OT New Year's Resolutions 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I'm not one for "resolutions" per se, but I guess here are my goals:

1. Imma steal the flossing one, that's a good one. I'll tack on "brush my hair with an actual comb and not my fingers" everyday here, too.
2. Find a quick workout/stretching regimen for when I get out of/get into bed and do it everyday.
3. Finish redoing my online portfolio before the summer.
4. Get a part time job to help pay down my student loans faster. (I'd reallyyyyyy like to have atleast half of it paid off at the end of 2016.)
5. Learn to grill.
6. Create an actual workout plan and stick to it.
7. See another Broadway show.
8. Be more proactive about keeping my apartment clean.
9. Listen to/read 25 books.
10. Figure out what I want to do about/how I'm going to afford grad school :help:.

Hmmmm.... These sound really ambitious now that I'm reading them all.
So you want to brush your hair with a comb? Do you you comb your hair with a brush?

1. Pass my first year of university with a high enough percentage so I can accept my offer at the university I am hoping to transfer to for my second year.

2. Exercise more - we have a gym on campus and get free membership yet I still only went about three times in my first semester!

3. Take more photos - this is on my list of resolutions every year and I still haven't done it!

4. Step out of my comfort zone and take as many opportunities as I am given rather than make excuses.

5. Get back on to my previous cheer team - I quit in early 2013 even though I still had 1 and a half seasons before I moved for uni as I just wasn't enjoying it anymore. A year later I began to miss it but it was too late. Now, if I transfer universities I'll be moving back home which means I'll be able to cheer with my old program again! :)

I'm starting Weight Watchers online in January with my mom. She's done it several times and I've observed. I know how it works and gone to some meetings with her, but anyone who's tried it have any tips?

- Try not to live by the motto Cs= Degrees!
- Not to end up in a padded room at the end of the first semester
- Find a friend in the area my school is located to lend me a space on their carpet for clinicals so I don't have to pay for a hotel. LOL

Can we check in on these? How's everyone doing? I'm three weeks in to Weight Watchers as of today and down about five/six pounds!

That's awesome! My roomie is doing weight watchers too. It seems to be helpful. How do you know how many points are in the food? And how do you know how many points you get? I've been curious about it.

My resolutions
No smoking- no bueno. I tried to quit and quit on quitting.
Run a half marathon- Yep. I had a 12 mile training run that was no problem.
Regarding classes- They start this week. I'm definitely not excited.

That's awesome! My roomie is doing weight watchers too. It seems to be helpful. How do you know how many points are in the food? And how do you know how many points you get? I've been curious about it.

My resolutions
No smoking- no bueno. I tried to quit and quit on quitting.
Run a half marathon- Yep. I had a 12 mile training run that was no problem.
Regarding classes- They start this week. I'm definitely not excited.
My roommate is doing it with me as well, which is incredibly helpful. If I saw her eating junk food I would want to eat junk food too. This way we can share food, recipes and snack ideas while keeping each other accountable.

When you begin you enter your start weight and goal weight, as well as how active you are during the day/how often you exercise. You get a point total and a weekly point total. (The weeklies are for when you go over your daily allowance, they reset each week.) I wanted to lose about 30 pounds, I get 30 points per day and started with 42 weeklies. My roommate wanted to lose a little more so she started with 30 points and about 32 weeklies. You pick a day each week to weigh in. I think your weekly points adjust every so often as you lose, because now I'm down to about 35 weeklies.

My fitpoints goal (for activity) is 12 weekly, but I need to up that. I synced the Weight Watchers App to my fitbit, so it counts my daily steps and I manually enter my workouts. I worked out three times last week and took an average amount of steps (never hit my goal of 8k once) and still ended up with about 40 fitpoints.

Food point values are all super easy to find on the app. You can manually search the name, enter your portion size and track it right there. There's even a bar code scanner for grocery store trips. Most big chain restaurants are logged in there as well. I've learned it's more of a lifestyle change instead of a diet per se. It's all about portion control and you don't actually have to deprive yourself of anything, you just have to balance it out later.

Back