All-Star New Rules Released Today?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

IF the USASF has statistics to support removal of skills they should publish them and NOT reverse their decision. IF they don't, they behaved rashly and irresponsibly. Either way, I've lost respect.

If it was SUCH AN IMPORTANT ISSUE.... Why retract things you already published? Did their data change?

Panthers don't have any skill that has been removed from next season's rules and as long as they hit, they have it in the bag. I don't think full punch doubles or one to fulls are helping anyone in that division.
WE is a close competitor and they have a dub/dub, will it change the outcome...

I put this on the A.S.G.A. Facebook page:

I'd like to thank the USASF for single handedly denieing my child the opportunity to attend Worlds until she is out of High School. She is currently 14 in 8th grade and turns 15 Sept 23. 3 weeks late to be on our International Coed 5 team. This wouldn't be so infuriating if it were not for the fact that this same thing happened to her before in 2009.

IT IS TIME FOR NEW LEADERSHIP!!!!!!!!

I am completely done with the USASF!

The USASF is not denying anyone the change to go to worlds if they are 12+. I have no idea if you are in the US, but if you are then if you want your child to go to worlds find her a gym with a senior 5. If you are outside of the US all I can say is this may kick gyms into gear about building their skills in the senior aged divisions.

Could you go to a different gym that has a Senior Age team for her?

I can yes. But I would be putting her back into some situations that existed there previously and cannot/will not do so again. Besides that I am extremely supportive of the gym we are at currently. The thought has crossed my mind but then what am I teaching my child. You pick up and run when you don't like the situation? No, you fight for what you believe is right which is what I intend to do.

Furthermore, if I have considered it, how many other kids will leave (and rightfully so) a smaller gym to get on a level they want. This is playing out to be a bad rule for the survival of the smaller gyms and possibly others.

All I can say is that NOTHING about this situation is ok, period. Our BoD is stacked in such a way that one group can sweepingly make decisions and even if all the others vote otherwise, they can never overturn it. They completely went over everybody's heads making rules and chucking them out there without foresight, evidence, or courtesy. They then had to be strong-armed into a compromise in some capacity and basically gave a 'You will start doing what we say when we say it or else' response afterwards. They gave ZERO evidence of the situation that was apparently SO IMPORTANT that they had to disrupt the season with the rules TODAY, even though they won't go into effect until next season. The 'bandaids' they gave don't even address the REAL issue at hand, nor did they provide an answer for that as to how they're going to start handling it. All in all, there is a word my dearly departed Costume Teacher had to describe such situations..alas, due to its inappropriate nature, not only would the filter censor it, but my non-existent team at worlds would get a deduction for being too theatrical- except oh wait, I'm a girl.

I've also just come to the conclusion that if the USASF just listened to my suggestions the FIRST time, it wouldn't have been such a mess..

The USASF is not denying anyone the change to go to worlds if they are 12+. I have no idea if you are in the US, but if you are then if you want your child to go to worlds find her a gym with a senior 5. If you are outside of the US all I can say is this may kick gyms into gear about building their skills in the senior aged divisions.

I am in the US but I do not trust the other gyms in my area with my child for reasons I will not go into. As for the International world I would argue on thier behalf that there isn't the depth of gyms nor talent most need to be competitive. They are being punished for simple lack of demographics!

I can yes. But I would be putting her back into some situations that existed there previously and cannot/will not do so again. Besides that I am extremely supportive of the gym we are at currently. The thought has crossed my mind but then what am I teaching my child. You pick up and run when you don't like the situation? No, you fight for what you believe is right which is what I intend to do.

Furthermore, if I have considered it, how many other kids will leave (and rightfully so) a smaller gym to get on a level they want. This is playing out to be a bad rule for the survival of the smaller gyms and possibly others.

You can't blame the USASF for denying your child to go to worlds when you won't take her to a different gym that has another option.
I am in the US but I do not trust the other gyms in my area with my child for reasons I will not go into. As for the International world I would argue on thier behalf that there isn't the depth of gyms nor talent most need to be competitive. They are being punished for simple lack of demographics!

They have to build from somewhere. The teams in the US had to build up their programs and talent just like the international community will have to.

You can't blame the USASF for denying your child to go to worlds when you won't take her to a different gym that has another option.

They have to build from somewhere. The teams in the US had to build up their programs and talent just like the international community will have to.
UNLESS- the other gyms are unsafe, but because the USASF is too concerned with the size of my bow and not how the coaches are teaching skills, the gym is allowed to continue operation. At which case, yes. I'd blame the USASF lol.

Read my post again. It would mean placing her back into some bad situations..... I would not advise any parent to do so just so they can have thier child on a Senior 5 team. There is no short term joy that may be gained from this that would be worth the possible long term damage!

UNLESS- the other gyms are unsafe, but because the USASF is too concerned with the size of my bow and not how the coaches are teaching skills, the gym is allowed to continue operation. At which case, yes. I'd blame the USASF lol.

And that IS the problem!

Read my post again. It would mean placing her back into some bad situations..... I would not advise any parent to do so just so they can have thier child on a Senior 5 team. There is no short term joy that may be gained from this that would be worth the possible long term damage!

No I understand that you don't want to place her in a bad situation, but you can't blame the USASF for that because they can't just say "oh we can't make that rule because people don't want to go to another gym." You have the right to not put your child in that situation, but it has nothing to do with the USASF.

No I understand that you don't want to place her in a bad situation, but you can't blame the USASF for that because they can't just say "oh we can't make that rule because people don't want to go to another gym." You have the right to not put your child in that situation, but it has nothing to do with the USASF.

We are going to have to agree to disagree. It DOES have everything to do with the USASF because THEY made the rule!

I agree blame the USASF for not paying attention to coaches who are teaching skill, but that has nothing to do with them raising the ages on the international divisions which is what is being talked about. Blame them for that but don't blame them because your new gym doesn't have a senior 5 team.

Back