Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I cant tell you how many times Ive had this conversation:

clueless idiot: what sport do you play?
me: Im a cheerleader
clueless idiot: oh like in Bring It On
me: no actually nothing like Bring It On
clueless idiot: oh well then your not really a cheerleader then

I guess the public thinks we're all the same.:rolleyes:

bahahah i actually just wrote a paper on this! my first paragraph was like....
"'Oh so you’re a cheerleader? Like the ones in the movies?” is a question everyone asks after I tell them what I do. I would always like to retort with “if you mean tall, blond, dumb, and obsessed with football players then no, I’m not like the ones in movies.” It’s hard to describe a sport as complex as allstar cheerleading. There is too many complicated terms, confusing levels, and not much exposure to the sport. If you want to understand football or basketball or soccer you can just turn on ESPN at any time where announcers will track each teams every move throughout the game, and they will do it understandably and effortlessly. Cheerleading is rarely shown on ESPN and when it is the announcers are rarely educated in the sport making someone tuning in still clueless to the intricacies of the sport and routines. So, when people do ask me “Oh so you’re a cheerleader? Like the ones in the movies?” I generally have to respond with “yeah, it’s kind of like Bring It On,” in order to skip the lengthy and frustrating explanation of my sport. Due to the lack of exposure, education, and intricacies of the sport the stereotype of a cheerleader has never been disproven. Instead, because of the ways cheerleaders are portrayed in the media the stereotype is stronger than ever." and it goes on... it was for extra credit and i for sure had a lot to say!!

I'm always talking trough the entire movie, to comment things. My friends (the ones that don't cheer), think I'm crazy, but I'm just making my point ;)

Like if you're a completely new team, and become a "level 5" team in like one week.

thanks for all the repliesss! i just love how far fetched the whole thing is. i mean there's rivalries & all but I can't remember the last time they stormed the floor & just mimicked all our motions to perfection? like whaaaa. & am i dreaming or is the orig bring it on in fired up and theres a bunch of teams just gathered all around the big screen, & like quoting it word for word. hhahhahaha, like oh nowww we know who the real cheerleaders are. if you know all the words to Bring It On, you're good to go.

thanks for all the repliesss! i just love how far fetched the whole thing is. i mean there's rivalries & all but I can't remember the last time they stormed the floor & just mimicked all our motions to perfection? like whaaaa. & am i dreaming or is the orig bring it on in fired up and theres a bunch of teams just gathered all around the big screen, & like quoting it word for word. hhahhahaha, like oh nowww we know who the real cheerleaders are. if you know all the words to Bring It On, you're good to go.

hahaha you make me laugh!!! thanks for posting this thread.

tumblr_lm1dvwXb301qgi35zo1_500_large.png
really? smh....-_-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEm2sa2uT5w

0:52, the worst single I've ever seen in my life
loving how the one girl goes up to her arabesque. She goes up on 2 legs and the one base completely lets go and stood looking confused for the rest of the stunt , she kicks her arabesque and falls because only one person has her foot. And the other group clearly doesn't know their counts because they dip a few times before they actually go up. It's 1,2 jk it's 5,6 O wait, sorry it's 7,8 :rolleyes:
And the most awkward full down I've ever seen.

well did you all know that california allstars was in the BRING IT ON IN IT TO WIN IT. and they actually did what real allstars team do, they make cheerleading look so stupid. and they over do it and i think if they make a movie they should bring real cheerleaders in with a few hollywood stars !

it kinda bothers me how in that one bring it on movie they got someone to sponsor them and so they became "allstars". You are either a school team or an allstar team there is no way to just magically switch. And if you DID attempt to switch it would take forever... not a day.

Every time someone asks me if cheerleading is like Bring It On I want to go insane!
And I was watching Bring It On: Fight To the Finish, and when I saw California all I could think was
"In the real world, California would have probably beat that Dream Team by a landslide."

I just have to say, the last bring it on annoyed mt SO much. You don't just "become" and all star team, It doesnt work that way honey. :banghead:

The "real allstar team" ( the jaguars I think ) in the fifth bring it on make all-star cheerleaders look like complete superficial b-words.... not coool, dude.

Back