All-Star New Rules Reflection-james Speed

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What you aren’t grasping is the process and the power/control...there will be more to come...ie their notation about 2012-2013 consideration etc...blah blah blah...this is just the start....did athletes, parents, gym owners, ep’s from all over get a vote or a say so....and ANY cap on a sport..stifles it...of course my cp.’s will not quit because of not being able to do a standing double or whatever you said and it’s a bit insulting you intimated that...this is so much more than your simple statement.

I never once aimed it directly at you, if I was aiming it just at you I would have tagged you in the post. I have seen MANY cheerleaders talk about wanting to quit because they can't do certain passes now. You even said you don't know if you CP will cheer until she ages out now and you wouldn't recomment cheer to others (no I am not saying that you said it because of the passes being made illegal).

I am grasping the process, if you didn't notice I said the process of it all is what upset me. I believe that what the USASF did was wrong, completely wrong. Since it happened I made several posts talking about how if they wanted it to run like a government then they should retake a basic high school government class because they are doing it all wrong. BUT if I truly loved this sport I wouldn't run away because of the USASF, I would try my hardest to make it better.
parents don't get a vote but if you want to voice your opinion then talk to your gym owner and coaches about it when they get to place a vote. Trust me I get that the USASF is broken, there are many things that I don't like about it all.

I didn’t get a vote Troy...did you?
things that make ya go hmmmm

I can see where your coming from with it being what seems as unfair to some athletes, but we can't all vote on certain things, I mean Im a fan of The Boston Red Sox, but I don't get to vote on their trades and such and Im a fan of MLB baseball but I dont get to vote on their policy's...and I mean they did listen alot they def loosened up on alot of rules

I can see where your coming from with it being what seems as unfair to some athletes, but we can't all vote on certain things, I mean Im a fan of The Boston Red Sox, but I don't get to vote on their trades and such and Im a fan of MLB baseball but I dont get to vote on their policy's...and I mean they did listen alot they def loosened up on alot of rules

I also bet the parents who have athletes who play NCAA sports don't get to vote when they change rules or policies either. I don't get to vote with the supreme court when they decide on a case or with the house/senate when a bill enters their chambers even though I am a registered voter.

I also bet the parents who have athletes who play NCAA sports don't get to vote when they change rules or policies either. I don't get to vote with the supreme court when they decide on a case or with the house/senate when a bill enters their chambers even though I am a registered voter.
Ugh agreed! That's what I kept thinking reading the most recent posts in this thread. Not every parent gets a vote in every sport. Do I agree with how the USASF came to these decisions? No. Do I think parents should have a vote on all the rules? No. I think the BoD, Rules Committee, NACCC (or whatever those initials are, I'm tired and not looking it up sorry), and maybe leaders of the PAC could count as the parent vote. Sorry, but I just don't agree that parents should get a vote on things such as this.

But Coaches and Gym owners do....OR DID:oops:

I do believe that the coaches and gym owners should have been able to vote on this. I hope that when voting comes around again that these will be on the ballot to be voted on, or atleast some of them. Maybe that way they actually will get to get their opinions across loud and clear, problem with that is another flaw in the USASF though. Even if the votes are in favor of one thing, the USASF gets to choose if they go with the vote or not. To me that would be like in the presidential election if one state voted for a candidate but instead the person in charge of declaring the electoral vote switched it to who they wanted screwing over the rest of the state. It isn't how you run things smoothy in a government like situation. I suggest they all take a semester of high school government.
Not sure why parents would be shocked they didn't get to vote when they never have gotten to before.

I do believe that the coaches and gym owners should have been able to vote on this. I hope that when voting comes around again that these will be on the ballot to be voted on, or atleast some of them. Maybe that way they actually will get to get their opinions across loud and clear, problem with that is another flaw in the USASF though. Even if the votes are in favor of one thing, the USASF gets to choose if they go with the vote or not. To me that would be like in the presidential election if one state voted for a candidate but instead the person in charge of declaring the electoral vote switched it to who they wanted screwing over the rest of the state. It isn't how you run things smoothy in a government like situation. I suggest they all take a semester of high school government.
Not sure why parents would be shocked they didn't get to vote when they never have gotten to before.

lol that would be florida haha #welcometoourbackyard

I don't like the process one bit. I still have no respect for the USASF and how this has been handled. There are far greater issues to be addressed. Removing skills does not make this a safer sport. There will still be kids throwing skills they are not ready to do. And there will still be those other issues that they continue to ignore and bury their heads in the sand about.

