OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
For anyone that has had t-shirt quilts made can I ask how much you paid for them?

A local woman, good friend of mine, is asking for $400 to make 1. Sounds high to me but maybe thats normal.

**If you want to know who your real cheer friends are just change gyms**

My middle name is Siobhan, but I think we've already had this discussion

If I ever have a daughter her middle name will be Saoirse, if I can find a first name that flows with it, to keep up the tradition of a black girl with a random Irish name.

although I should probably just go all out and name her Ireland Saoirse and tell people she's kind of like a junior but not really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wanted to go all out and go with Saoirse Siobhan... The ex thought that would make her life too much struggle.

I love all the names in that video. Maybe one of my grandchildren can be Saoirse, since both my daughters love the name - and wish I'd chosen it for them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Here in my college in Ireland it is free for Irish and EU students to attend. The cost for international students to attend is between $16000 and $22000 per annum and we have a huge American population because of the slightly lower fees and the language benefits.

Slightly lower fees? My most expensive year (freshman) was $21K, the lowest (senior) was $18K. By the time you factor in plane tickets, shipping fees, etc, I can't see how that's any cheaper than going to a public state school :confused:

I wanted to go all out and go with Saoirse Siobhan... The ex thought that would make her life to much struggle.

I love all the names in that video. Maybe one of my grandchildren can be Saoirse, since both my daughters love the name - and wish I'd chosen it for them.

My assistant principal mispronounced it at my high school graduation. I tried to correct her at graduation practice and she was like "no I got it".

She didn't have it.

Besides that and people asking if it's Sigh-Oh-Bon I don't run into issues. Granted I don't really use it. It's a pretty name. I'm glad my parents burdened me with it.

And if I ever visit Ireland (which is actually not on my lists of places to go) I have an Irish name.

It's pronounced in that video above my post.

Sheer-shuh

Ah see my friend pronounces it sear-shuh

I love Welsh and Irish names but people struggle to spell Philippa correctly so I'm not going to put my kids on that struggle bus.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

I love Welsh and Irish names but people struggle to spell Philippa correctly so I'm not going to put my kids on that struggle bus.

That's how I pronounce it too, but I've heard it both ways.

My daughter's GRANDMOTHER still can't say Siobhan. My daughter is 13. Thirteen years... And she still says "Miranda Sa-bon."

For anyone that has had t-shirt quilts made can I ask how much you paid for them?

A local woman, good friend of mine, is asking for $400 to make 1. Sounds high to me but maybe thats normal.

**If you want to know who your real cheer friends are just change gyms**

very high. for comparison: t-shirt quilt on Etsy, a global handmade and vintage marketplace.

UNLESS it is a highly detailed quilt with actual quilted "design" (I don't know how to word this.. i've made one quilt i'm no expert lol) like the patterning done with thread. the average memory t-shirt quilt is literally cutting the t-shirts and sewing 12-15 squares together. not much skill or labor required.

I'm southern and because of my accent it's probably off

My daughter's GRANDMOTHER still can't say Siobhan. My daughter is 13. Thirteen years... And she still says "Miranda Sa-bon."

I feel like of all the Irish names, Siobhan is the easiest to say. It is a really popular name in the UK though, unlike Grainne which took me ages to say.
Having a girl called Niamh in my Reception class really messed with my head though. "Mum it sounds like a V why is there no V?!"

haha back in the day I was taught Irish dance by a woman named Carlene...who was the mother to Mairéad, Deireann, Bridget, and Ciara. I'm still not 100% sure how to pronounce her oldest daughter's name.
I took a Gaelic class this year in school and I'm pretty sure Mairéad is Margaret, pronounced my-red. I haven't opened my book in like 8 months though, so don't hold me on that.
My name is Welsh, by coincidence. My family is Welsh but I was going to be named Rhiannon regardless. In class my Gaelic professor thought I was an exchange student before I spoke and had an awful Cape Breton accent instead.

Slightly lower fees? My most expensive year (freshman) was $21K, the lowest (senior) was $18K. By the time you factor in plane tickets, shipping fees, etc, I can't see how that's any cheaper than going to a public state school :confused:
I think it depends on where you're from. Illinois in state is not cheap (it's cheaper to go to Wisconsin schools and pay out of state). A year at Northern Illinois University will cost an in state person about 27 grand.

My older cousins (like my parents older cousins so my second cousins?) still misspell my name and my sisters name. They spell my name Sidney and my sister's name Maddison and it's spelled Madisson. We're 22 and 19 [emoji28]

I feel like of all the Irish names, Siobhan is the easiest to say. It is a really popular name in the UK though, unlike Grainne which took me ages to say.
Having a girl called Niamh in my Reception class really messed with my head though. "Mum it sounds like a V why is there no V?!"

I have a friend from college whose name is Orlagh. Her siblings are Sinead, Dierdre, and Aiden. I don't think I had heard Orlagh or Sinead before I met her. Their arents are immigrants I think.

Back