All-Star New Rules Released Today?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I really hope that everyone realizes that this is not the end....Those Board members just sent out a test balloon to see how far they could go. What did they revise?? they gave back standing handsprings to doubles big deal!!! What they wanted was no crop tops...what they wanted was no overtly flamboyant boys, what they wanted to see is how much of their will they could impose upon us before we fought back.....

Like I said elsewhere, we will all learn new skills, but whats gonna stop them from taking those???
Its our bows and crop tops this time...next time they will have everyone in turtle necks and poodle skirts....

so im assuming that all this means the image guidelines and blah blah blah are stuck in place -.- (guilty of page skimming.. too many threads about this)

I think the emphasis on Worlds needs to be taken away. You do realize it is a USASF sponsored event? So we can't scream at the USASF on one hand and then rave on the other about Worlds bids and how much Worlds means to us and our kids. If a new federation pops up from IEP everyone better be prepared to walk away from Worlds, because I can guarantee some kind of letter will go out saying if you compete at an IEP event you cant earn a bid to Worlds.
So that is my question to all of the parents of level 5 Worlds athletes...if the USASF doesn't fix this and leaves things as they are...are you ready to walk away from Worlds?

I think the emphasis on Worlds needs to be taken away. You do realize it is a USASF sponsored event? So we can't scream at the USASF on one hand and then rave on the other about Worlds bids and how much Worlds means to us and our kids. If a new federation pops up from IEP everyone better be prepared to walk away from Worlds, because I can guarantee some kind of letter will go out saying if you compete at an IEP event you cant earn a bid to Worlds.
So that is my question to all of the parents of level 5 Worlds athletes...if the USASF doesn't fix this and leaves things as they are...are you ready to walk away from Worlds?
Worlds who??

Co-Signed AGAINNNNNNNNNN lol
I really hope that everyone realizes that this is not the end....Those Board members just sent out a test balloon to see how far they could go. What did they revise?? they gave back standing handsprings to doubles big deal!!! What they wanted was no crop tops...what they wanted was no overtly flamboyant boys, what they wanted to see is how much of their will they could impose upon us before we fought back.....

Like I said elsewhere, we will all learn new skills, but whats gonna stop them from taking those???
Its our bows and crop tops this time...next time they will have everyone in turtle necks and poodle skirts....

Believe me.... My fight is far from over.

idrive I know you don't want to change gyms, and I'm so sorry this is happening to your cp. But if her heart is really set, and you're still willing, maybe look at T&S Tulsa? 2 Senior 5 teams this year, Diamonds has an At Large. You posted before about Oklahoma Twisters, not sure if that's where you still are, depending on where you are in relation to that gym, it's showing 2 hours from Twisters. Maybe not this year, maybe not every year, but something like that could give her that opportunity. The drive sounds crazy, unfortunately, where I'm at we have many people who do it for cheer, maybe because we're all used to crazy commutes for work - 2 hours is toward the outer fringes of normal but still within the realm of normal for work. It could be better if you found others in your situation and split up the driving with them. Maybe there's other big gyms closer, but still further than you initially considered, I'm not really all that familiar with gyms in OK.

Those who can do these skills will continue to practice them in the gym... Loop holes will be found and athletes will continue too compete skills just as "dangerous" as these ones. Do the rules rewarding wearing warm ups around the comp apply for next season?

idrive I know you don't want to change gyms, and I'm so sorry this is happening to your cp. But if her heart is really set, and you're still willing, maybe look at T&S Tulsa? 2 Senior 5 teams this year, Diamonds has an At Large. You posted before about Oklahoma Twisters, not sure if that's where you still are, depending on where you are in relation to that gym, it's showing 2 hours from Twisters. Maybe not this year, maybe not every year, but something like that could give her that opportunity. The drive sounds crazy, unfortunately, where I'm at we have many people who do it for cheer, maybe because we're all used to crazy commutes for work - 2 hours is toward the outer fringes of normal but still within the realm of normal for work. It could be better if you found others in your situation and split up the driving with them. Maybe there's other big gyms closer, but still further than you initially considered, I'm not really all that familiar with gyms in OK.

Those thoughts have been considered and we cannot make the drive because of the other activities my kids are in. We absolutely LOVE the gym we are at currently and the coaches are second to none and have worked hard to establish a program built on integrity, proper technique and progression. It's nice to go to competitions and see how well respected our coaches are as well. They really have become part of our family as with so many others at this gym. While my daughter doesn't know of this change yet I am concerned that she may just call it quits when she finds out. I do know our coaches and others are still fighting for this same group of kids, that like mine, were left out in 2009 when that age change was made. It just makes no sense to me and I have tried to undertand it.

Personally, I came in to this not at all excited about all star cheer. As time has passed I have become more interested in it and here I am on this board which I never thought would happen. I have such high hopes for this sport and these athletes but it pains me to see this kind of blind leadership.

Back