All-Star New Worlds Venue Ideas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think each athlete competing in finals should get 2 passes to make sure someone in there family gets a seat to watch there division. I know of athletes whose family memebers didn't even get to watch them when there division was on the floor because so many other divisions are there watching. If it says at Disney they need to come up with a better solution for seating They make enough money, build something BIGGER!!!

I think each athlete competing in finals should get 2 passes to make sure someone in there family gets a seat to watch there division. I know of athletes whose family memebers didn't even get to watch them when there division was on the floor because so many other divisions are there watching. If it says at Disney they need to come up with a better solution for seating They make enough money, build something BIGGER!!!

this is something i have never understood.. i attended pop warner.... yes pop warner nationals in the milkhouse back in like the early 2000's. the only new addition to that place since i competed there, is jostens (do not quote me on that though, i could be wrong) i cant understand with all the money they have brought in from worlds, etc. why they havent expanded it, or built a freakin new bigger one.

this is something i have never understood.. i attended pop warner.... yes pop warner nationals in the milkhouse back in like the early 2000's. the only new addition to that place since i competed there, is jostens (do not quote me on that though, i could be wrong) i cant understand with all the money they have brought in from worlds, etc. why they havent expanded it, or built a freakin new bigger one.

I'm curious if there'd actually be a demand for a larger venue there for anything other than Worlds.

Most sporting events use a venue that is designed for their sport. Not a hall in Disney.

But is it realistic in this sport to build a venue on Disney specifically for the few competitions that happen there every year? I'm not quite sure of the money these kinds of things take, but it's probably more than a lot of companies are willing to spend.

But is it realistic in this sport to build a venue on Disney specifically for the few competitions that happen there every year? I'm not quite sure of the money these kinds of things take, but it's probably more than a lot of companies are willing to spend.
That was less of a 'Disney should build a venue' and more of a 'Worlds needs to happen in a venue that's already created for high-volume sporting events' lol.

Out of curiosity, what would people think of somewhere like Niagara Falls (either Canadian or American side, though Canadian is much nicer)? I don't mean specifically Niagara Falls but a touristy kind of place like that. The amount of hotels is ridiculous, I'm sure there's some sort of venue in tourist-heavy places that can hold what is needed?

Out of curiosity, what would people think of somewhere like Niagara Falls (either Canadian or American side, though Canadian is much nicer)? I don't mean specifically Niagara Falls but a touristy kind of place like that. The amount of hotels is ridiculous, I'm sure there's some sort of venue in tourist-heavy places that can hold what is needed?
The big argument is that despite the availability of hotels, it's the coordination of Disney (if you stay in the parks, there's a shuttle. Not sure if there are shuttle from other places to Disney, as I haven't been since 4th grade). Places like NYC don't have the same level of pre-arranged traffic flow that Disney has. At least for a good chunk of competitors.

Which, to me, is complete bull-honky considering less and less people seem to be staying on-resort anyway due to cost. If you weren't going to be staying on-site anyway, coordinating rides from a different location is no different than renting a bus in NYC. Or in another city, for that matter.

I say leave it in Florida, it's usually nice and warm! Unfortunately you wont at that in NYC or Canada as wonderful as that would be. Look at Worlds and the Summit, teams all over the outside fields practicing (praying it doesn't rain) and having photo ops... Visits with Mickey. It just doesn't get any better. And I agree with Kristen, the mass amount of people must be accommodated by hotels and transportation without shutting the city down. Disney is it's own little enclosed world.

The big argument is that despite the availability of hotels, it's the coordination of Disney (if you stay in the parks, there's a shuttle. Not sure if there are shuttle from other places to Disney, as I haven't been since 4th grade). Places like NYC don't have the same level of pre-arranged traffic flow that Disney has. At least for a good chunk of competitors.

Which, to me, is complete bull-honky considering less and less people seem to be staying on-resort anyway due to cost. If you weren't going to be staying on-site anyway, coordinating rides from a different location is no different than renting a bus in NYC. Or in another city, for that matter.

For the Summit last year, most of our teams stayed off property, so the buses didn't really matter.

Just for a counter argument (and I say this not knowing if the Anaheim Convention Center could realistically hold Worlds) but in Anaheim, there are MANY hotels within walking distance of the convention center. CA is no where near as spread out as Florida, meaning you don't NEED busses to get from place to place. Convention center, Disney Parks, Downtown Disney, and the Garden Walk are all within walking distance of one another if needed (Ok, so it is a far walk from the Garden Walk to the farthest Disney hotel, but point is you could do it if needed.) The one thing Anaheim doesn't have is the outdoor practice areas, but I'm sure that could be addressed with indoor convention space.

Bottom line, there are probably several other viable options logistically for Worlds. Florida isn't the ONLY place, and I'm not convinced it is the best place either.

Though my knowledge of places it could be held are kinda minimal, I'd say aside from the venue, there's nothing about Worlds being held where it is that makes me think it should be moved. I'd say if there were somewhere else that could offer the same experience (personally my favourite part of Worlds was staying on Disney) for athletes when they're not in competition I'd say go for it, but I don't know if that's an option.

I say leave it in Florida, it's usually nice and warm! Unfortunately you wont at that in NYC or Canada as wonderful as that would be. Look at Worlds and the Summit, teams all over the outside fields practicing (praying it doesn't rain) and having photo ops... Visits with Mickey. It just doesn't get any better. And I agree with Kristen, the mass amount of people must be accommodated by hotels and transportation without shutting the city down. Disney is it's own little enclosed world.
In terms of safety, that is the LAST reason we should keep it at Disney. Sure, it's nice for fans/spectators, but in terms of safety it's a NIGHTMARE. I'm honestly surprised nobody has been seriously injured yet..

I don't want them to move it..what about the excitement of going to Disney..half the excitement of going to worlds or the summit is because they get to go to Disney!! You can't take that away from them!

When in doubt..shimmy it out

Back