All-Star New Uniforms Next Year?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have a wall with los of pictures, a shadow box with medals from the last 5 seasons (haven't added this years yet!), framed naionals jackets that i dont wear (only one is hung up at the moment), a frame patches and credentials and such, and my CCS patch with all of my gyms pins. I'm going hang up my old uniforms too. :)

my mother would seriously murder me if i jumped into a pool with my $325 uniform on.

i keep my uniforms in my closet hung up, my medals are just in a cubby, trophies on my shelf, no bow wall yet:(. nothing real special yet but planning to possibly do a shadow box &bow wall, so if anyone has pictures of their shadow boxes that'd be amazing!
It was the last year of the uniform, so we thought what the heck. Surprisingly the uniform made it through the pool and hot tub and is in perfect condition.

At the end of her cheer life, I'm making her a quilt. I've kept all her t-shirts, uniforms, patches, etc. I will tear it all up into little pieces anyway and applique her top in fun ways, so I figured what the heck. Makes a great story and will make a great quilt for years to come (no shadow boxes to figure out what to do with) :)

C:\Users\William and Melanie\shadowbox2

This is the shadowbox I did for my daughter. I should have used a grey background instead of the black so her black uni would show up better. The frame is from Hobby Lobby. They also did the mounting based on the layout I specified.

^^^^^ Fail!!! -I should have known not to try inserting a pic without one of my kids here to show me how:(. Will try again after school.

Since we're getting new uniforms next year, I'd love to trade it or something fun but since i'm a senior, im framing it with my last bow : (

It was the last year of the uniform, so we thought what the heck. Surprisingly the uniform made it through the pool and hot tub and is in perfect condition.

At the end of her cheer life, I'm making her a quilt. I've kept all her t-shirts, uniforms, patches, etc. I will tear it all up into little pieces anyway and applique her top in fun ways, so I figured what the heck. Makes a great story and will make a great quilt for years to come (no shadow boxes to figure out what to do with) :)

TSHIRTS QUILTS ! Love those. I dont have one, but i do have 5 gymnastics shirts left over from about 10 years ago !

I was telling mom's at my gym about this, as when girls are young they out grow pretty fast. They had never heard of this. Could deffinatly use the uniforms too !

Image70.jpg

This is my daughter's shadowbox. In hindsight, I wish I had changed the background matboard to a grey. Black uni on a black background was not really smart. Originally, I wanted to include the medals from competitions in there, but I couldn't make it look right - too busy, so I am shadowboxing those separately.

I wish I could afford to do shadowboxes... with the cost of uniforms, and two in cheer this year, it just isn't realistic. My elder cp was on a half-year allstar team this year, and I had to buy the uniform new. She is moving up to a regular year-round team this year, and those teams are getting new uniforms. My younger cp is going to do the half-year team this year, which is keeping the older style uniform, so her sister's will get passed to her. The 8 year old still wears a youth xs top and size a skirt, so i will just have it altered down to fit her sister since they don't come any smaller than that. It seemed kind of silly to buy another uniform of the exact same size for the younger cp just so I could make a shadowbox for the older one, all the while buying the older one the uniform for next year :( All of the shadowboxes I have ever seen are gorgeous though :)

I wish I could afford to do shadowboxes... with the cost of uniforms, and two in cheer this year, it just isn't realistic. My elder cp was on a half-year allstar team this year, and I had to buy the uniform new. She is moving up to a regular year-round team this year, and those teams are getting new uniforms. My younger cp is going to do the half-year team this year, which is keeping the older style uniform, so her sister's will get passed to her. The 8 year old still wears a youth xs top and size a skirt, so i will just have it altered down to fit her sister since they don't come any smaller than that. It seemed kind of silly to buy another uniform of the exact same size for the younger cp just so I could make a shadowbox for the older one, all the while buying the older one the uniform for next year :( All of the shadowboxes I have ever seen are gorgeous though :)

Check out Michael's when they have their sales or coupons for 40% off. You can get a shadowbox that's inexpensive and put it together yourself. You then have special memories for a lot cheaper!

Back