OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I'm so jealous! I'll always be a WDW kinda girl, but anything Disney is amazing!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I've never been to Disneyland, just the World, but when I saw a flight for less than 300 round trip I jumped. Managed to get a hotel for 67 a night too, which doesn't suck. I'm going with my friends from California.

ETA: If anyone lives in Anaheim and wants to hang out, I'm down. It's a very low-key trip. and @Aussiekat I had a dream I met you last night.

Last edited:
I only really need something moderately heavy and light weight.

Layers are your best bet. I live in Chicago, so I have coats and jackets from a ton of different brands. My favorite combo for weather that is around 30-40 degrees is a long sleeve, fleece jacket, and a snowboarding jacket. Top it with a scarf and a hat and it's great. I got my snowboarding jacket from Sport Chalet a while back. I think it's Roxy. The fleece is Marmot, but the NorthFaces are very similar to it.

I have no trouble staying awake until 5 am (or even later) on competition weekends in the US. Right now it's 11 pm on NYE and I'm thinking about going to bed.

LOL, this was just my thought haha! Come on, only 40 mins left, we can do it. ;)

I'm just at home with my mum, grandma and grandpa, watching james bond haha! I'm scared of fireworks so, not my favourite day of the year. :p

You would not be happy where I live. I think I've continually heard fireworks since 5 pm today. I actually love fireworks and I have a pretty great view from my apartment, so I'll likely watch the firework at midnight for a while.
I'm spending the evening alone. I've done that the first time last year and I loved it so much that I decided to do it again this year.

Only 13 minutes to go :)

You would not be happy where I live. I think I've continually heard fireworks since 5 pm today. I actually love fireworks and I have a pretty great view from my apartment, so I'll likely watch the firework at midnight for a while.
I'm spending the evening alone. I've done that the first time last year and I loved it so much that I decided to do it again this year.

Only 13 minutes to go :)

I'm just sat in our sofa nearly crying lol. They've been pretty active today here too, fortunately we have big windows and see clearly from inside lol!

Does anyone have any recommendations for a jacket that can stand super low but non negative temperatures? I have a couple North Face fleeces but I want something a little more substantial. I was looking into the Helly Hansens but they just seemed to be overpriced rain jackets.
They aren't particularly stylish, but LL Bean has jackets for every season and temperature range and they are great quality.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

They aren't particularly stylish, but LL Bean has jackets for every season and temperature range and they are great quality.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
When trying to stay warm, style does not matter. Winter in Chicago is a mess. Everyone is bundled in mismatched hats and scarves, jackets are large, puffy and unflattering. (unless you think the michelin man is sexy) The wind is so bitter your eyes water and you have snot running down your face. And the dry air kills your skin. A lot of people wear full ski masks or wrap scarves around their face. I'd totally rather be warm than look cute. My long NorthFace is one of the best coats I own. It's also the absolute ugliest.

Back