OT New Random Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I'm tired of facebook changing. I'm tired of having to decline someone twice because the first time is says freaking not now. I DON'T KNOW THEM JUST LET ME DECLINE. You can't tag anyone it says "with Suzy". This new news feed is so confusing and I don't know how to view videos. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

So I was supposed to be joining a team at a local gym. Went to their practice right after my tumble class just to watch last week and all the girls were so nice and they are a really good team. I was so excited to be on it but my mom tells me that because of her working on the weekends it might be hard for competitions and stuff.

One of the girls who cheers there goes to my school and I was talking to her and telling her about it and she was just like well I can take you or you can talk to the owner of the gym. I told my mom and she just doesn't want to give the responsibility of me to another parent or athlete. Even though I'm 16 and can do more on my own, when it comes to the 2 or 3 comps we will have to stay at a hotel she's worried about that.

She wants me to do it so bad, you can see it in her face, but she feels bad that things aren't easier and that I already give up a lot as it is because of this schedule. I'm upset because my mom is so stressed out and feels bad, but the clock is ticking for me. Usually when things like this happens I suck it up, put on a smile, and say it's no big deal but now I feel like maybe I should be selfish for once. But feeling this way makes me hate myself because I shouldn't be putting my mom in this situation. At the same time I hate myself for not just saying I want this one thing for me. I've stopped doing the one thing that makes me happy before because of something similar to this, I don't want to lose everything completely.

So I was supposed to be joining a team at a local gym. Went to their practice right after my tumble class just to watch last week and all the girls were so nice and they are a really good team. I was so excited to be on it but my mom tells me that because of her working on the weekends it might be hard for competitions and stuff.

One of the girls who cheers there goes to my school and I was talking to her and telling her about it and she was just like well I can take you or you can talk to the owner of the gym. I told my mom and she just doesn't want to give the responsibility of me to another parent or athlete. Even though I'm 16 and can do more on my own, when it comes to the 2 or 3 comps we will have to stay at a hotel she's worried about that.

She wants me to do it so bad, you can see it in her face, but she feels bad that things aren't easier and that I already give up a lot as it is because of this schedule. I'm upset because my mom is so stressed out and feels bad, but the clock is ticking for me. Usually when things like this happens I suck it up, put on a smile, and say it's no big deal but now I feel like maybe I should be selfish for once. But feeling this way makes me hate myself because I shouldn't be putting my mom in this situation. At the same time I hate myself for not just saying I want this one thing for me. I've stopped doing the one thing that makes me happy before because of something similar to this, I don't want to lose everything completely.

Maybe if she gets to know the parent you'd stay with she'd be more comfortable?

i painted up for my powderpuff game today and omg i am peeling paint for days, never again.

WE WON btw..

What happened to smiley?
He/she/it got a MAJOR block after some serious rudeness (and not unnecessary 'stirring the pot' rudeness. REAL rudeness)..don't know if it was lifted and they decided not to come back or if it's still on. It's been so peaceful here..I'd hate to ruin the zen.

USA Gymnastics announced the Worlds team for girls in Tokyo: Aly Raisman, Jordyn Weiber, Alicia Sacramone, Anna Li, Gabrielle Douglas, Makayla Maroney and Sabrina Vega. Pan Am games Team USA is Bridget Sloan, Chellsie Memmel, Shawn Johnson, Brandi Jay, Bridgette Caquatto, and Jessie DeZiel. NOW- for those of us like me who don't know: Pan Am games- are they just trying to test the girls out to see how they're doing but they want to give the others a chance at International comp Senior-wise? Some of the girls from the Pan Am games I don't remember and some of the Worlds choices I'm not sure about..

He/she/it got a MAJOR block after some serious rudeness (and not unnecessary 'stirring the pot' rudeness. REAL rudeness)..don't know if it was lifted and they decided not to come back or if it's still on. It's been so peaceful here..I'd hate to ruin the zen.

USA Gymnastics announced the Worlds team for girls in Tokyo: Aly Raisman, Jordyn Weiber, Alicia Sacramone, Anna Li, Gabrielle Douglas, Makayla Maroney and Sabrina Vega. Pan Am games Team USA is Bridget Sloan, Chellsie Memmel, Shawn Johnson, Brandi Jay, Bridgette Caquatto, and Jessie DeZiel. NOW- for those of us like me who don't know: Pan Am games- are they just trying to test the girls out to see how they're doing but they want to give the others a chance at International comp Senior-wise? Some of the girls from the Pan Am games I don't remember and some of the Worlds choices I'm not sure about..
I'm glad to see Anna Li on the list and gabrielle douglas! they both have great bar routines!

Awww thats so sad :( things will work out though! Try and get your mom to talk to that mom and plan a dinner together. They can get to know eachother and talk it out. Thats what i did when i wanted to go to a destin comp with my teammate and my mom didnt know the other mom. Once your moms gets to know her she might be more comfortable in letting you go and staying with them!! It also helos that you can drive to practices and all

Maybe if she gets to know the parent you'd stay with she'd be more comfortable?

She means more like knowing them for a few years, second mom type of thing. She doesn't want to give that responsibility to someone because they have their own children and doesn't want to stress them out.

I feel like I have so much going on I can't even think straight....this is what I'm doing this year:
Sunday & Wednesday: cheer practice 5:30-7:30
Tuesday & Thursday: coaching a mini's team 5:30-6:30
Working for my mom from home everyday of the week for about 2 hours
I'm historian for D.E.C.A. (a marketing/buisness club) and we make scrapbooks and do community service
All that ontop of homework, tests, and hanging out with friends/going to football games.

Omg senior year is kinda stressing me out, but I want to do alot so I can have fun ya know?!

I hate latin, it can go die in a hole. reconsidering taking latin 3, translating will be the death of me....

Back