All-Star New Uniforms 2014-2015 Season...just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The new WVU uniforms. I'm not sure how I feel.
117xlj6.jpg
I don't hate it.... I need a nap.

Ok but West Virginia is the Mountaineers. Their mascot isn't Indian or Native American related. When I think Mountaineers, I think like a mountain man, hiking dude. So I'm confused.

Edit: Googled their mascot and I guess it was modeled after him. Isn't the look I first thing of when I hear Mountaineer. I think more...lumberjack-ish. haha

Ok but West Virginia is the Mountaineers. Their mascot isn't Indian or Native American related. When I think Mountaineers, I think like a mountain man, hiking dude. So I'm confused.

Edit: Googled their mascot and I guess it was modeled after him. Isn't the look I first thing of when I hear Mountaineer. I think more...lumberjack-ish. haha
Yea, I was just about to post a picture. It's very representative of the school and it's traditions. I can't really explain why that's what the Mountaineer looks like, but that's just how it's always been.

Kind of reminds me of a high school team in GA (gwinnett?) that got black and metallic gold gladiator "uniforms" (i.e. costumes) b/c their mascot is a gladiator. I liked the creativity, but I prefer a more tradition uniform.
I think its Johns creek that are gladiators. I remember people on YouTube commenting on their uni's, socks and hair.

Yea, I was just about to post a picture. It's very representative of the school and it's traditions. I can't really explain why that's what the Mountaineer looks like, but that's just how it's always been.
The best way I can describe a Mountaineer is like Lewis and Clark back in their expedition days.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

i will say its a little busy and i loved the simplicity of the old ones. But what do you dislike about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The back of the skirt is too much and I don't like the font they're using.

It may look absolutely amazing under lights and these pictures aren't doing it justice, but in my head it looks like a hot mess on the stage.

Reactions: ian

outdoors people, of these lands from the 18th and 19th centuries, such as trail-blazers/explorers/mountaineers, took on the traditional garb of certain native peoples such as wearing animal hide/leather. if you look up pictures of lewis and clark and daniel boone, and others of that time, you will see depictions such as:

lewis and clark
wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fd/Detail_Lewis_%26_Clark_at_Three_Forks.jpg

making a uniform out of a present day mountaineer would be... challenging/interesting haha...

2rc52r9.jpg

Back