All-Star New Usasf Warmup Room Requirements

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just the fact that this is even an option makes my skin crawl. Like legit, I realize there are lot of dumb criminal moves that people can overlook (the DUI thread, for example, comes to mind), but a sex offender? If you have a sex offender working at your gym and you KNOW that person is a sex offender, then you shouldn't even own the gym. Hell, you shouldn't even be around children because clearly your judgment is gone. I tend not to judge those dumbbooty 18/19 that hook up with the underage 16/17 boy/girl; but outside of that very small circumstance that tends to be about spiteful parents, you have no business being at the gym let alone working at the gym.
There is at least one gym owner who is a convicted sex offender... :confused::eek::mad:

There is at least one gym owner who is a convicted sex offender... :confused::eek::mad:

You don't have to answer here; but what type of offense? Feel free to PM me.

Like I said, a statutory rape charge when the guy is 18 and the girl is 16, I can overlook that as being a dippoop teenager. Beyond that, I can't imagine another offense I could even almost overlook.

I am curious. I know of a team in the state of GA with a coach who has a couple of convictions for DUI. Will that clear the background check?

I am curious. I know of a team in the state of GA with a coach who has a couple of convictions for DUI. Will that clear the background check?

From what I was reading last night; I got super curious, it doesn't appear so. Apparently there are alternate colors you can get; green light, yellow light, or red light. DUIs would fall into yellow territory from everything I saw.

From what I was reading last night; I got super curious, it doesn't appear so. Apparently there are alternate colors you can get; green light, yellow light, or red light. DUIs would fall into yellow territory from everything I saw.

Hmmm. This will be very interesting............

Public urination can get a person on the sex offender registry.

Only when we stop stopping our lives can we begin to start starting them.
I know florida has that law to when it comes to public urination. Personally I think its pushing it a little to far with that one, but that's just my opinion.

so that Credentialed Coach A doesn't give Sex Offender Coach B his/her pass to get into warm ups.

Dear Credentialed Coach A,

Please, for the love of God, do NOT be this much of a db.

Sincerely,
Normal people everywhere

Well this will certainly make it difficult. I think there are probably a LOT more people with DUIs than most people think. Interesting...

I want it to work. I really do. But 99.9% of the warmups I've been in, are run by college cheerleaders who are working the comp. Who are they keeping out of warmup? Now, the coaches room/registration is always run by competition officials. They are who we give our rosters to, they give us our credentials etc. The only possibly thing I can think of is a coach that doesn't have a green light on the roster doesn't get a credential.

This is a very good first step and one that definitely protects the child and the EP (liability) from a sexual assault occurring while at a competition...BUT...the reality is that a sexual predator will groom and assault a victim by building trust with their coaching position. The majority of sexual assaults in youth sports (at least those reported) that forced governing bodies to restructure their policies were not single attacks in high profile places but ongoing assaults. If a predator fails the background check to get in a warm up room than why would they get hired where time spent with kids at practice is exponentially greater? And if you think about it, it is a very wise move from USASF. Doesn't is basically say, We aren't letting them in the warm up room as a layer of protection...so why have you HIRED them?

Back