All-Star New Uni's Every 3 Years. Do You Need Them?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Our current and former gym did new unis every two years as well. Never thought anything of it. I don't think any of them would last longer than that...my cp is HARD on all her clothes. plus, well, I get bored easily, I like something new every couple of years.

my brandon uniform ive had for 4 years now, same one since we got them.
the final year, it just started ripping everywhere near the end of the season... the arms, the sides. (they even re ripped after getting it fixed). my friends uniform (the bottom), the whole side of the skirt ripped right before competition and we were lucky enough that she was able to just wear someone else's uniform bottom.

Depending on the uniform, I think 3 years is just about the shelf life of it. Like, mine right now is from three years ago when sequins were 'the next big thing', and now, three years later, a lot of the sequins have come off, leaving only a gross spot of yellow residue. It's not as much of a concern on the more basic ones, or the ones made of mystique, but I think it's something fun to look forward to, too!
reason why I'm super glad were getting the new ones this yr! So much easier to move in then the sparkely ones

I think it just depends, it's kinda like cheer shoes. Do you need a new pair of nfinity's every season? No. But you do it because they look cleaner. We've had ours since 05/06 and we're still gonna use them this next season then we're getting new ones for the 12/13 season. But there are some girls on my team who NEED a new uniform, I hate that there are like these 2 or 3 girls on my team this past season who couldn't button their skirt or zip their uniform top and they think it's okay. I just don't see how Top Gun seems to get like 2 a year, maybe it's cheaper because you don't have to pay for alot of fabric.

i feel after having the same uni for so long its a great change in pase to get a new one! the coolest part is that you get to see the other teams new unis every year, although it always makes me want different uni! over all I ABSOLUTELY LOVE getting new uniforms! well needed :)

I think it just depends, it's kinda like cheer shoes. Do you need a new pair of nfinity's every season? No.

depending on how often you tumble / wear them, you may need need nfinitys after 1-2 seasons. senior year i wore mine for tumbling practice and competitions only (which were only like 5 because the coaches kept cancelling), and wore some nice big holes in it by the end. they made it one more season only practicing once a week and competing a handful of times on an open team. but i definitely needed new ones for this past year.

depending on how often you tumble / wear them, you may need need nfinitys after 1-2 seasons. senior year i wore mine for tumbling practice and competitions only (which were only like 5 because the coaches kept cancelling), and wore some nice big holes in it by the end. they made it one more season only practicing once a week and competing a handful of times on an open team. but i definitely needed new ones for this past year.

Yeah, I'm using the ones from this past season because they look just fine but they'll probably be destroyed by the end of this season. My mom used to make me get new shoes every year and for my first 3 years of allstar cheer, I had practice shoes, then competition shoes, which were the same kind. I was looking in my closet a while ago and I have 5 pairs of nfinity evolutions, 4 pairs of these power shoes w/ the blue spots on the bottom, 2 other power shoes, middle school cheer shoes, and a pair of nfinity pheonix. I don't even know why I still have all of them.

Some uniforms, such as Rays, WCSS 07-10, and CEA, I feel will never go out of style. They could wear those uniforms 10 years from now and they'll still be relevant.

Some uniforms, such as Rays, WCSS 07-10, and CEA, I feel will never go out of style. They could wear those uniforms 10 years from now and they'll still be relevant.
I wouldn't be so sure. We've seen cheer uniforms evolve so much so quickly. Who knows what uniforms will look like in 10 years?
(I'm kinda scared to find out)

I just don't see how Top Gun seems to get like 2 a year, maybe it's cheaper because you don't have to pay for alot of fabric.

Interesting but not accurate, I designed our current Gold star program uniform five years ago and for two years they were manufactured by a local Miami company. We then switched over to Varsity for three more years with the same design, Varsity just had a better quality version of it. Along the way there were a few special uniforms made by the local manufacturer for Large Coed or Open but the majority of the program has been in Gold.

For the past two season's we have been working with GK on a trial basis with our level 5 and 6 World's teams to see if their product is something that we could eventually use for our entire program. This venture spawned 4 of the most talked about uniforms over the past two years...some good...some not so good, lol.

Five years later all Miami Senior and under teams and all Naples level 4 and 5 teams will be sporting our new GK program uniforms. Prototypes actually come in this week.

On a side note...when I joined Top Gun (01-02 season) every team in the gym had their own prelims and finals uniform that was designed at the coaches discretion, lol...that got messy!

02-03 The first program uniform was introduced but each team still had their own finals uniform.

06-07 The gold stars were debuted and were TG's first uniform used for both prelims and finals.

11-12 Hehehehehe ;-)

Interesting but not accurate, I designed our current Gold star program uniform five years ago and for two years they were manufactured by a local Miami company. We then switched over to Varsity for three more years with the same design, Varsity just had a better quality version of it. Along the way there were a few special uniforms made by the local manufacturer for Large Coed or Open but the majority of the program has been in Gold.

For the past two season's we have been working with GK on a trial basis with our level 5 and 6 World's teams to see if their product is something that we could eventually use for our entire program. This venture spawned 4 of the most talked about uniforms over the past two years...some good...some not so good, lol.

Five years later all Miami Senior and under teams and all Naples level 4 and 5 teams will be sporting our new GK program uniforms. Prototypes actually come in this week.

On a side note...when I joined Top Gun (01-02 season) every team in the gym had their own prelims and finals uniform that was designed at the coaches discretion, lol...that got messy!

02-03 The first program uniform was introduced but each team still had their own finals uniform.

06-07 The gold stars were debuted and were TG's first uniform used for both prelims and finals.

11-12 Hehehehehe ;-)

:enjoyshow:

Back