OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
So Mother Nature decided to punish all those that complained about 60-70 degree weather during Christmas up here in Jersey. Thanks....
d145ef74f6cc1ab360bd6d119b99f8b1.jpg

Yea that's my car under there... We call her Goldilocks.... About to start a gofundme page to raise money to dig her out and possible bring her back to life....

In Memoriam: RIP Goldilocks (until possibly spring). We had a good run. Gonna miss u during comp season!! [emoji17][emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi! Native Floridian here!
I've never seen snow so forgive me here but, is it really that impossible to get the snow off the car? Or is it just that its hard to drive on the snow..? Also, does the snow damage the car? Is snow heavy or like sticky...?
Sincerely, i'm wearing layers and using my heated blanket because its 64 degrees outside and I just don't understand how snow works :)

I've never seen snow so forgive me here but, is it really that impossible to get the snow off the car? Or is it just that its hard to drive on the snow..? Also, does the snow damage the car? Is snow heavy or like sticky...?
Sincerely, i'm wearing layers and using my heated blanket because its 64 degrees outside and I just don't understand how snow works :)
This is the cutest thing I've ever read in my life.

Lol I'm laughing cause my parents live in Miami right now and they were visiting but like always managed to leave before we heard about the storm lol.
It's a pain cause as the snow hardens it gets heavy... Then it's like where do u put the snow which is why my car got buried b/c everyone else put their snow on my car lol then if u don't dig enough your car will just spin wheels and so on. It's a pain in the butt for real.

Eta: 64 degree weather and I'm in shorts or a summer dress lol

This is the cutest thing I've ever read in my life.

It's rough saying you've only lived in Hawaii and Florida your whole life. :rolleyes:
I tried to go see snow once in DC, but it didn't snow the whole three days I was there... Until I started to board my flight home :( All that 30 degree weather for nothing!!!

I don't live in the city, but we did have over 8 feet of snow last winter.....
The problem is there is nowhere to put the snow. You shovel your car out and you have to put the snow on the street. Then the snowplow comes and puts the snow right back around your car, but now it is chunky and icy and about 5 times heavier than it was before. And then you shovel it again, and then the plow comes again, and then your neighbor shovels out their car and puts "their" snow by your car, and well, it kind of goes round and round like that until May....
Or you just say screw it and leave your car where it is until May

Lol I'm laughing cause my parents live in Miami right now and they were visiting but like always managed to leave before we heard about the storm lol.
It's a pain cause as the snow hardens it gets heavy... Then it's like where do u put the snow which is why my car got buried b/c everyone else out their snow on my car lol then if u don't dig enough your car will just spin wheels and so on. It's a pain in the butt for real.

Well, I would love to come play in the snow that is on and around your car to help set your car free!

I don't live in the city, but we did have over 8 feet of snow last winter.....
The problem is there is nowhere to put the snow. You shovel your car out and you have to put the snow on the street. Then the snowplow comes and puts the snow right back around your car, but now it is chunky and icy and about 5 times heavier than it was before. And then you shovel it again, and then the plow comes again, and then your neighbor shovels out their car and puts "their" snow by your car, and well, it kind of goes round and round like that until May....
Or you just say screw it and leave your car where it is until May
Can you 'melt' the snow? Like pour hot water on it??

Can you 'melt' the snow? Like pour hot water on it??
You're so cute!!
NO!!!
I mean, I suppose you may be able to if you had like an Olympic sized pool full of boiling water, but I'm thinking if you live in the city you don't have that readily available. And if you did, it would all turn to ice and then that creates a new set of problems.
Last year DH had to plow our entire front yard after the first 2 feet of snow fell so he had somewhere to put the rest of the 6 feet that fell. I'm not lying when I say I had snow on the ground until May. In Boston the last now pile melted in July I think.
Boston also has some nifty snow melters but those don't exist where I live.
And trust me, snow is pretty and fun for the first 24 hours or so and then it just gets gross and cold and miserable.

You're so cute!!
NO!!!
I mean, I suppose you may be able to if you had like an Olympic sized pool full of boiling water, but I'm thinking if you live in the city you don't have that readily available. And if you did, it would all turn to ice and then that creates a new set of problems.
Last year DH had to plow our entire front yard after the first 2 feet of snow fell so he had somewhere to put the rest of the 6 feet that fell. I'm not lying when I say I had snow on the ground until May. In Boston the last now pile melted in July I think.
Boston also has some nifty snow melters but those don't exist where I live.
And trust me, snow is pretty and fun for the first 24 hours or so and then it just gets gross and cold and miserable.
Why is snow so misleading?

I think i'm better off just watching it on Facebook from home.....

I have had my portable heater out all week beside me in the living room - it is pretty sad.

It's rough saying you've only lived in Hawaii and Florida your whole life. :rolleyes:
I tried to go see snow once in DC, but it didn't snow the whole three days I was there... Until I started to board my flight home :( All that 30 degree weather for nothing!!!

I live in DC suburbs (VA/MD) and basically we don't get snow nearly as much as anywhere else but we are more functional than some states (lookin at you GA). Thirty degree weather is just a abnormally cold day but doesn't guarantee snow. In my almost 20 years on this earth, this past weekend has been the worst snow wise. We've had other storms but nothing like this, where almost every school district is out. Groceries stores are deserted.

Snow is just heavy and icy, so shoveling it is a hassle, then you can get stuck in it because the wheels don't have traction. Not to mention the black ice (dirty melted snow) can be deceiving and cause you to lose control of the vehicle.

Funnily, the last big blizzard was in 1996, right before I was born.

Back