OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Definitely random... I have 2 Guinea pigs that need a new home. I've tried Facebook, Guinea pig rescues and so on but nothing. Due to health reasons (increased allergies which are affecting both CPs) I can't keep them in the house. Can anyone offer suggestions? I'm literally at a dead end. I'm in New Jersey if anyone is interested. Don't want a cent. Just a good home.
de23b2cab79de116fa9c7413c727a39a.jpg
b8c85a70d7a307ce2dda43d09ab66233.jpg
. Meet chewy and chip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is snow so misleading?

I think i'm better off just watching it on Facebook from home.....
It's reeeeaaallllly not fun when you're in college because the sidewalks don't necessarily get shoveled so you're walking through gross slushiness and wearing rain boots! that and people puke in the snow then everyone gets to look at it!! Luckily it warmed up this weekend and the puke snow all melted.

does anyone watch the bachelor? i just started last week and i'm trying to like it but i can't help but cringe the entire 2 hours
That's the fun part!
I have a special place in my heart for trashy tv like dance moms and the bachelor. It's hilarious to watch the train wrecks. I also find a lot of enjoyment in being sober and watching drunk people be a shambly mess so that tells you about my character...
I will say Ben is an angel and too good of a guy to be on the show. Like he was just the sweetest thing on Kaitlyn's season and was always respectful of the other guys and Kaitlyn's decisions (so of course he had no chance of winning!). He's adorable, I love him, and I low key wish I could marry him.

It's reeeeaaallllly not fun when you're in college because the sidewalks don't necessarily get shoveled so you're walking through gross slushiness and wearing rain boots! that and people puke in the snow then everyone gets to look at it!! Luckily it warmed up this weekend and the puke snow all melted.

Wow I heard of yellow snow but not puke snow lol. Both equally gross.

Lol @SmileCat I feel your pain with the snow questions, being from Texas. It doesn't snow here in Dallas, just ice every other year it seems like....and everyone acts like they can't drive (myself included lol). I'll stick to my 100º+ weather :)

Lol @SmileCat I feel your pain with the snow questions, being from Texas. It doesn't snow here in Dallas, just ice every other year it seems like....and everyone acts like they can't drive (myself included lol). I'll stick to my 100º+ weather :)
Yeah, I really enjoyed going to the beach the day after Christmas. Everyone was complaining that it was too hot (high 80s) but hello!!! I only own like 4 sweatshirts...

Yeah, I really enjoyed going to the beach the day after Christmas. Everyone was complaining that it was too hot (high 80s) but hello!!! I only own like 4 sweatshirts...

You sound like my mom. I grew up in Southern California and then I moved to Chicago. Snow was fascinating at first, and then it turned into a real pain. Visiting snow is fun. Living in the snow is a nightmare. Snow does not stay white. It quickly turns black with dirt, gravel, mud, tar etc. Snow does not stay fluffy. It usually ends up icing over and becoming incredibly hard and slippery and dangerous. Falling on snow is not like falling onto a pile of clouds. It hurts! Snow(because of the salt used to melt it) damages your shoes, your bags, your clothes, your home exterior, your car, and your sanity.

Oh, and shoveling snow is not fun. It's actually pretty tiring. And, during a storm, shoveling can be an hourly occurrence. Imagine mowing your lawn only to have the grass back in an hour, and then you have to do it again. And unlike in warm areas where you can hire a gardener, snow shovelers aren't exactly a common career.

If you are ever that curious, feel free to come up to Chicago. Bring all 4 of your sweaters though. You're going to need them. :)

Hi! Native Floridian here!
I've never seen snow so forgive me here but, is it really that impossible to get the snow off the car? Or is it just that its hard to drive on the snow..? Also, does the snow damage the car? Is snow heavy or like sticky...?
Sincerely, i'm wearing layers and using my heated blanket because its 64 degrees outside and I just don't understand how snow works :)
omg this is precious.

Yes, you can get snow off the car. You have to brush it off the windows/roof/hood/trunk. And then when it freezes and turns to ice, you have a scraper that you use to scrape the ice off the window. I've never had to dig mine out of a street though. I have dug it out of the parking lot at school before. Gotta keep a shovel in your trunk!

It's hard to drive in the snow. We got a lot last night, most happened while I was cheering at a basketball game. The roads weren't plowed to well so the drive back to campus was very slow. It's super easy to slip on wet snow (and ice too) so you have to give yourself lots of extra breaking/stopping distance.

As for snow hurting the car, no, not as far as I know. I've never heard of it happening.

This is all from a girl from WI who hates snow. It's 25 degrees here and I'm laying in bed in shorts and a sports bra. I've also never had a heated blanket lol

ETA: Oops, shoulda read ahead since people have already responded to this. My bad!

Last edited:
Definitely random... I have 2 Guinea pigs that need a new home. I've tried Facebook, Guinea pig rescues and so on but nothing. Due to health reasons (increased allergies which are affecting both CPs) I can't keep them in the house. Can anyone offer suggestions? I'm literally at a dead end. I'm in New Jersey if anyone is interested. Don't want a cent. Just a good home.
. Meet chewy and chip

Have you tried Craig's List? We actually got 2 guinea pigs for cp years ago that way and then passed them on to their next family in the same manner. Same situation for us - my oldest has allergies and she couldn't tolerate them in the house.

. Meet chewy and chip

Do you have an SPCA near you? Or any type of animal shelter/rescue/adoption agency? I'd check those out.

You sound like my mom. I grew up in Southern California and then I moved to Chicago. Snow was fascinating at first, and then it turned into a real pain. Visiting snow is fun. Living in the snow is a nightmare. Snow does not stay white. It quickly turns black with dirt, gravel, mud, tar etc. Snow does not stay fluffy. It usually ends up icing over and becoming incredibly hard and slippery and dangerous. Falling on snow is not like falling onto a pile of clouds. It hurts! Snow(because of the salt used to melt it) damages your shoes, your bags, your clothes, your home exterior, your car, and your sanity.

Oh, and shoveling snow is not fun. It's actually pretty tiring. And, during a storm, shoveling can be an hourly occurrence. Imagine mowing your lawn only to have the grass back in an hour, and then you have to do it again. And unlike in warm areas where you can hire a gardener, snow shovelers aren't exactly a common career.

If you are ever that curious, feel free to come up to Chicago. Bring all 4 of your sweaters though. You're going to need them. :)

I've actually wondered about that (bold part) because over here it isn't that uncommon to hire a service that shovels your snow. I thought that it would be very common - especially in the north. So whoever is looking for a business career during winter: here it is!

I've actually wondered about that (bold part) because over here it isn't that uncommon to hire a service that shovels your snow. I thought that it would be very common - especially in the north. So whoever is looking for a business career during winter: here it is!
Maybe not common in Chicago but in the northeast part of the US we can hire people to plow our driveways shovel our walkways. Very common for local business and apartment buildings to do this. I would imagine in the major cities, NYC, Boston, Etc..., it may not be as common because very few places to remove the snow to.

**Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails, that's what boys are made of**

Back