All-Star Not Going To Summit

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Same here. Summit bids are TOUGH to get! Especially if you only accept At large or paid
Curious what levels you are competing in? CP is on a 4, they got an at large in December but could have also earned one at at least 2 other comps. I think this might be especially true for levels 4/4.2/5, that the bids are easy to get this year.

Last edited:
Curious what levels you are competing in? CP is on a 4, they got an at large in December but could have also earned one at at least 2 other comps. I think this might be especially true for levels 4/4.2/, that the bids are easy to get this year.

She’s L4 but I’ve seen it across all levels. I wonder if it’s a regional thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’re in D2, and mostly did regional comps this year, and there are a TON of really, really good level 2 and 3 teams in D2 in our area.

She’s L4 but I’ve seen it across all levels. I wonder if it’s a regional thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Must be! We were at several comps where L4 bids went to second place teams because the winners already had them. We were even at a comp where the D1 L1 bid went to a second place team, and that was much earlier in the season.

I think the bids and even the desire to go (again and again and again) have a lot to do with geography. I'd suspect a lot more teams within driving distance of the East Coast House of Mouse are willing to make "the climb" year after year (and hence the bids may be tougher to get at comps attended by teams within driving distance) than out where it is a crazy $ full week, lots of missed school proposition.

It would be interesting to know in the responses of both the "we love the summit" and "been there over that" posters... where you are from.

I for one was OVER IT in terms of Worlds by the time my daughter retired. I can't even imagine if we had tacked on more years at other levels going to summit too. Most (I'd guess 90%) of the families of her team didn't even stick around long enough after awards to hit the parks.... just hopped back on the plane to get the kids back to school asap.

I'm kind of wondering if there are any teams out there who truly thought they should have a bid and didn't get one (especially at the higher levels). We were lucky in that we didn't have to travel this year, the GSSA/Aloha acquisition added so many local events with bids. But it also seemed like everyone and their brother got a bid this year. Plenty of teams who really didn't earn being in the top, but lucked out due to the universal bid declaration. We are going again, and I'm pretty much over it.

My daughter's J4 team has not received a bid and has even scored 95s and failed to ..being beaten at two day events by S4 coeds and such and at one day events by J2/J1s. We have one more wildcard event and then it's over this year. :(

Last edited:
It's interesting to read peoples replies and say how they purposely don't go to comps that offer summit bids. Is it simply because of the money aspect? or a boycott against Varsity?

It's interesting to read peoples replies and say how they purposely don't go to comps that offer summit bids. Is it simply because of the money aspect? or a boycott against Varsity?

Not a boycott against Varsity. (and given their acquisition of EP's, next year a boycott of Varsity would be near impossible)

CP's is at a small (but rapidly growing) gym. We have a lot of very new cheerleaders. This season we attended mostly one day events that we can drive to. And we've done really well, morale at the gym is at an all time high.

Summit bid events are more expensive and time consuming. There about 6 throughout the season that were drivable. I'm guessing that with so many new cheerleaders at the gym this year, it was unclear when the schedule was released whether we would have been competitive. And IMO (parent) opinion, it's not worth attending unless you have a solid chance at wining.

Also, if you have the tell parents "keep 2k aside for the possibility of Summit" then they are less likely to agree to other destination events where the entire gym can bond.

"keep 2k aside for the possibility of Summit"

Our first year at our gym she was on prep and all summit eligible teams got bids. Next season I kept 2K aside for Summit and again all teams went to Summit. Same this year. It's sad and great at the same time.

We are not going and are pretty bummed. We switched to a new gym this year for a variety of reasons. One was to have a chance at a bid (previous gym not many teams got bids in the time we were there). All but 3 teams in our gym got bids (CP's team being one that did not). She wants to experience it at least once. We were close at one comp. We won our division but had a bobble on day 2 that caused us .5 in deductions. The team in the med J2 got the bid and they beat our score by .5. So that was frustrating.

I know many don't want to spend the money on the trip. Or have been more than they care for. Some of us would like to have the opportunity to go just once.

We are not going and are pretty bummed. We switched to a new gym this year for a variety of reasons. One was to have a chance at a bid (previous gym not many teams got bids in the time we were there). All but 3 teams in our gym got bids (CP's team being one that did not). She wants to experience it at least once. We were close at one comp. We won our division but had a bobble on day 2 that caused us .5 in deductions. The team in the med J2 got the bid and they beat our score by .5. So that was frustrating.

I know many don't want to spend the money on the trip. Or have been more than they care for. Some of us would like to have the opportunity to go just once.
That stinks to be so close. Was this her last year, maybe she has more time?

Wondering what comp you got a .5 deduction for a bobble though as there isn't a deduction for that.

That stinks to be so close. Was this her last year, maybe she has more time?

Wondering what comp you got a .5 deduction for a bobble though as there isn't a deduction for that.
No. She's almost 14. So she's got a few more years.

I may have confused the deduction and our score differential. The flyer came down but not all the way. So you are right it wasn't .5 in deduction. But that was the difference in our score and the other team. Coaches said if we had hit, we'd most likely would have gotten the bid.

Where is everyone living that they have to travel to get Summit bids? Our gym only travels out of state once as a program. Then again if you get a summit bid. We get all of our summit bids locally

Back