High School Northeast Regionals... Let's Talk Abt It!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If competing twice in one day was the only rule that would interfere I think there could definitely be something worked out with UCA nationals. Most divisions no longer have prelims so teams only compete in semis, then in finals the next day if they advance. I believe medium and small were the only divisions with prelims last year.

I also read they can't travel out if state next season. So nationals is out! (UCA ) nationals

I'm not sure if what I'm saying is 100% correct since I'm from MA, but I know NH classifies cheerleading as a sport, and that is why those teams (such as Pinkerton) cannot go to Nationals. They do however travel out of state sometimes to compete at local invitational competitions in MA... must depend on the state and their guidelines?

If this is the case for NY, UCA nationals is going to look very different in the future, missing all of the northeast teams from NY!

I just heard that a lot of our favorite teams are still
Having tryouts! Omg I couldn't imagine what this is like for the powerhouse teams!!
It's not so much that they're still having tryouts, it's that all NY teams had to have a second tryouts for the winter season now that it's a sport. They all have their choreo in place; I guess what needs to be changed now depends who makes (or doesn't make) the team.

It's not so much that they're still having tryouts, it's that all NY teams had to have a second tryouts for the winter season now that it's a sport. They all have their choreo in place; I guess what needs to be changed now depends who makes (or doesn't make) the team.

Don't you think that in the cheer arena, unless someone new shows up or someone doesn't, it's more of a formality? I know if I had a winter tryout, I would have the exact same kids.

Don't you think that in the cheer arena, unless someone new shows up or someone doesn't, it's more of a formality? I know if I had a winter tryout, I would have the exact same kids.
As a coach, wouldn't you want to put the best team possible on the floor though? Since cp decided she wanted to try out, I questioned the AD about that since we felt that if it was just a formality, cp would just wait until next season as planned. Was told it was definitely a real tryout, and I know that the coach told the team that she would only add new girls if they had the skills.

As a coach, wouldn't you want to put the best team possible on the floor though? Since cp decided she wanted to try out, I questioned the AD about that since we felt that if it was just a formality, cp would just wait until next season as planned. Was told it was definitely a real tryout, and I know that the coach told the team that she would only add new girls if they had the skills.

I just can say that no one else would try out and if someone did, they would get a fair shot, but usually we don't get additions after school starts ever.. just different geographic region.

Just read an article about this on SILive.com. Looks like NY teams won't be competing next year. Apparently being designated a sport means they can't compete twice in one day...which means UCA is out. This article was posted to Facebook by a St. Joseph by the Sea alum, so I assume that will apply to private schools as well.

Changes coming for Staten Island high school competitive cheerleading next year | SILive.com

I wonder how this will play out. Sounds like it will be easier for the Jersey teams to get bids, but will the loss of attendees eventually hurt the comp?

I just can say that no one else would try out and if someone did, they would get a fair shot, but usually we don't get additions after school starts ever.. just different geographic region.
I think that's probably the norm though. Cp and another girl (former gymnast) made varsity :). The only other new girl who tried out made JV.

I'm not sure if what I'm saying is 100% correct since I'm from MA, but I know NH classifies cheerleading as a sport, and that is why those teams (such as Pinkerton) cannot go to Nationals. They do however travel out of state sometimes to compete at local invitational competitions in MA... must depend on the state and their guidelines?

If this is the case for NY, UCA nationals is going to look very different in the future, missing all of the northeast teams from NY!
You are 100% correct. No out of state competitions unless they are sanctioned by the NHIAA. Pinkerton is amazing, always.

Small varsity Burlington
Medium varsity - 1. Pinelands 2. Warrenhills 3 ... Pennridge
Large. Either St Hubert's or the Ursuline school not sure. Hunterdon central was 3rd..
Jv large- warren hills 2. Hunterdon central

I missed super results
Sorry!

Hubert won large.

Back