've been thinking a lot about moving out and here's my plan..." That way you're not asking them for permission but you're also not being overly assertive about it. And it kinda opens the floor for a two way discussion about it. Also, I think the more "fool proof" your plan is and how much you show them that you've done your research and are able to make education decisions regarding it, the more comfortable they'll be about it. If they're overly protective then they probably worry about your safety. If you show them you'll be safe then maybe they'll back off a bit.
I think the way you ask should depend on if you're paying for it. If you can afford it on your own I don't think there's really any stopping you. Just do your research and lay out your plan. If you're asking them to pay for you to live out that's a little different and you need to be a little more tactful with your approach.

Thank you both for your advice! I would be moving into a sorority house that has a really good security system, and food as well as other bills included in the cost. I have a way to pay for it all, it's just getting their approval. Since I'm the youngest sibling I'm not sure how willing they'll be for me to move out. I really appreciate both of your advice!

This is going to have to happen someday so why not try it now.

Depending on their reaction Let them know you can use it as a learning experience and they will be nearby in case something happens. Remind them that this is gonna happen sometime in the future anyway.

**spy games, let the fun begin**

This is going to have to happen someday so why not try it now.

Depending on their reaction Let them know you can use it as a learning experience and they will be nearby in case something happens. Remind them that this is gonna happen sometime in the future anyway.

That's very true. They have to cut the cord sometime, right?
I talked to them and it went over much better than I thought it would. Thank you for your advice!

My birthday was a very day ago and I got a gopro! I'm so in love with it. My boyfriend and I go out on the boat multiple times a week and this will be perfect!! Any recommendations on fun accessories I should get now?

My birthday was a very day ago and I got a gopro! I'm so in love with it. My boyfriend and I go out on the boat multiple times a week and this will be perfect!! Any recommendations on fun accessories I should get now?
A helmet and helmet mount so you have both hands free to to hold the ski role as you go off the jump through the ring of fire.

I just found William Shatner's version of 'She Blinded Me With Science' and it made my night. The (unrelated, I guess) icing on the cake is that Danny DeVito is on the Tonight Show tonight, and some of the cast of Fun Home will be on tomorrow.

I am so happy they are performing "Changing my major". Or basically anything other than Ring of Keys. Like its a good song and all but it's time for something else.

I just found William Shatner's version of 'She Blinded Me With Science' and it made my night. The (unrelated, I guess) icing on the cake is that Danny DeVito is on the Tonight Show tonight, and some of the cast of Fun Home will be on tomorrow.
ugh - he shows horses in the same circuit as my family. I have never known someone so arrogant and condescending. He is a complete and utter jackass.

Back