All-Star New Venue For Worlds 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The USASF has a contract with Disney until 2014..so we will have to wait like 3 more years :/

I hope they change venues! Just from the pics I saw on Facebook seating was horrible! People on twitter were saying that there weren't enough seats for the tickets sold....really? I still think they should move it to Cowboys Stadium...plenty of seats...huge jumbotron...and a large convention center within walking distance for the dance program. Not to mention Six Flags being open, so you get your park fix without paying the overpriced mouse.
Or Anaheim Convention Center? Plenty of hotels, Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm.....

Anaheim would be perfect. That arena is huge and it's Disneyland. Anything other than the wide world of sports. Or they need to make the competition 4 days if they want to keep it there

I am so so so happy someone brought this up. I was so mad every time someone would get on the mic in BOTH the Jostens and Milkhouse and say "there is a live feed being played in the baseball field". Really!? You mean to tell me that family's spent THOUSANDS of DOLLARS to travel to Florida to watch Worlds on a TV!? ( I only had to drive an hr, but I'm ranting on behalf of lets say Team Australia) Um, NO. USASF Shame on you, you need to step up and limit the number of bids, it was REDIC. I want to also give mad props to all the Cheer Fans in BOTH venues. It was ELECTRIC, just looking around seeing the support for EVERY team out there was amazing. I truly want to thank you. There is a 0% chance that I would have left either venue to watch a TV at a baseball field. Next year will be bigger, mark my word and if USASF doesn't step up and do something about it the problem is just going to get worse. Again, the blame is STRICTLY on USASF and they are the only ones that can do something about it and it NEEDS to be done.

The place was completely packed during large senior, and security was freaking out because everyone was standing in the stairwells and on the green. They definitely need to find somewhere with more seating. I was in my seat since 630 am and didn't think of leaving once in fear of losing it.

Well then they need to limit the amount of bids they give out or the event will start to die by 2014....
If you are causing a fire hazard then you shouldn't hold an event there. There has to be some clause in their contract that allows them to move if the venue is unfit for the event.

Yes but for the next 2 years they can change how it works. Either having it be 4 days are have it over 2 weekends

First Weekend :

International Divisions
Small Senior Limited Coed
Large Senior

Second Weekend :

Small Senior
Large Limited Coed
Large Semi Limited Coed

Something like that... Divisions can be moved around but you know what I mean.

Yes but for the next 2 years they can change how it works. Either having it be 4 days are have it over 2 weekends

First Weekend :

International Divisions
Small Senior Limited Coed
Large Senior

Second Weekend :

Small Senior
Large Limited Coed
Large Semi Limited Coed

Something like that... Divisions can be moved around but you know what I mean.
No one is going to be able to go to orlando for two weekends in a row

Only the coaches will have to go... The athletes only go 1 weekend. Idk it was just an idea
I meant spectator wise. I would say at least 70% of the people at worlds are spectators, and are the big reasons the USASF make so much money. Spectators aren't going to be able to go both weekends, so there goes a LOT of money

This might be a dumb question, but I've only been to Disney World once, so forgive me if this sounds stupid. LOL But is there a different arena or venue in Disney World they could have it at or at least put some of the divisions at? Since the contract isn't up til 2014 were not going to see a change of location until then, simple as that. But maybe they could have another site on Disney to offset some of the crowd. I get why they do it at Disney World: the park, pretty fair location for a lot of the teams to travel to, lots of touristy things to do when not at the competition, tons of hotels, the weather, etc. Just wish Disney had a bigger venue.

Back