OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I call bull. I saw both colors 5 minutes apart. My mood hadn't changed. I bet it has to do with lighting or what you were looking at before you saw it.
Me too! I'm so glad someone else saw both at different times with no significant mood change. I thought there were 2 different pictures floating around till I saw it was on the exact same Instagram page I saw it on, then went and checked the Facebook article I saw earlier and it had definitely changed for me.

b39d628d9638a148dd604af254537b3d.jpg
just saw this, but I'm calling bull on it too. I've seen a lot of people saying they've seen both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I watch the cheetahs video and then look at the dress(it's right before it in my ig feed), it's black and blue. If I scroll up and back to the dress really quickly without watching the video it's gold and white. Interesting
ETA: it's definitely what you see before. It was on my ig feed like 10 times and it would change if I went above it and scrolled down to it versus if I went below it and scrolled up to it.

Last edited:
I don't believe anything about stress, what's going on in my life or how my brain works, because it literally goes back and forth for me. It depends more on the angle I see it, the size of the image, if I scroll up or down on it and the colors surrounding the picture on my phone or computer.

Okay so I had a nervous breakdown and an argument with my boyfriend. I see the dress as white and gold. When I try to screen shot it I see it as black and blue and the. It fades back to white and gold.

Okay so I had a nervous breakdown and an argument with my boyfriend. I see the dress as white and gold. When I try to screen shot it I see it as black and blue and the. It fades back to white and gold.

I think it's from the flash of light when you screenshot it, bc I just did the same thing and that's exactly what happened. You are not alone!

I think it's from the flash of light when you screenshot it, bc I just did the same thing and that's exactly what happened. You are not alone!

Also if I tilt my phone kind of sideways I see the blue and black. If I look at it straight I see white and gold.

I see the dress as white and gold, but I was fiddling around with the image because I need a legitimate reason on why it's two colors or else I'm not going to sleep at all tonight.
When I put the image into iPhoto, and mess with stuff there, if you adjust the cool tones, it easily turns to black and blue. Also, when I up the contrast on my computer screen settings, it changes to black and blue fairly quickly. AND, if I change my settings to grey scale, then I change it back to normal, the dress is blue and black before fading to white and gold in about 10 seconds.
And if I really stare at for a while it fades to black and blue, but goes back as soon as I blink.
So in conclusion, I'm pretty sure it has to do with light perception in your eyes and how your eyes perceive color, very similar to optical illusions. Like I remember seeing an optical illusion where you stare at a grey picture for 30 seconds then stare at a blank surface, and you "see" the image in color. I'm assuming it's the same brain/eye thing.

A pipe burst in a building at my school 2 days ago and $2 million worth of chemistry equipment was destroyed, as well as some senior thesis research projects. Damage was done to other departments also, but I don't have any info on it. A bunch of classes have to relocate for the rest of the term. One professor's entire research lab is ruined. It's so sad.

Bingo! I was telling my husband how weird it was that, when I first looked at the picture, the dress was gold and white. Then, after scrolling down to read the comments, I looked at the dress and it was blue and black. Just before then, the sun had come out from behind the clouds and it was incredibly bright. I told him I thought it had something to do with the light and he got very excited and explained how it happened.

It has to do with with cones and rods and lighting (and other stuff). That is the summary of the very (long) scientific explanation my husband gave me last night.

Back