OT New Year's Resolutions 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
King... that's the problem. Used to have a queen and it was so easy. I got a king about a year ago and I hate it! It's too big!
My parents have a king and theres an awkward middle hump from where nobody sleeps. If it makes you feel better they only make the bed when people are coming over that haven't really been over much or when our house was for sale they made it for showings.

Woo I like seeing how everyone is doing.

1. Imma steal the flossing one, that's a good one. I'll tack on "brush my hair with an actual comb and not my fingers" everyday here, too.

It doesn't happen everyday but it happens more days than not so it's an improvement.

2. Find a quick workout/stretching regimen for when I get out of/get into bed and do it everyday.

Lol nope. My excuse is its too cold out right now. And I'm doing really well with my #6 so I'm not worried right now.

3. Finish redoing my online portfolio before the summer.

I haven't physically been working on the coding part of my portfolio because I'm currently working on my friends wedding stuff but I'm working on something at work right now that is definitely going in my portfolio so does that count? It's already taken over 50 hours. That's not an exaggeration. But I am in love with the way it's coming out.

4. Get a part time job to help pay down my student loans faster. (I'd reallyyyyyy like to have atleast half of it paid off at the end of 2016.)

My priority right now is finding a room mate. Then I will worry about the second job. Good news is I've been doing really well at only spending money on food and gas so I can keep contributing a little extra each month to my loans like I already have been despite me not having a room mate. I'm proud of myself for that.

5. Learn to grill.

Well it's practically the tundra outside so this is a no. But I learned how to make tortillas the other day and I love making them. And eating them. I'll get to grilling later when it gets nicer out.

6. Create an actual workout plan and stick to it.

Yes! I've done this! And it's going great! No longer do I battle with myself about if I want to go or not, I have a schedule to tell me if I go.

7. See another Broadway show.

In the planning stages atm.

8. Be more proactive about keeping my apartment clean.

So far so good :)

9. Listen to/read 25 books.

Have started zero books. But I listen to podcasts at work so I mean, it's like the same thing. As long as I'm learning new things everyday I am OK with this one.

10. Figure out what I want to do about/how I'm going to afford grad school :help:.

Lolololololol jokez.
Maybe for #5 you can get an iron grill pan? I like making tortillas too. I also make cheese tortillas.

1. Be more open to trying new foods

I tried asparagus
emoji2.png
that's it so far. But I did it willingly so I was proud of myself.

2. So far school is going well, no grades yet since we've only been back for a week but I'm excited about my classes!

Adding some:
3. Journal as needed/at least once a week.

4. Be better at thinking generously about the actions of others.

I've been doing really well with both of these. I can already tell a difference in how I'm handling situations and talking with others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you want to keep trying new food. Try edamame (in pods only-tastes better imo).

Maybe for #5 you can get an iron grill pan? I like making tortillas too. I also make cheese tortillas.

Ehhhhh its not the same. Plus I like that charcoal-y fire flavor.

And yoooo, cheese tortillas sound amazing. I'm probably going to be snowed in this weekend so I think you just helped me figure out what I am going to do with all my free time :)

Ehhhhh its not the same. Plus I like that charcoal-y fire flavor.

And yoooo, cheese tortillas sound amazing. I'm probably going to be snowed in this weekend so I think you just helped me figure out what I am going to do with all my free time :)
Haha that's probably true. PM me if you want to know how I do cheese tortillas. It's pretty easy lol.

-make at least a 3.0 in my first semester of nursing school
-less procrastinating/more organization to my life
-take classes at the gym at least once a week, and work out on my own at two time a week (aiming low, since I never actually work out)
-start eating healthier/cooking at home more
-be involved with BSNA (nursing association at my school)
-do something that makes me happy once a week

1. no grades until first round of exams--but did make a 90 on one quiz
2. already done with a months worth of assignments, and have everything in my planner-color coordinated per class. and have started to already study for the first round of exams.
3. walking to and from school which is nearly a mile roundtrip walk, and have been going 3x/week to the gym so far, hoping to keep it up or increase the number of times per week
4. i've been cooking fish (first time the other day, and it was a success!) and chicken more, and haven't bought any junk food while grocery shopping, but still not cooking as often yet
5. nothing has happened yet for BSNA, meetings or activities
6. well i've been spending a lot more time with my good roommate and one of my best friend's

newer additions
-run for a class office position--which will happen in the next few weeks
-make new friends
-get to know my professors outside of the classroom

So get into nursing school. I have had 2 interviews out of 3 and they went ok. I got the oppuntunity to meet with the educational lead at a major children's hospital and loved asking questions and finding out more

Essay are now done 2 night before they Re due which is a start

I'm severely lacking in motivation going into this week. I've been doing really well at managing my time and being productive but I just don't see it happening the next few days. Any sort of motivation for me is greatly welcomed *sigh*

Doing well on all three of my resolutions!

Haven't smoked.

Have stayed out of the cheer gym other than to pick up. I drop at the door and go.

Have been in the fitness gym and am alternating a cardio on the elliptical for an hour (almost 5 miles and almost 700 calories) day with a nautilus machine strength training day!

I am feeling like a more sane person as a result of all of it.

That parent room is BRUTAL y'all.

Back