All-Star October Update To Varsity Scoring System

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just can't figure out if specialty trumps quantity... And now that ASCheerMan is a big twitterlebrity he can't come on fierceboard and tell me! :p
LOL TWO THINGS:
1. Welcome Back is absolutely right. In fact, I responded with the same message but my computer froze and I had to go get a root canal.
2. You are right. I'm a Twitterlebrity. Now, why do you have your settings such that I can't retweet the things you state about me?

LOL TWO THINGS:
1. Welcome Back is absolutely right. In fact, I responded with the same message but my computer froze and I had to go get a root canal.
2. You are right. I'm a Twitterlebrity. Now, why do you have your settings such that I can't retweet the things you state about me?

Hmm... I hate where this no secret special number answer that I need to get to that will allow me to score higher than all my counterparts...

As for twitter, I'll work on it. My humor and wit (and Steven's love for you) should probably be shared by all.

ASCheerMan I was wondering how this new score sheet would work when combining coed and all girl divisions since there is an extra section for coed. Or will there be no combining?

My team is coed level 4 and there isn't always coed competition locally, however we would like to have competition. We just got our comp schedule for this weekend and even though we are the only coed team we aren't combined with the all girl level 4 division.

ASCheerMan I was wondering how this new score sheet would work when combining coed and all girl divisions since there is an extra section for coed. Or will there be no combining?

My team is coed level 4 and there isn't always coed competition locally, however we would like to have competition. We just got our comp schedule for this weekend and even though we are the only coed team we aren't combined with the all girl level 4 division.
That's a good question. I had the same one this past weekend, my kids are on a Lrg sr coed 3 and were combined into the large all girl division (which made absolutely no sense since there WAS a sr coed division competing and three of the four teams were large).

But we competed in the large AG as the only coed team and I wondered the same thing. We have five coed stunts in our routine that all girl didn't have (because they don't have to) so I didn't know if that rule still applied, or if it was an "unfair advatange" over the all girl division. I'm interested in the answer, thanks for asking!

The 'coed' requirement is only present when the division is truly coed. When Senior Coed is combined with Senior to become 'Senior,' the requirement no longer exists.

That said, unassisted stunting in your routine can only positively influence your Stunting Difficulty Score, regardless of what division your team is performing in. So, I definitely wouldn't go with the mentality that you need to 'take it out' for competitions where All Girl teams are competing against coed teams.

The 'coed' requirement is only present when the division is truly coed. When Senior Coed is combined with Senior to become 'Senior,' the requirement no longer exists.

That said, unassisted stunting in your routine can only positively influence your Stunting Difficulty Score, regardless of what division your team is performing in. So, I definitely wouldn't go with the mentality that you need to 'take it out' for competitions where All Girl teams are competing against coed teams.

Good to know, thank you! Now to figure out why they split the coed and all girl level 4 for the competition this weekend even though we are the only coed. Sticks not having competition!

Good to know, thank you! Now to figure out why they split the coed and all girl level 4 for the competition this weekend even though we are the only coed. Sticks not having competition!
Then you can figure out why UCA made us compete all girl when there was a coed division and we'll all have candy and nuts for Christmas!

#sorrymedicated

Then you can figure out why UCA made us compete all girl when there was a coed division and we'll all have candy and nuts for Christmas!

#sorrymedicated

Ours is UCA too... It all never makes too much sense, does it?? But ours minds would be blown if we could actually make sense of it!!

This is a really random and probably pointless/stupid question since it doesn't really effect my routine or make much sense, but...
With the basket scoring front spots count, so a team of 20 only needs 4 baskets (+3), but if you are a team of 20 and do 5 baskets, does one of those count towards your 3 extras? Does it depend on the timing in comparison to the others? What if you have 4 full baskets go together, and then the 5th goes 2 counts later? How does it get counted?

This is a really random and probably pointless/stupid question since it doesn't really effect my routine or make much sense, but...
With the basket scoring front spots count, so a team of 20 only needs 4 baskets (+3), but if you are a team of 20 and do 5 baskets, does one of those count towards your 3 extras? Does it depend on the timing in comparison to the others? What if you have 4 full baskets go together, and then the 5th goes 2 counts later? How does it get counted?
Yes, your extra toss counts towards your 'additional 3' required to get into the HIGH range. You may also get scored higher in the HIGH range for not using front spots.

Can someone please explain what a "shove wrap" dismount is? I saw on the Varsity scoring explanations for L1 dismounts. Thanks

Back