All-Star New Worlds Venue Ideas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i think they just need to move the event. atlanta has some pretty large arenas to hold this kind of event in, texas would be a nice middle for all teams as well. or just move it to the amway arena where the orlando magic play. the thing could hold everyone and their mother........ i think people or the event organizers are stuck with liking disney because of the fact that the hotels for the athletes are so damn close to where they are competing. there are plenty of cheaper alternatives in orlando then just disney... but then again they are in a contract so we will just have to wait and see what happens when that ends.

From an international team perspective NY would be idea, as it's where we can get the cheapest flights to (well, in the UK and Ireland anyway if you do it right you can get return flights for €350) whereas it costs me €899 return to fly home to Cali once or twice a year, Florida costs about €500-700 return depending on how good you are at playing travel agent!

So really I'd just like to see it somewhere that takes the price for international teams down..It costs a metric crap tonne as it stands.

Why not consider one of the enclosed football stadiums like in Atlanta, Indianapolis, or New Orleans. You could use one of the long sides and I bet you could fit 15-20k easily.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

From an international team perspective NY would be idea, as it's where we can get the cheapest flights to (well, in the UK and Ireland anyway if you do it right you can get return flights for €350) whereas it costs me €899 return to fly home to Cali once or twice a year, Florida costs about €500-700 return depending on how good you are at playing travel agent!

So really I'd just like to see it somewhere that takes the price for international teams down..It costs a metric crap tonne as it stands.
The problem with NY (and I live here so believe me, I would be thrilled) is the hotel situation. There is no where that could truly accomodate so many athletes and their families on such a large scale; everyone would have to find their own rooms and hotels in Manhattan are very expensive. There are also not as many of the cheaper chain hotels to be found on the outskirts of the city as there are in many other towns except by the airports, and that would make for a difficult commute to the venue.

Why not consider one of the enclosed football stadiums like in Atlanta, Indianapolis, or New Orleans. You could use one of the long sides and I bet you could fit 15-20k easily.

Having 1 floor would be tough at best. If you have a team go every 3:20, which is about the pace used in the Arena at NCA and faster than giving teams :30 to get on the floor and :30 to get off the floor teams were upset with at Worlds, you can run 18 teams an hour. You'd need to be able to keep that pace for about 15 hours without interruption to match the number of cheer teams that need to perform in 1 day. It wouldn't be much of a problem with 2 floors and I'd set those floors up in the end zones and use the middle for warmups because I've been told that has worked for Spirit Celebration at the Cowboy's stadium.

What is the plan for dance?

Now that I've been to the Summit (I know, it's not Worlds), I definitely think Worlds is something that could be handled in a different venue with a comparable experience. The bus system in Orlando is great, but in Anaheim, the busses wouldn't really be needed. There are many hotels within easy walking distance of the Anaheim Convention Center, and the Disney parks are within walking distance.

I like the idea of rotating locations (e.g. alternating Orlando / Anaheim or others?) It would definitely help out some of the international teams (West Coast for Asia & Australia, East Coast for Europe).

I would cry if Worlds was in Indy omgomgomgomg :cloud9:

From an international view, I would love it to be in a different place each year. I understand the complications in organising that but 2014 will be my 5th worlds and my 9th time visiting Orlando. I think using different cities in the US would give lots of people the opportunity to visit places they wouldn't otherwise and keep the competition fresh. Especially when your paying £1000+ each time!

Gwcc in Atlanta is not what I would call fantastic or easy to navigate for smaller competitions let alone Cheersport. While overall cheersport is a fun experience, I cringe each time I see Gwcc on competition schedules.

Having 1 floor would be tough at best. If you have a team go every 3:20, which is about the pace used in the Arena at NCA and faster than giving teams :30 to get on the floor and :30 to get off the floor teams were upset with at Worlds, you can run 18 teams an hour. You'd need to be able to keep that pace for about 15 hours without interruption to match the number of cheer teams that need to perform in 1 day. It wouldn't be much of a problem with 2 floors and I'd set those floors up in the end zones and use the middle for warmups because I've been told that has worked for Spirit Celebration at the Cowboy's stadium.

What is the plan for dance?

What about both floors in the middle, with each one facing the opposite direction (back to back) Spirit Sports does that in Palm Springs and it works. This could work in pretty much any venue bigger than aWWOS

I still vote for the MGM Grand arena in Vegas. :). That place is huge

What about both floors in the middle, with each one facing the opposite direction (back to back) Spirit Sports does that in Palm Springs and it works. This could work in pretty much any venue bigger than aWWOS

I still vote for the MGM Grand arena in Vegas. :). That place is huge

as cool as vegas would be, i cant imagine them ever doing that for worlds. vegas is more of an adult playground, i cant see too many teams/parents being happy about having to drag a bunch of underaged kids to a competition there (even though teams have competed in vegas) you have to think about the fact that some kids stay longer then 2 or 3 days, plus if that family decides to bring younger siblings, etc, etc.

I'm curious about the extent at which USASF/whoever else involved have actually discussed this, and what has come of it. I'm sure not everything can be shared, but I'm guessing someone here could allow some insight?

as cool as vegas would be, i cant imagine them ever doing that for worlds. vegas is more of an adult playground, i cant see too many teams/parents being happy about having to drag a bunch of underaged kids to a competition there (even though teams have competed in vegas) you have to think about the fact that some kids stay longer then 2 or 3 days, plus if that family decides to bring younger siblings, etc, etc.

That's not true, we've taken our kids ther on vacation since they were very young and its always been a great family trip. During comp season there are several comps a month that are in Vegas. Ive never felt dragged to compete there. I cant imagine a cheer season not going to Vegas. There's tons of things to do if you stay some extra days. I actually feel safer there than I did in Kissammee (wher I stayed a few times for Worlds) and there is no match for the security. I still think it would be perfect. There might be other reasons to not have it there, but not family friendly isnt one of them.

Back