All-Star New Venue For Worlds 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have read through this entire thread and there are some extremely valid points indicated here. To anyone who can ACTUALLY do something about the issues PLEASE LISTEN! These people are indeed the consumer, and they are not happy with their purchase. Now because Worlds isnt leaving Disney for a few more years, here seem to be the valid points that should perhaps be taken into consideration to make the CONSUMER happier.
1. Limit the amount of bids. Clearly it waters down the skill level and frankly is not what worlds is really about. World should be the BEST of the BEST. There are simply too many teams.
2. Change the seating. The Judges area is clearly taking up too much space. You can add in a few hundred seats! Simple fix!
3. Consider NOT agreeing to long term contracts in the future. The US is a big country. There are PLENTY of amazing places that International Teams would love to see BESIDES Disney.
The bottom line is that it is unsafe. Period. Dangerous. How could you honestly ignore that year after year? Wait until something tragic happens until you ACTUALLY do something about it?
I get that this is about money, but I suppose I have a problem with it when Money is CLEARLY over riding safety.

I liked the idea of regional or state competitions to qualify, like high school. Thats how gymnastics and figure skating go. You go to a local comp, and top teams qualify for the next state competition or something like that, then the top teams qualify and they break it up into sections of the country that compete, then the top 3 go to worlds, or something like that. I know that means some good teams may not make it if they have a bad day, but isnt that what happens to other sports too? In football if a team has a bad day and looses a playoff game, they gotta wait till the next year to try again. Maybe they could make it that the teams that placed top 3 or 5 at worlds get a bid the next year regardless, and everyone else has to qualify. I'm sure its not a perfect solution, but maybe a starting point?

I liked the idea of regional or state competitions to qualify, like high school. Thats how gymnastics and figure skating go. You go to a local comp, and top teams qualify for the next state competition or something like that, then the top teams qualify and they break it up into sections of the country that compete, then the top 3 go to worlds, or something like that. I know that means some good teams may not make it if they have a bad day, but isnt that what happens to other sports too? In football if a team has a bad day and looses a playoff game, they gotta wait till the next year to try again. Maybe they could make it that the teams that placed top 3 or 5 at worlds get a bid the next year regardless, and everyone else has to qualify. I'm sure its not a perfect solution, but maybe a starting point?
It's more ideal, yes. But you will get the problem of a 'board/fan favorite' not hitting well and not being able to go...people would get up in arms.

Just-a-Mom said:
I am coming! Planning the trip already. @Mamarazzi claims she is coming also...we can not wait. Guess we'll be there at 4 AM for seats! But I'm so excited - biggest competition I've been to before this is US Finals.

It's so much fun! You're going to love it!

I am coming! Planning the trip already. @Mamarazzi claims she is coming also...we can not wait. Guess we'll be there at 4 AM for seats! But I'm so excited - biggest competition I've been to before this is US Finals.

Do I detect doubt in your italics? My paycheck is already being partially diverted into the Worlds Account, boo boo. How bout you?? :p

Cheersport Nationals 2010...crowds during the large senior and unlimited coed divisions are insane. People packing every possible seat, standing areas packed, people even hanging from the judges' stand. The management of Cheersport obviously saw this as unacceptable to their consumers, and ultimately unsafe, so they made changes. Resulted in the re-designed arena spaces we saw at Cheersport Nationals this year.

I think the people running Worlds could learn a lot from Cheersport. As an event producer, you have a responsibility to provide a safe environment to the people paying their hard-earned $ to attend your event -- one where they can actually SEE the event live, not on jumbotrons in an adjacent facility.

When the lights started going out during Tsunamis performance, I had slight moment of panic, thinking there was going to be a true emergency and we were all going to have to evacuate. I envisioned people getting trampled in the dark, parents attempting to keep track of kids, widespread panic. No one paying $50 for a weekend of cheer should have that feeling.

Back