OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
So many thoughts:

1. Who tries out for a team not knowing how they're going to pay for it? I feel like before you send a video to try out across the country, you need to have plans for a job or other means of funding your adventure.

2. If you're a minor, whose parents says, "Yes. A GoFundMe sounds like a great idea to pay for a team you tried out for?"

3. GoFundMe is not fundraising. It's begging.

4. What.
omg this is an old post but soo true.. i mean i get it, its some athletes dream to be on a team and they make it, but if you live across the country or even in another country (i dont get why ppl come to the states to cheer but thats my opinion), you dont have a job, no money saved up, and an income that cant be spread for extracurricular activites. why even try out in the first place? give that spot to someone else who is more stable

omg this is an old post but soo true.. i mean i get it, its some athletes dream to be on a team and they make it, but if you live across the country or even in another country (i dont get why ppl come to the states to cheer but thats my opinion), you dont have a job, no money saved up, and an income that cant be spread for extracurricular activites. why even try out in the first place? give that spot to someone else who is more stable
People come to the states to cheer because often the teams are of a higher caliber. Cheer isn't always as advanced as it is in the US. (And I know there are some international teams that are- but if I had the choice between a high caliber team in Cali vs. one in Toronto, I would try my hardest to make being on the Cali team a reality because for most people that's what they aspire to be or a team/gym that got them into cheer in the first place)

People come to the states to cheer because often the teams are of a higher caliber. Cheer isn't always as advanced as it is in the US. (And I know there are some international teams that are- but if I had the choice between a high caliber team in Cali vs. one in Toronto, I would try my hardest to make being on the Cali team a reality because for most people that's what they aspire to be or a team/gym that got them into cheer in the first place)

There was a male athlete who came from the UK and was on TGLC for one season then OO5 for another season. From what I understand this was the most logical choice for him at that time as he was already on the best team in the UK but was fully capable of being a true level 5. Hopefully he will come back to the UK with knowledge to help further push our teams

I can't remember the last time I heard of a celebrity being murdered in cold blood like this..
I've had her cover of I Won't Give Up on repeat all morning. It's always made me emotional because of Great Whites 2013, but now even moreso.
Exactly my thoughts. As is that cover didnt already make me emotional enough :(

found out last night that one of my old college roommates was a victim in the club shooting, luckily he is in stable condition in the hospital currently.
however i officially wont be voting for trump, as him being the low life that he is by using the orlando shooting as a way to think people should be congratulating him is beyond disgusting, as well as pointless/stupid and confusing as to why i should owe thanks to someone who's done absolutely nothing for our country other then providing crappy reality tv. I wont be voting for the fake orange, oompa loompa, toupee wearing pig.

Does anyone know where I can find a list of teams in a particular non worlds division, I looked on the Wiki but had no luck?
As far as I know, all teams that have been posted in the Teams thread have been added to the Wiki. I've looked up a couple other gyms that had not been posted in there and added those as well. There's been a ton of teams announced without the division size, so those ones have not been added and won't be until a size is known.

Saw a funny quote on Facebook today and thought of all you that are Hamilton obsessed.. "It's easier to get a gun in this country than it is to get tickets to Hamilton". It's coming to Boston in fall 2017 and I'm already nervous I won't be able to get tickets.
I think i read that the tickets will go on sale to season theatre members first and then they'll open it to the public or something. It's like dorm selection all over again haha.

Matilda is coming to boston in the next week or so and I'm on the fence about getting tickets. It's a totally great show though so if you find yourself with nothing to do then you should totally check it out!

Last edited:
71ddf8f229e95be68c8762b170e47c08.jpg

Cool tweet!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this is old, but please tell me he used someone else's account to "visit" and didn't start an account...or has an account. Ugh.

ETA - I know it's a Tapatalk problem, but I am so bummed that I can't "like" things on the app, especially all this Hamilton talk!!! [emoji53]

Last edited:
I know this is old, but please tell me he used someone else's account to "visit" and didn't start an account...or has an account. Ugh.

He has an account unfortunately.

ETA - I know it's a Tapatalk problem, but I am so bummed that I can't "like" things on the app, especially all this Hamilton talk!!! [emoji53]

He's had an account for years - he used to be a regular user.

http://www.fierceboard.com/members/dj.401/

Ok so there is a concert I want to go to in October, but it's the same night as one of my night classes for grad school. Doors open for the concert at 7, so the concert will actually start at 8. My class gets out at 8:30 so I wouldn't get to the venue until around 9.

This is for Catfish and The Bottlemen if anyone that has been to their shows before can give some insight.

Would I just miss the opener? Or would I miss part of their act too?

Back