OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I often ponder that in general. I rarely post on Facebook, but I have seen so many people saying how they will unfriend if they see post from people that contradict their political opinions. It kind of bothers me that people are so unwilling to accept that not everyone shares, or will ever share, all the same political opinions and truthfully I feel that is a good thing, debate is good. If I see posts that make me roll my eyes, and there have been many, I just scroll on down the page, no need to unfriend.
I don't unfriend people who have differing political positions to me, I just unfollow them... They have a right to their views, but I don't particularly want to see them on my news feed.

Then again, the majority of my friends are Bernie-lovin' hippies like me.

48d1b32711d3e2531e948544e1d78628.jpg

Don't know where else to share this, but today I went to the funeral of my assistant director for the library system where I work. She was the first black cheerleader for the University of South Carolina (and for her high school)

I've always thought that was a cool fact about her, even when I was a child

bdc4199007d3e5d59037ad99481dd509.jpg

My mom took this picture of her cheering at a Carolina game in '76. She's doing a shoulder stand (my mom said she didn't get the guy in the picture because she didn't think he was important [emoji23])

She was my mom's sorority sister in college but I never met her until I started working for this library system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry for the loss of your friend. Thanks for sharing, that is great! It floors me that it was mid 70's before the school had their first black cheerleader. Since many college campuses have organizations that represent the different races, cultures, religions, etc associated with the school maybe you could share it with the organization that represents the history of the college or even the African American history @ the college. That's something I would want shared if it were me or my family members!!

48d1b32711d3e2531e948544e1d78628.jpg

Don't know where else to share this, but today I went to the funeral of my assistant director for the library system where I work. She was the first black cheerleader for the University of South Carolina (and for her high school)

I've always thought that was a cool fact about her, even when I was a child

bdc4199007d3e5d59037ad99481dd509.jpg

My mom took this picture of her cheering at a Carolina game in '76. She's doing a shoulder stand (my mom said she didn't get the guy in the picture because she didn't think he was important [emoji23])

She was my mom's sorority sister in college but I never met her until I started working for this library system.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. It's pretty cool to hear about her cheer legacy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sorry for the loss of your friend. Thanks for sharing, that is great! It floors me that it was mid 70's before the school had their first black cheerleader. Since many college campuses have organizations that represent the different races, cultures, religions, etc associated with the school maybe you could share it with the organization that represents the history of the college or even the African American history @ the college. That's something I would want shared if it were me or my family members!!

Oh no, I just meant I didn't know where to share it in terms of here since there's no Random thread in the College section

Locally everyone (who knew her) is aware of her history/legacy with cheer and library and information science. The Mayor of Columbia has declared April 2 her official day and a scholarship has been established at Carolina's library school in her honor....and our library is doing a Staff Education Day Award in her honor.

Anyone know good websites to sell college books back? I've tried chegg and it takes forever to get paid [emoji58]

Ughh. Can someone help me find a dress? Websites like Tobi, Lulus, Asos, Topshop, Zara and those little local boutiques that are all the same essentially (Entourage, Hopes, Dress Up), Windsor Store etc I've all tried

I'm going to see Beyoncé in about a month and I can't find anything to wear. I want a dress that has a print, cut outs or an open back, isn't fitted (i.e. Body on) but is fitted in the bust area and the bottom is skater-esque....and isn't long and will look good with wedges and dark make up [emoji19][emoji19][emoji20]

Can anyone find this unicorn of a dress

It should also cost under $100 since I'll only wear it once (and yep I've been stalking rent the runway and that other similar site for a month now)

Ughh. Can someone help me find a dress? Websites like Tobi, Lulus, Asos, Topshop, Zara and those little local boutiques that are all the same essentially (Entourage, Hopes, Dress Up), Windsor Store etc I've all tried

I'm going to see Beyoncé in about a month and I can't find anything to wear. I want a dress that has a print, cut outs or an open back, isn't fitted (i.e. Body on) but is fitted in the bust area and the bottom is skater-esque....and isn't long and will look good with wedges and dark make up [emoji19][emoji19][emoji20]

It should also cost under $100 since I'll only wear it once (and yep I've been stalking rent the runway and that other similar site for a month now)

Have you tried Charlotte Russe?
ETA: check out this one

Last edited:

Have you tried nasty gal? not great for everyday dresses, but great for Beyonce-esque dresses
Party Dresses | Shop Going Out Dresses - LBDs, Cocktail Dresses & More

I was at a Ted Cruz rally today and a little girl & her dad came over and asked if she could take a picture with us because we're cheerleaders. I don't know how they know that, but it was pretty cool.

Have you tried nasty gal? not great for everyday dresses, but great for Beyonce-esque dresses
Party Dresses | Shop Going Out Dresses - LBDs, Cocktail Dresses & More

Thanks
I'd forgotten about them.

They have a dress I wanted to order just to try on
33fb214dcdaf8099aa66e73a53ae33b4.jpg

And Tobi posted it to Instagram last night but also said it was sold out [emoji19][emoji19][emoji19]. So why post [emoji19][emoji19][emoji19][emoji19]. And it would be 50% off [emoji854][emoji854][emoji854]

But they don't even have my size
Life's hard.

OH MY LOVE Mesh Heart Plunge Neck Dress in Black | REVOLVE
OH MY LOVE Plunge Skater Dress in Electric Blue Diamond | REVOLVE
Privacy Please Ford Dress in Grasberg | REVOLVE
NBD x Naven Twins Adorn Fit & Flare Dress in Fuchsia Snake | REVOLVE
NBD x REVOLVE Fire Escape Dress in Navy | REVOLVE
NBD x Naven Twins Tell Me More Fit & Flare Dress in Multi Floral | REVOLVE
NBD x Naven Twins Te Amo Fit & Flare Dress in Red | REVOLVE
NBD x Naven Twins Ever After Fit & Flare Dress in Black | REVOLVE
NBD x Naven Twins Back It Up Fit & Flare Dress in Black | REVOLVE

You're my new best friend! I just ordered this one.

It literally looks like if the two outfits I wore to the last two Beyonce concerts had a baby....that would be the offspring
Yay! Happy to help! I thought this one was gorgeous!

Back