OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I went home sick the friday before school was canceled on monday and everyone thought I had it. Nope. School lunch just didn't agree with my stomach.

I'm pretty sure I just threw up and felt queasy one morning before school during this madness and my mom made me stay home from school even though I felt fine afterwards.

I don't have tonsils and I read somewhere that's good for the immune system. I literally get sick after flu shot in November or December and one really bad allergy/cold combo in the spring. But I think I went all last year without a cold? I'm really lucky bc college is full of germs.

Some of the smaller school districts around here have closed for a couple of days. CP's hasn't, and as far as I've heard there hasn't been a huge amount of sick kids but it is on our radar. One of the districts that closed had 200 kids and 23 teachers call in one day this week.

The only sickness I ever remember when I was in school was when almost the entire 5th grade had a lice outbreak, and then quickly spread to lower grades.
They closed school for like three days to make sure all the kids got their heads checked before they could reopen.

Last semester there was a mumps outbreak at mizzou and a girl who lives in the sorority house with me had it :eek:
Luckily nobody else got it. School was never cancelled or anything they just sent us a lot of "Mumps Outbreak Update" emails telling us to get a 3rd MMR vaccine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey y'all! Haven't been on in a while! Life has been crazy lately. I'm working full time and preparing to try out for the Roar of the Jaguars (the cheer team for our local NFL team here in Jacksonville). I met @SmileCat last night for the first time even though we live in the same town now :p
Yay!! Fingers crossed you make it, so then we would be co-workers! (I'm working on the JaxPack)

Y'all I need some book recommendations. I've polished off my Netflix queue and read all the books in my to-read pile. Help a bored girl out.

Y'all I need some book recommendations. I've polished off my Netflix queue and read all the books in my to-read pile. Help a bored girl out.

Books 1-3 of my TNT Force Cheer series are available on Amazon Kindle and paperback!

Or, if you need other book recommendations, let you know the genre and I can give you whole list I'm sure! :)

Depends what you like, but I enjoyed Amy Poehler's Yes Please. I'm about to start Andrea Martin's Lady Parts, which should be good. (Not gonna lie, I bought it because the title made me giggle like a 10 year old boy...) If you enjoy true crime shows or books, anything by Ann Rule is a safe bet. On the Farm by Stevie Cameron is good, but depressing. There's also a movie with the same name, I don't think it's an adaptation of the book but it's about the same thing.
I've read Yes Please and loved it. Let me know what you think of Andrea Martin's book - I think she's hilarious, so I might give that one a go!

Anybody thinking about watching A Dog's Purpose? I got teary eyed at the half of the video mark.

I've read some things about what was done to at least one of the dogs when it was being made and will never watch that movie now. There's a video floating around of them forcing a terrified German shepherd into the water to film a rescue scene.

I've read some things about what was done to at least one of the dogs when it was being made and will never watch that movie now. There's a video floating around of them forcing a terrified German shepherd into the water to film a rescue scene.
oh... :mad: shame shame.... mm mm mm:confused:

There's more to that story than just the original video that was spread through social media. The video was edited to make it look like something it wasn't. There's tons of articles about it.

Back