All-Star New Rules Released Today?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

yeah, so they have the same 17 yr old that they are afraid of them being around to come over and babysit
You can't compare having a 17 year old babysit and putting a 9 year old in a "team" situation with 17 year olds. My CP was 11 on a senior team this year and I cringed at some of the stuff she overheard...I can't imagine a 9 year old.
I agree. We have a 15 year old on lazers for worlds because we lost a flyer and I don't like it. And i constantly tell people to not say what they are thinking. This is why i love that international will be capped at 17 for both levels.

I think it should be grouped better by age/grade.

I can totally appreciate that some younger athletes are not mature enough to be on a team with 17-18 year-olds, and I can appreciate that some 17-18 year-olds are not mature enough to be on a team with younger athletes... but I think that this is an individual decision to be made by parents - not mandated by a governing body. If you don't like the team your CP is on, you have other choices. I think the same thing goes for uniforms - if you don't like what your gym makes your CP wear, you have other choices.

Maybe the USASF could stop trying to be a "parent" and focus on the more important issues?

CheerUpdates on Twitter just put out - "Hearing the revised USASF rules were developed and teh result is a compromised list. #staytuned"

I was under the impression that the rules meeting was not until Pacific Standard Time at 8:30 am so it started at 11:30am east coast time, so I think they might still be in the meeting.

@cheerUPDATES: Hearing the Revised USASF rules were developed and the result is a compromised list. #staytuned

Being happy and being safe are usually NEVER the same.
I'm sure 12 year olds would love to stay home alone or ride their bike to the ice cream store. But most parents would say that is a RISK theyre not willing to take.

again, you're right :D I actually lean more on the safety side of things, so I'll more than likely be okay with the rules. because Roger is on the NACCC I was reading more into that tweet, mostly because I just want to see the rules.

With no new rules to read, what am I going to do for the next 4 hours at work ? :p

CheerUpdates on Twitter just put out - "Hearing the revised USASF rules were developed and teh result is a compromised list. #staytuned"
@cheerUPDATES: Hearing the Revised USASF rules were developed and the result is a compromised list. #staytuned
"cheerUPDATES@cheerUPDATES
Hearing the Revised USASF rules were developed and the result is a compromised list. #staytuned"

This isn't news. Everyone knew they were compromising and releasing updated rules....

From the USASF Website -
March 28, 2012 - Dear Members,

Thank you to everyone providing feedback on the rules announcement yesterday, especially the tumbling concerns. The Rules Committee is using this in developing the specific rules and timing in concert with the NACCC and the result will be forwarded to all members at the earliest possible date.

Jim Chadwick
President, USASF

for smaller gyms
I agree. We have a 15 year old on lazers for worlds because we lost a flyer and I don't like it. And i constantly tell people to not say what they are thinking. This is why i love that international will be capped at 17 for both levels.

I think it should be grouped better by age/grade.

for smaller gyms, its not like there is one poor little 10 year old on a team full of HS seniors. on my large sr 3 with 28 kids only 6 of them are too old to be Jr the rest are between 10 and 14. Now am I naive enough to think that the 10 year olds never hear anything that they shouldn't be hearing? of course not. Do they hear the same stuff from their older siblings or the kid across the street or on the bus ride to school? probably so.

Would you have me kick those 6 kids out of the gym because they are too old? or have a sr team with 6 kids on it?

Les's tweet said it would be sent out to members. I don't think that means everyone who signed up to receive emails. I'm thinking member gyms owners/coaches only?? Could that be why we haven't seen it yet?

But, how likely is it that a whole team of 18 year olds will be on a team with a young kid at a small gym? At a large gym, senior aged kids make a senior team, and younger kids make a younger, age appropriate team. At a small gym, they'll be combined but usually there are only one or two senior aged kids anyways.
Our gym will feel the impact of this rule because we have one girl that will become senior aged next year, and we have an amazing flyer that is too young. Both belong on the team, and sadly, one of them will be cut. They love each other, and it's more of a big/little sister thing. We may be the exception, but my older kids have enough sense to not talk about crazy things in front of younger ones.
Like I said, I agree with it, but wish there was a little cushion instead of one big blow. Just wanted to give a different side.
Exactly, we already started to split up teams and one is a Sr.1 ages 8-15 and there are only 2 senior aged kids and one of them is just like any other kid, never herd a bad thing from her and the younger ones love the older ones.

Back