OT New Year's Resolutions 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I thought I didn't have New Year Resolutions (and I don't)....but I do have some spoken and unspoken lifestyle changes

1. My motto is #takenoSh-t2016. Meaning I literally don't take crap from anyone this year. It's working out really well. On Friday McAlister's Deli forgot to put chicken in my pasta. Old Erin would have let it go. 2016 Erin called the restaurant and asked for the 70 cents difference in price to be added to her food. Long story short they had to reimburse my whole order. Old Erin would have declined. New Erin was like "you, damn right".

2. My second new motto for 2016 is "Closed Mouths Don't Get Fed". Meaning If I want something I asked for it. The most they can say is no. So far I've gotten a selfie with Lauryn Hill and moved into VIP at a NYE Concert after texting the Mayor. Yesterday I asked my moms friend for her play off tickets for the Carolina Panthers on Sunday. Did she say yes? No. Is she considering it? Yes.

3. I've gained 10 lbs (which is good)....and other people have been dragging me to fitness classes. Working out and losing weight isn't a goal of mine....but being more social is. It just so happens I've had to socialize at the gym

So. My 2016 is going well

1. Clean out emails.
Done. Trying to keep up with it though.
2. New physical activity.
I've run twice a week since New Years Day, so there's that I guess.
4. Go to comp. Probably not going to happen, as I missed the New Orleans one for a mandatory sorority thing and Cheersport falls exactly at the wrong time for me where school is concerned now. I'm not giving up though.
3. (Yeah I did these backwards.) get better at time management. I've actually made huge strides towards this one. I'm adulting so well lately. I do chores way more regularly, I cook 1-2 nights a week (and not just pizza rolls, I'm getting way creative; Ya girl made a cake from scratch the other night), I'm actively using my planner more. Oh, and I floss daily now. I've also started reading what I can of chapters before class and it's helping a lot. Today, for the first time this quarter, I wasn't lost in chemistry.
My only problem with this whole adult thing is that it doesn't end. You can't just do it for a little while, feel accomplished, then quit. And I'm having to come to terms with that, lol.
ETA I forgot about my coffee one! I haven't bought coffee creamer since before Christmas and I've quit bothering to put sugar in it as well.

Last edited:
I feel like my life has been so hectic that I completely forgot about my resolutions! Check in time...

1. Do something creative everyday. CHECK! I've been doing this!
2. Spend less time on my phone / be more present (already started working on this!) CHECK! but mostly because I have no space on my phone, therefore no apps. Reading fierceboard college nationals updates during dinner the other night was an exception.
3. Drink less soda CHECK! Not all the time, but this weekend was a big success with lots of water!
4. De-clutter / organize my car, closet, and junk room. FAIL. This one is going to have to wait until comp season is over. There just isn't time!!
5. Make my bed everyday. Or at least every few! FAIL. Big fail.

1. Clean out emails.
Done. Trying to keep up with it though.
2. New physical activity.
I've run twice a week since New Years Day, so there's that I guess.
4. Go to comp. Probably not going to happen, as I missed the New Orleans one for a mandatory sorority thing and Cheersport falls exactly at the wrong time for me where school is concerned now. I'm not giving up though.
3. (Yeah I did these backwards.) get better at time management. I've actually made huge strides towards this one. I'm adulting so well lately. I do chores way more regularly, I cook 1-2 nights a week (and not just pizza rolls, I'm getting way creative; Ya girl made a cake from scratch the other night), I'm actively using my planner more. Oh, and I floss daily now. I've also started reading what I can of chapters before class and it's helping a lot. Today, for the first time this quarter, I wasn't lost in chemistry.
My only problem with this whole adult thing is that it doesn't end. You can't just do it for a little while, feel accomplished, then quit. And I'm having to come to terms with that, lol.
Love the adulting references! I feel the same way! Adulting is hard!

That's awesome! My roomie is doing weight watchers too. It seems to be helpful. How do you know how many points are in the food? And how do you know how many points you get? I've been curious about it.

My resolutions
No smoking- no bueno. I tried to quit and quit on quitting.
Run a half marathon- Yep. I had a 12 mile training run that was no problem.
Regarding classes- They start this week. I'm definitely not excited.
I think there's a thread in the 18+ forum that gives tips for quitting smoking. I'm on my phone so I can't link it, but if you go there you'll find it.

1. Be more open to trying new foods

I tried asparagus [emoji2] that's it so far. But I did it willingly so I was proud of myself.

2. So far school is going well, no grades yet since we've only been back for a week but I'm excited about my classes!

Adding some:
3. Journal as needed/at least once a week.

4. Be better at thinking generously about the actions of others.

I've been doing really well with both of these. I can already tell a difference in how I'm handling situations and talking with others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woo I like seeing how everyone is doing.

1. Imma steal the flossing one, that's a good one. I'll tack on "brush my hair with an actual comb and not my fingers" everyday here, too.

It doesn't happen everyday but it happens more days than not so it's an improvement.

2. Find a quick workout/stretching regimen for when I get out of/get into bed and do it everyday.

Lol nope. My excuse is its too cold out right now. And I'm doing really well with my #6 so I'm not worried right now.

3. Finish redoing my online portfolio before the summer.

I haven't physically been working on the coding part of my portfolio because I'm currently working on my friends wedding stuff but I'm working on something at work right now that is definitely going in my portfolio so does that count? It's already taken over 50 hours. That's not an exaggeration. But I am in love with the way it's coming out.

4. Get a part time job to help pay down my student loans faster. (I'd reallyyyyyy like to have atleast half of it paid off at the end of 2016.)

