All-Star New Usasf Warmup Room Requirements

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Depends on if they were ever charged, I think.

Well convicted probably. If you're a registered sex offender and it shows up on the background check and you're not cleared, then you won't be allowed in.

Well convicted probably. If you're a registered sex offender and it shows up on the background check and you're not cleared, then you won't be allowed in.

More show up on a background check than sexually related convictions... DWI convictions for one...

More show up on a background check than sexually related convictions... DWI convictions for one...

I know? I just meant that just being charged with it doesn't mean it will show up on your background check, you have to actually be convicted.

Good step in the right direction.

I would like to see this expanded though to include athletes who are over 18+. if a background check can be run on you legally; minors clearly would be excluded, regardless if you're a coach or an athlete, I think it should be.

I'm curious as to what qualifies as passing a background check and what doesn't.

ETA - If it is all offenses, just sexual ones, etc. It will be interesting but I think it is a great idea!

Oops. That's what I meant.
I wonder how they're going to handle the international teams, since it looks like one needs a social security number to get a background check done by NCSI.

We do have background checks here in germany too, my club for example requires one from all the coaches and staff members of the department ( Our sports are mostly organized in clubs , means our club is not only a cheer gym but soccer, handball, gymnastics, tennis,swimming etc etc )
You have to go get a certificate by the police that states that you are free from suspicion/have never comitted a crime

The question is just , would the usasf accept sth like that

We do have background checks here in germany too, my club for example requires one from all the coaches and staff members of the department ( Our sports are mostly organized in clubs , means our club is not only a cheer gym but soccer, handball, gymnastics, tennis,swimming etc etc )
You have to go get a certificate by the police that states that you are free from suspicion/have never comitted a crime

The question is just , would the usasf accept sth like that

That's what I was thinking too, we also have checks from the police. But you basically just get a letter home and you have to send it in/give it to anyone who requested it unopened. But it's all in Swedish so bringing a letter like that to worlds wouldn't really make a difference..

That's what I was thinking too, we also have checks from the police. But you basically just get a letter home and you have to send it in/give it to anyone who requested it unopened. But it's all in Swedish so bringing a letter like that to worlds wouldn't really make a difference..

True i haven't even thought about the fact that it's in german haha.
But i'm pretty sure you could possibly get an attested translated copy from a notary or lawyer

In the UK Poilce checks are quite regular and you have a certificate I like to think most coaches have them so they might need to make a rule stating that all coaches must have a background check from their national authority.

Oops. That's what I meant.
I wonder how they're going to handle the international teams, since it looks like one needs a social security number to get a background check done by NCSI.

Im not sure what the process of becoming an accredited cheer coach here is like but most coaches have to have a "Blue Card" which is a working with children thing and involves a background check so I assume that as long as coaches are accredited in their country they'll all have similar checks?

I want it to work. I really do. But 99.9% of the warmups I've been in, are run by college cheerleaders who are working the comp. Who are they keeping out of warmup? Now, the coaches room/registration is always run by competition officials. They are who we give our rosters to, they give us our credentials etc. The only possibly thing I can think of is a coach that doesn't have a green light on the roster doesn't get a credential.

I want it to work. I really do. But 99.9% of the warmups I've been in, are run by college cheerleaders who are working the comp. Who are they keeping out of warmup? Now, the coaches room/registration is always run by competition officials. They are who we give our rosters to, they give us our credentials etc. The only possibly thing I can think of is a coach that doesn't have a green light on the roster doesn't get a credential.

I was wondering about this too. Hopefully they really do enforce it, but I'm not sure how they're going to go about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess this is how I was assuming it would work. Coaches check in and must get some sort of pass, much like what the Worlds athletes and staff get. College kid running the warm up room entrance won't let anyone in if they don't have a pass.
This pass should have a photo id associated with it so that Credentialed Coach A doesn't give Sex Offender Coach B his/her pass to get into warm ups.

I guess this is how I was assuming it would work. Coaches check in and must get some sort of pass, much like what the Worlds athletes and staff get. College kid running the warm up room entrance won't let anyone in if they don't have a pass.
This pass should have a photo id associated with it so that Credentialed Coach A doesn't give Sex Offender Coach B his/her pass to get into warm ups.

Just the fact that this is even an option makes my skin crawl. Like legit, I realize there are lot of dumb criminal moves that people can overlook (the DUI thread, for example, comes to mind), but a sex offender? If you have a sex offender working at your gym and you KNOW that person is a sex offender, then you shouldn't even own the gym. Hell, you shouldn't even be around children because clearly your judgment is gone. I tend not to judge those dumbbooty 18/19 that hook up with the underage 16/17 boy/girl; but outside of that very small circumstance that tends to be about spiteful parents, you have no business being at the gym let alone working at the gym.

Back