All-Star New Rules Released Today?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

who will be the first to get the email lol... since its sent out in a mass email, I would guess.. and may hit a few people differently a few seconds behind.

I did agree with age grid changes, except I thought that minimum sr age should be 12 across the board. Also, leave youth at age 11 max age. You shouldn't be old enough for senior and youth.

This screws over the average small town team that do All-Star Cheer for the girls/boys to build self esteem and confidence, to learn to work as a team and most of all to have fun. I understand the rules are there mainly for the bigger squads to work towards Worlds but there are some of us that will never be that good. We accept everyone who signs up, we have to, so the ages range from 9 to 17 for our Senior squad. And our team even with accepting that age range is always a small senior team. So I for one can accept the 10 yrs. old change but would prefer it stay where its at. A 12 yr. minimum, ack!!!!

Lets start a Fierceboard pool/bet. Everyone throw $1.00 into a hat. Whoever guesses the exact minute the email is sent out wins!

My guess.....though I want NOTHING changed! (Except adding major penalties for janky tumbling)

1. No standing doubles
2. No standing one to doubles (two to doubles okay)......no standing bounding skills whatsoever
3. No twisting bounding skills (so you can whip full or double but no full to double etc)
4. 50+1 for majority.
5. MAJOR penalties for unsafe tumbling. (MY HOPE!)

6. Males must flex muscles and wear Old Spice when on the mat AT ALL TIMES!

This screws over the average small town team that do All-Star Cheer for the girls/boys to build self esteem and confidence, to learn to work as a team and most of all to have fun. I understand the rules are there mainly for the bigger squads to work towards Worlds but there are some of us that will never be that good. We accept everyone who signs up, we have to, so the ages range from 9 to 17 for our Senior squad. And our team even with accepting that age range is always a small senior team. So I for one can accept the 10 yrs. old change but would prefer it stay where its at. A 12 yr. minimum, ack!!!!

I agree with the rule, but also see how it impacts small gyms, and impacts them A LOT.. I would really love this if there were some warning, like this year it stays the same but next year the rule is 10-18. This gives time to explain thing to parents and prepare them, instead of "oh yeah, last year it was fine but this year it's not."

Back