High School Nfhs Rules Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That helps... It would seem to me, though, that the "neck kip" (as shown in the first video) would still be legal, since you're not *jumping* backwards, and the "suicide kip" (second part of the first video) would not be legal. Agree?

I would agree with you. I have never seen the "neck kip" performed in cheer before, only in sports games and on Buffy the Vampire Slayer :p it's always been suicide kips.

I'd still like to know what the official verdict is on back handsprings is. That just seems silly.

Just got an email about changes in the high school rules, and it includes this:

"In the section on tumbling, a new article was added stating that competitors cannot jump from a standing or squatting position backwards onto the neck, shoulders or hands."

I'm sure I'm misunderstanding, but it sounds to me like they just outlawed back handsprings. [emoji53]

Anybody know what they really mean?
I'm at the New England Varsity Coaches Conference and Bill Ahern from UCA just confirmed this rule is stating kip ups as illegal. Backhandsprings are still good !

I'm at the New England Varsity Coaches Conference and Bill Ahern from UCA just confirmed this rule is stating kip ups as illegal. Backhandsprings are still good !
Thanks - I assumed that, but they really need to change the wording. As written, I think it says something that they didn't intend it to say!

Back