OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
There is no reason for anyone to be afraid for their lives. Nothing about your friends and neighbors has suddenly changed. They are the same people they were yesterday and will be tomorrow.

And, the racists, misogynists, bigots, and those like-minded now feel confident that they can be open about their hatred. They may have felt like that before, but they tried to hide it better.

I have seen in on the news and all over social media. It is vile and disgusting especially since so many claim to be "Christian".

There was a huge sign in Cleveland, TN that said, "Make America White Again". The viral video of the guy in Memphis who went off on the black driver. Countless horrible tweets threatening. Women being harassed at work that their male co-workers could "grab them by the *****".

If this is what trumps' America is going to encompass, "great" is not the word most would use to describe it.

Many people have a right and a reason to be afraid.

I've cried in front of the kids today.

It's. Not so much Donald Trump being president that I'm afraid of. I'm genuinely afraid of his supporters

Few people here know what it's like to walk in a room and be called a n.

Or what it's like to have a friend killed by a white supremacist present day

Or be treated differently because of their race

It's the way I'm going to be treated openly now is what fears me the most

I don't think every Trump supporter is a racist. But my God. The ones that are will become bold and brazen and I'm afraid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I AM TERRIFIED. People I talk to everyday wouldn't even look me in the face this morning in class. People are walking around campus with their heads down.

Here's the thing. When you're in a position of privilege, YOU DO NOT have the right to tell others that they are unjustified in their fears.

Your life experience is NOT the same as anyone else

Just because you don't experience it does not mean it does not exist.

This goes for any type of bigotry. Racism. Sexism. Ageism. Etc. I can't tell an elderly person ageism doesn't exist just because I sit experience it. I can't tell an overweight person they don't experience discrimination just because I've never been overweight.

And, the racists, misogynists, bigots, and those like-minded now feel confident that they can be open about their hatred. They may have felt like that before, but they tried to hide it better.

I have seen in on the news and all over social media. It is vile and disgusting especially since so many claim to be "Christian".

There was a huge sign in Cleveland, TN that said, "Make America White Again". The viral video of the guy in Memphis who went off on the black driver. Countless horrible tweets threatening. Women being harassed at work that their male co-workers could "grab them by the *****".

If this is what trumps' America is going to encompass, "great" is not the word most would use to describe it.

Many people have a right and a reason to be afraid.
I've seen it, and I've been seeing the same sort of hatred from the other side for months. "stupid white rednecks voting for trump, when Hillary's elected heads will roll ect" "when Hillay's elected its open season on white pig cops" Electing someone doesn't flip a switch on hatred.

Here's the thing. When you're in a position of privilege, YOU DO NOT have the right to tell others that they are unjustified in their fears.

Your life experience is NOT the same as anyone else

Just because you don't experience it does not mean it does not exist.

This goes for any type of bigotry. Racism. Sexism. Ageism. Etc. I can't tell an elderly person ageism doesn't exist just because I sit experience it. I can't tell an overweight person they don't experience discrimination just because I've never been overweight.

You don't know anything about me or my "privilege" or lack thereof. Don't presume to say you do. It may not be popular or politically correct, but that's what the people who voted for Trump are largely tired of, being asked to apologize for existing as white people. That's where a lot of the vitrol you are seeing comes from. It definitely ISN'T right or justified in any way but it does stem from the frustration at being judged based on skin color and assumed to be a certain way. Believe me, I am judged daily based on my skin color. I am in the minority, and it is automatically assumed I am a racist bigot until I prove otherwise. I have to work to overcome the hostility. You can't play the "white privilege" card and tell me it doesn't happen. You are doing it to Trump supporters. Assuming that they are all out to get anyone who isn't white. Isn't assuming anything about an entire group of people based on skin color inherently racist??

Coming from a country that to this day still has to deal with the aftermath of some very wrong decisions/election results, due to lies and empty promises making the people believe their lifes would change for the better ,today has been shocking to me. I don't think HC would have necessarily been a better choice, i think there were way better people in the race that did not get the chance to even become candidates, but DT becoming the new president of the united states is scary. I really hope and pray it won't be as bad as it feels right now.

Coming from a country that to this day still has to deal with the aftermath of some very wrong decisions/election results, due to lies and empty promises making the people believe their lifes would change for the better ,today has been shocking to me. I don't think HC would have necessarily been a better choice, i think there were way better people in the race that did not get the chance to even become candidates, but DT becoming the new president of the united states is scary. I really hope and pray it won't be as bad as it feels right now.
Neither one was a stellar choice, to be sure. There were other, more qualified, less corrupt candidates that got lost in the rhetoric and grandstanding.

You don't know anything about me or my "privilege" or lack thereof. Don't presume to say you do. It may not be popular or politically correct, but that's what the people who voted for Trump are largely tired of, being asked to apologize for existing as white people. That's where a lot of the vitrol you are seeing comes from. It definitely ISN'T right or justified in any way but it does stem from the frustration at being judged based on skin color and assumed to be a certain way. Believe me, I am judged daily based on my skin color. I am in the minority, and it is automatically assumed I am a racist bigot until I prove otherwise. I have to work to overcome the hostility. You can't play the "white privilege" card and tell me it doesn't happen. You are doing it to Trump supporters. Assuming that they are all out to get anyone who isn't white. Isn't assuming anything about an entire group of people based on skin color inherently racist??

I'm missing where I tagged you, or specifically mentioned white privilege. There are all instances where we are in a position of privilege and my statement stands as being true in any situation and it's something that we all need to be mindful of regardless the circumstance at hand.

You're also clearly ignoring where I specifically said that I do not believe ALL Trump supporters are racist however it's unarguable that a climate has been created for the ones that truly are to thrive and become bold and brazen.

But anyway. I don't have time for this. Hit dogs will holler and time will tell who is right about this administration.

Racism and sexism and prejudice have all existed before Trump came into this election. A president does NOT dictate how you need to treat your family and friends and acquaintances. Nor, will a president dictate how they should treat you. From what I've seen, the negativity about Trump is blown out of proportion for drama. Sure, he's needs to control his mouth, but I think a lot of his babbling is word vomit or things said for defensive reasons. He was never groomed to be a politician and it's obvious he lacks the finesse for debating and public speaking.

It's easy to say "stop spreading hate" or "show love" or "let's see what happens" when Trump's racism will never affect you. His discrimination will never affect you as a non-minority. His hatred for marginalized people will never affect you. So of course you can move on. Of course you can let it go and shrug it off.

That is privilege. The ability to choose to see the good in a racist, sexist bigot because you will not face the very real consequences of him being in power. You do not have anything to fear. He never threatened to go after you. But he did threaten to go after people. And those people are rightfully fearful of their safety, their children's safety, their loved one's safety. Do not dismiss their fear because you are safe. Your safety is privilege.

::this is NOT directed at any individual here. Paraphrased from a friend and something I needed to get off my chest::

Back