My priority right now is finding a room mate. Then I will worry about the second job. Good news is I've been doing really well at only spending money on food and gas so I can keep contributing a little extra each month to my loans like I already have been despite me not having a room mate. I'm proud of myself for that.

5. Learn to grill.

Well it's practically the tundra outside so this is a no. But I learned how to make tortillas the other day and I love making them. And eating them. I'll get to grilling later when it gets nicer out.

6. Create an actual workout plan and stick to it.

Yes! I've done this! And it's going great! No longer do I battle with myself about if I want to go or not, I have a schedule to tell me if I go.

7. See another Broadway show.

In the planning stages atm.

8. Be more proactive about keeping my apartment clean.

So far so good :)

9. Listen to/read 25 books.

Have started zero books. But I listen to podcasts at work so I mean, it's like the same thing. As long as I'm learning new things everyday I am OK with this one.

10. Figure out what I want to do about/how I'm going to afford grad school :help:.

Lolololololol jokez.

This is a really good one. I should add it to my list but I know I'd never do it [emoji28]
I clearly had way too big of ambitions when I put it on mine!

Not sure what size beds you guys have, but I have a twin at school and I can make most of it when im still in bed. I just sit up and fix the part thats against the wall as I'm sitting there so when I get up all I have to do is pretty much fix the comforter.

1. Get back walkover competition ready by winter fest (6 months, first comp in Aus)
I did tumble in the backyard maybe 5 times, and I went to cheer camp. Cheer in Aus doesn't start back until Feb with school though. I'm doing two teams for cheer this year,(Jr1+Op1) (AUS has Open 1,2 and 3 aswell) so hopefully I get more practice time on it.

2. Eat clean/drink less sweet drinks
I think I'm sticking to this one pretty well! I have definitely been making lots of salads and vegetables with meat, and eating less junk. I have also not been buying as much sweet tea (my weakness)!

3. Do more activities at school
Well school hasn't started back yet. When it goes back in a couple of weeks I will do swimming sports like always, and maybe do form (home room) captain. I'm not sure if I should yet though.

4. Do exercise more often
Ehh, it's going alright I guess. I've swam and tumbled about half of my holidays, and been for a couple walks and cheer camp. When school starts back, I have heaps of sport though. Last year I had:
Monday-Cheer
Tuesday-Dance
Wednesday-Swimming
Thursday-Tennis
Friday-Swimming
This year I'm not sure yet, but I will have cheer once, and dance/swimming twice a week.

5. Declutter/organise
Been going pretty well, I went to a storage shop the other day and got heaps of containers and things to help me organise. I also went through my makeup and got rid of any old products or ones where the shade doesn't match. And I cleaned out my emails!

I thought I didn't have New Year Resolutions (and I don't)....but I do have some spoken and unspoken lifestyle changes

1. My motto is #takenoSh-t2016. Meaning I literally don't take crap from anyone this year. It's working out really well. On Friday McAlister's Deli forgot to put chicken in my pasta. Old Erin would have let it go. 2016 Erin called the restaurant and asked for the 70 cents difference in price to be added to her food. Long story short they had to reimburse my whole order. Old Erin would have declined. New Erin was like "you, damn right".

2. My second new motto for 2016 is "Closed Mouths Don't Get Fed". Meaning If I want something I asked for it. The most they can say is no. So far I've gotten a selfie with Lauryn Hill and moved into VIP at a NYE Concert after texting the Mayor. Yesterday I asked my moms friend for her play off tickets for the Carolina Panthers on Sunday. Did she say yes? No. Is she considering it? Yes.

3. I've gained 10 lbs (which is good)....and other people have been dragging me to fitness classes. Working out and losing weight isn't a goal of mine....but being more social is. It just so happens I've had to socialize at the gym

So. My 2016 is going well
You are goals lol!

Not sure what size beds you guys have, but I have a twin at school and I can make most of it when im still in bed. I just sit up and fix the part thats against the wall as I'm sitting there so when I get up all I have to do is pretty much fix the comforter.
King... that's the problem. Used to have a queen and it was so easy. I got a king about a year ago and I hate it! It's too big!

1. Get back walkover competition ready by winter fest (6 months, first comp in Aus)
I did tumble in the backyard maybe 5 times, and I went to cheer camp. Cheer in Aus doesn't start back until Feb with school though. I'm doing two teams for cheer this year,(Jr1+Op1) (AUS has Open 1,2 and 3 aswell) so hopefully I get more practice time on it.

2. Eat clean/drink less sweet drinks
I think I'm sticking to this one pretty well! I have definitely been making lots of salads and vegetables with meat, and eating less junk. I have also not been buying as much sweet tea (my weakness)!

3. Do more activities at school
Well school hasn't started back yet. When it goes back in a couple of weeks I will do swimming sports like always, and maybe do form (home room) captain. I'm not sure if I should yet though.

4. Do exercise more often
Ehh, it's going alright I guess. I've swam and tumbled about half of my holidays, and been for a couple walks and cheer camp. When school starts back, I have heaps of sport though. Last year I had:
Monday-Cheer
Tuesday-Dance
Wednesday-Swimming
Thursday-Tennis
Friday-Swimming
This year I'm not sure yet, but I will have cheer once, and dance/swimming twice a week.

5. Declutter/organise
Been going pretty well, I went to a storage shop the other day and got heaps of containers and things to help me organise. I also went through my makeup and got rid of any old products or ones where the shade doesn't match. And I cleaned out my emails!
Australia has sweet tea?? Learn something new everyday! I though it was just a Southern American thing.

Back