I can tell you one quick fix to get a wee bit more respect for the sport. Have announcers/broadcasters at televised competitions who actually know what they are talking about. Jim Chadwick is the worst!

I know there are bigger fish to fry but it is so irritating to watch these broadcasters who clearly do not know what the hell they are talking about.

I for one have the highest respect for James Speed and always will whether I agree or disagree with him. I also was coaching college during the "Crash of '05" and felt it was the end of the World, it wasn't, however routines are no where near the same and injuries haven't changed in 6 years (from the people I have spoken with that were involved before and after including coaches, trainers, event staff and even an Insurance person, no I don't have proof, but hey, who needs proof, I'll just say that its a "general census" lol) I was the tumbling coach for HPU and we won years before and they are still going strong today. Regardless of the rules, the ones put into place in College, were discussed the YEAR before at coaches meetings and discussed on MANY occasions. My main issue is the process, if you show me where injuries are running rampid bc of standing doubles, I'll support removing them. If you show me that a full punch double is chasing people AWAY from cheerleading, I'll support it. But still nothing. These were mentioned at the meeting in Doral LAST summer and they were shot DOWN! I was there, in the meeting and discussed the pro's and con's of each skill. The "general census" was removing these skills was NOT a good idea. However, the (IMO) top elite coaches in the industry, meeting, discussing and deciding this was NOT a good idea was NOT respected and this decision is now supported bc "hey it's better than what they said last week". Garbage, it's the PROCESS RockstarCheer not the skills. I know you run a solid program, and I am part of a solid program as well. Again, my issue is NOT the skills (I disagree with removing them but that's the least of the problems) I 100% disagree with the "process". I also want to know what "Under review for 2013-2014 means", does this mean that slowly but surely the skills that were originally released will disappear just over time? What is the "review process"? Seriously, I want to know bc if there is ANYTHING that can be done to "save" a skill, then the responsibility lies on the coaches, but DANGIT if the coaches DO THEIR jobs and educate their staff and spread the word and the work is done, then the skill/skills should stay. If whatever they are looking at gets worse, then you know what, responsibility lies in the hands of the coaches/gym owners. But as it stood before and as it stands now, no one knows. That is my problem.

I for one have the highest respect for James Speed and always will whether I agree or disagree with him. I also was coaching college during the "Crash of '05" and felt it was the end of the World, it wasn't, however routines are no where near the same and injuries haven't changed in 6 years (from the people I have spoken with that were involved before and after including coaches, trainers, event staff and even an Insurance person, no I don't have proof, but hey, who needs proof, I'll just say that its a "general census" lol) I was the tumbling coach for HPU and we won years before and they are still going strong today. Regardless of the rules, the ones put into place in College, were discussed the YEAR before at coaches meetings and discussed on MANY occasions. My main issue is the process, if you show me where injuries are running rampid bc of standing doubles, I'll support removing them. If you show me that a full punch double is chasing people AWAY from cheerleading, I'll support it. But still nothing. These were mentioned at the meeting in Doral LAST summer and they were shot DOWN! I was there, in the meeting and discussed the pro's and con's of each skill. The "general census" was removing these skills was NOT a good idea. However, the (IMO) top elite coaches in the industry, meeting, discussing and deciding this was NOT a good idea was NOT respected and this decision is now supported bc "hey it's better than what they said last week". Garbage, it's the PROCESS RockstarCheer not the skills. I know you run a solid program, and I am part of a solid program as well. Again, my issue is NOT the skills (I disagree with removing them but that's the least of the problems) I 100% disagree with the "process". I also want to know what "Under review for 2013-2014 means", does this mean that slowly but surely the skills that were originally released will disappear just over time? What is the "review process"? Seriously, I want to know bc if there is ANYTHING that can be done to "save" a skill, then the responsibility lies on the coaches, but DANGIT if the coaches DO THEIR jobs and educate their staff and spread the word and the work is done, then the skill/skills should stay. If whatever they are looking at gets worse, then you know what, responsibility lies in the hands of the coaches/gym owners. But as it stood before and as it stands now, no one knows. That is my problem.

And why did you tag me in your post?

So when someone doesn't agree with you, you result to what? Bullying? Intimidation tactics? Sarcasm? What's so shocking to you?
Im sorry...I was upset and took it out on you...I am sorry...you didn’t deserve that....take care and good luck at Worlds

Back