All-Star New Uniforms 2015-2016 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hey all! As the coach of TG Angels and designer of the new uniform, I appreciate the fact that we all have a difference of opinion... what kind of world would it be if we all thought the same about everything that happens? I will say that the uniforms are definitely more impressive when you see them in person, but I can let you all be the judge of that when/if you ever get to see them in person.

The vision I had was that I really wanted the wings on the back to be the statement piece of the uniform. Ideally, I wanted them to wear big huge angel wings (kind of like what you would see at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show), but obviously that isn't practical & the girls wouldn't be able to do a routine with big ole wings like that on their back. So the next best option was making the back almost a full piece so that the wings would cover the entire back. Originally I thought it would just be normal white fabric with the wings sublimated on it. But instead GK came back with the back being all white mesh on the first prototype. When I first saw it not on anyone, I was very hesitant about the mesh. But once we put it on one of our athletes, I thought it looked really cool because it looked like the wings were almost tattooed on the back. Again, I realize some people don't like that look & you're entitled to your opinions, but our staff really liked it and so did I, so we decided to keep it.

Practicality was a HUGE factor when designing this uniform because I knew we were taking a risk with the back of the uniform since nothing like that has ever been done before. Although I really wanted to do a different uniform with an element that has never been done before, my main priority was making sure the Angels felt comfortable in it. It seems many of you aren't aware of the many bra options out there for women, but for our bustier girls, they have a bra they can wear that is hardly noticeable through the mesh back ... but most of the girls say that a bra isn't necessary because of how well GK knows how to fit a uniform to a body. .. And the reason behind the skort is simply the fact that all of our girls say that a skort is the most comfortable to wear (or else I would have probably made this a skirt instead. But I'm a guy and don't know what either feels like so I just went with what the girls liked). The girls will be wearing white spandex shorts specially made for the uniform underneath the skort to prevent any see-through issues.

Bottom line, the TG Angels love their uniform and they say its extremely comfortable (even more so than their previous uniform) so thats what matters most. Again, I appreciate everyone's different opinions (although I do appreciate the people who like the uniform a little more than those that don't hahaha ;-)) but I felt the need to explain myself so that you all can have a better understanding of the process in getting this uniform done.

Have a great day and good luck to everyone competing at NCA!

~Chris

Hands down my favorite TG uniforms EVER!! I have always loved watching angels throughout the years and it is no different now. These uniforms are beautiful and classy. Not over done at all. They remind me of the all white and silver uniforms they had in I believe it was 13/14 when they just said "Angels" on the front and had small wings on the back

Last edited:
Just wanted to pop in and say I'm still a card carrying member of the bra brigade. After being at Cheersport Nationals all weekend and spending a lot of time watching routines....I just can't with the Bouncing Bettie's. So many teams aren't wearing bras. I could practically hear the breast tissues ripping as girls bounded in tumbling or flounced across the stage.

It doesn't matter what size you are, it's not healthy, attractive or flattering. (And your 35/40/50 and 60 year old selves will thank you when you don't have to tuck your betties into your belt). Demand to be able to wear a sports bra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ce6a0877965ec0261755c7a536d60ff6.jpg

Wheres the uproar in the back cutout, not the most bra friendly of uniform either. I think people just like to rag on top gun like wild fire, i mean we all know year after year they are going to push the boundaries, so why does everyone freak out year after year. Like you knew this was coming. Come on...
I also think that people are forgetting that most uniforms are made out of very tight flexible material, its not like they are wearing a loss fitting tshirt with no bra. I can see the problem with girls and large chests, but i want to say most programs run their uniform prototypes by the girls who are actually wearing them. I doubt any program design a uniform without saying a word to the team and force them to wear it.

I love the cheetah one except for the back coutout but the back is pretty too in a way. I havent put in my words in the bra fight about the angel uni because of me never been a cheerleader.

Wheres the uproar in the back cutout, not the most bra friendly of uniform either. I think people just like to rag on top gun like wild fire, i mean we all know year after year they are going to push the boundaries, so why does everyone freak out year after year. Like you knew this was coming. Come on...
I also think that people are forgetting that most uniforms are made out of very tight flexible material, its not like they are wearing a loss fitting tshirt with no bra. I can see the problem with girls and large chests, but i want to say most programs run their uniform prototypes by the girls who are actually wearing them. I doubt any program design a uniform without saying a word to the team and force them to wear it.
There's no uproar because we would literally be copy and pasting the same things we've already said. No matter what the material and what cup size you are, if you're not supported properly for the activity you're doing, you can damage your breast tissue. Might not realize it now but like what @cupieqt said, when they get older and have to tuck them in, they'll wish they wore a real bra when subjecting them to such strenuous activity and regret stretching all that elasticity out. People wouldn't go running without adaquet support, why do cheerleading without one? You can wear the low impact little strapy back bralettes for yoga but cheerleading is more active and needs more support. My program picked a uniform without showing us what we were getting. Twice. It happens.

Just wanted to pop in and say I'm still a card carrying member of the bra brigade. After being at Cheersport Nationals all weekend and spending a lot of time watching routines....I just can't with the Bouncing Bettie's. So many teams aren't wearing bras. I could practically hear the breast tissues ripping as girls bounded in tumbling or flounced across the stage.

It doesn't matter what size you are, it's not healthy, attractive or flattering. (And your 35/40/50 and 60 year old selves will thank you when you don't have to tuck your betties into your belt). Demand to be able to wear a sports bra.

I'm laughing and cringing. We need a skull emoji on here.

Here's the thing... If you can find a fully supportive sports bra that pretty much matches your skin tone, people in the audience and the judges won't be able to see it while you're performing. Wear the dang sports bra. If the gym is concerned about its brand and how the uniform looks when not on stage, then fine, mandate that the sports bra can only be worn in warm ups and on stage (not my preference, but also not my brand). Why must things be so complicated? I fully realize that some coaches sincerely hate this idea because they see all of the "flaws", so probably many athletes have been told that this is not an option. It should be, is my point.

This whole argument about being able to wear supportive undergarments vs ruining the look of the uniform is the most ridiculous thing ever. It reminds me of the parody Twitter account where men wonder how they can "have it all" and gives them stupid advice on how to manage feeling good and being attractive while also raising a family and juggling a career.

Girls, your health is not of any concern but if you look totally hot and can spin a double right off the floor then I guess you're useful. Throw in a fierce body rub while you're stunting and you might get to be center flyer too.

I saw a lot of this too. I saw some near wardrobe malfunctions as well. Bottom line for me is that health and safety trump fashion every time.

I really like these. Love the logo with the arrow. Where in Iowa will this gym be located? I'm from Iowa (although don't live there now) I love to cheer for Iowa teams[emoji4]

They just announced their location on facebook. I'm not familiar with Iowa, but their address says Windsor Heights. Their facebook keeps adding more information daily
Tribe Athletics

I don't think we have to say bras need to be racerback only. I have a number of lululemon sports bars with crazy back straps and openings that are supportive when I'm running and I'm a DD. The last few uniforms I've had input in designing we incorporated a sports bra into the design, so their practice bra was also part of the uniform. And this year there are some busty girls that I know appreciate the thought.

I think there is a happy medium between fashion and function and that some uniforms swing too far one way or the other. It couldn't hurt to have a few rules regulating uniforms. Even figure skating has rules about what you can and cannot do.

Back