All-Star New Uniforms 2016-2017 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Maybe they tried it with the male full tops and it looked bulky or didn't work. We don't know. I imagine it works better with half tops but I have no clue. If you watch their routine the motion meant to accompany the opening of the top is facing the ground, there really isn't anything risque about it in the routine. The offending tweets were taken down as well, so I don't see why we should bash the uniform makers or the coaches who approved of it.
finally a voice of reason!

I'm sorry, are people with <500 posts not allowed to have dissenting opinions? I wasn't saying it's against the rules, but rather that you literally don't know what they're thinking and it's unfair to classify their intentions as "absolutely" this or that.

Of course you are allowed to comment, it just made me chuckle that's all. Top Gun has always pushed the envelope when it comes to skills, choreography, and uniforms, and it's not something they have an issue with. For those of us that have been here for awhile, we KNOW their intent and know that this discussion on whether it is appropriate or not is what they WANT us to have.

Has anyone that has formed an opinion of the uniform and the function of it in fact seen the routine performed with the new uniform to see what the exact choreography around the uniform reveal is? I will be in the unpopular opinion here but bottom line is that Athletes practice in sports bras, compete often times in sports bras, and have uniforms that are pretty much nothing more than fancy long sleeved sports bras. There is way worse and way more provocative things in our sport to be worried about than the fact that TG made a uniform that allows two different looks in one and you don't like the way they get to look 2. Is the concept a bit out there and a bit much? Yeah somewhat. But I mean they're undoing velcro to reveal what your kid probably just saw them in an hour ago when they sat and watched them practice on the football field. There is also the possiblity that the uniform is meant to offer a Day 1 and Day 2 look without purchasing a second uniform. I just feel like theres a lot of jumping to conclusions here.

Has anyone that has formed an opinion of the uniform and the function of it in fact seen the routine performed with the new uniform to see what the exact choreography around the uniform reveal is? I will be in the unpopular opinion here but bottom line is that Athletes practice in sports bras, compete often times in sports bras, and have uniforms that are pretty much nothing more than fancy long sleeved sports bras. There is way worse and way more provocative things in our sport to be worried about than the fact that TG made a uniform that allows two different looks in one and you don't like the way they get to look 2. Is the concept a bit out there and a bit much? Yeah somewhat. But I mean they're undoing velcro to reveal what your kid probably just saw them in an hour ago when they sat and watched them practice on the football field. There is also the possiblity that the uniform is meant to offer a Day 1 and Day 2 look without purchasing a second uniform. I just feel like theres a lot of jumping to conclusions here.

These aren't the new uniforms but you can see the intended choreography and, since they were doing it with the old uniforms, I assume it will stay the same.

These aren't the new uniforms but you can see the intended choreography and, since they were doing it with the old uniforms, I assume it will stay the same.

Yeah if it is the part I think I am seeing, they are head and chest down to the floor. The choreography isn't even meant to highlight the opening of the top. Its dance dance dance...duck down and reveal new look of the top...dance dance dance

There is a section of the USASF safety rules that states all undergarments have to be covered during the performance. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.
I don't hold my breath for anyone to actually deduct for it, just because they SHOULD.

Right, but your example said ripping open a full top. If it was full top, does it rip open to show a sports bra underneath? If yes, then I'd say its worse because that CLEARLY looks like youre undressing on stage. If it did show a full top, then fine, I dont really have a problem.

You can ask as many "what if's" as you want but just because situation A is ok doesn't mean situation B is too. It's all about context.

Right, but your example said ripping open a full top. If it was full top, does it rip open to show a sports bra underneath? If yes, then I'd say its worse because that CLEARLY looks like youre undressing on stage. If it did show a full top, then fine, I dont really have a problem.

You can ask as many "what if's" as you want but just because situation A is ok doesn't mean situation B is too. It's all about context.

LOL!! Gotcha. I was meaning if it were a full top they were ripping open to reveal OO5 on another full top underneath. Would this even been a topic of debate?

Yeah if it is the part I think I am seeing, they are head and chest down to the floor. The choreography isn't even meant to highlight the opening of the top. Its dance dance dance...duck down and reveal new look of the top...dance dance dance

....since the only word I can understand around the time they bend over at 2:35 is "reveal".... "No", that doesn't make it any better about young girls ripping open clothing and hitting a middle split immediately following. Let me please remind you this is at the direction of an adult to a child.

Please judges, out of the respect of young girls, draw the line.

Back