All-Star October Update To Varsity Scoring System

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Thanks for taking the time to clarify everything, it's been a huge help!

In level 1 under dismounts it states that "majority of athletes participate in 2 cradle dismounts and 1 additional dismount variation" - Does that means that the routine as a whole needs to have 2 cradle dismounts total or each stunt group (assuming I'm maxed out group wise for team size) has to cradle twice and do 1 additional dismount, such as a bump down?

Hungry, You need 75% of your team to tumble twice. This means you generally need 30 passes. You may get to 30 passes one of three ways:
1. You may have 15 athletes tumble twice.
2. You may have 20 athletes tumble once and then 10 athletes tumble a 2nd time.
3. Anything in between.

The judges are going to LOOK for a way to get you to 30 passes, rather than force 15 individual athletes to tumble twice if that isn't what makes the most sense.

In terms of level appropriate pass, as long as it is level appropriate, you may repeat the same pass to get you into the range. That said, your score WITHIN the range may be affected by the difficulty (if TEAM A and TEAM B both have 2 squad passes but TEAM A throws one RO SINGLE BHS and then one RO BHS SERIES and TEAM B throws 2 passes, both of which are RO SINGLE BHS, the judges may give the Difficulty edge to TEAM A).

In level 5 running tumbling it DOES NOT say that you must have 2 Level appropriate skills??

Level 1-4 it says that Most athletes must do 2 level appropriate skills. Is this a miss print? Can you explain if it is needed to have the "squad tumbling" plus the tumbling sequence?

Thanks!

ASCheerMan i have a question. my level 3 team does our tosses in our stunt section. does this count as one of the 4 intermediate building skills that we need in our stunt?

Thanks for taking the time to clarify everything, it's been a huge help!

In level 1 under dismounts it states that "majority of athletes participate in 2 cradle dismounts and 1 additional dismount variation" - Does that means that the routine as a whole needs to have 2 cradle dismounts total or each stunt group (assuming I'm maxed out group wise for team size) has to cradle twice and do 1 additional dismount, such as a bump down?
Everybody needs to cradle twice... and then dismount a 3rd time. So, I think the answer to your question is each stunt group... (I think).

In level 5 running tumbling it DOES NOT say that you must have 2 Level appropriate skills??

Level 1-4 it says that Most athletes must do 2 level appropriate skills. Is this a miss print? Can you explain if it is needed to have the "squad tumbling" plus the tumbling sequence?

Thanks!
For Level 5, to score in the HIGH range, you need to have 75% of your team throwing specialty pass to fulls or doubles to get into the HIGH range. You read correctly (it is not a misprint) that you do NOT have to throw two running tumbling passes in this category.

Low
Majority of the athletes participate in 1 level appropriate skills (full twists) and include 2 specialty passes to fulls and 2 double full passes

Medium

Majority of the athletes participate in elite level appropriate passes

High

Most of the athletes participate in elite level appropriate passes

Level 5 Elite Level Appropriate Passes include: Specialty passes to fulls, double fulls, specialty passes to double fulls

Low
Majority of the athletes participate in 1 level appropriate skills (full twists) and include 2 specialty passes to fulls and 2 double full passes

Medium

High

Level 5 Elite Level Appropriate Passes include: Specialty passes to fulls, double fulls, specialty passes to double fulls

Thanks!
Not a misprint. You only need MOST of your team throwing ELITE LEVEL APPROPRIATE SKILLS. This includes specialty to fulls and doubles.

Low

Medium

High

Level 5 Elite Level Appropriate Passes include:
Specialty passes to fulls, double fulls, specialty passes to double fulls

ASCheerMan i have a question. my level 3 team does our tosses in our stunt section. does this count as one of the 4 intermediate building skills that we need in our stunt?
It does not count as a building skill towards your STUNT score. All basket tosses will count towards your TOSSES score.

Not a misprint. You only need MOST of your team throwing ELITE LEVEL APPROPRIATE SKILLS. This includes specialty to fulls and doubles.

Low

Medium

High

Level 5 Elite Level Appropriate Passes include:
Specialty passes to fulls, double fulls, specialty passes to double fulls

Thanks!!

ASCheerMan Any chance the pdf can get a last updated date on them so it's easier to tell which set is the most recent?
Ask and you shall receive! 2 Improvements to the Varsity All Star Soring Page.
1. Every page has been date stamped so you know when it was updated.
2. The first link is now a comprehensive PDF of all of the documents so you only have to 'print' once and get every page!

Hello all,

I was looking over the scoring guidelines and had a few level 3 questions

What would be a release move to prep level or below for level 3?

Also what are examples of an inversion to prep level or below?

I've watched level 3 teams that have won and didn't see any type of stunts like that, but did notice World Cup Electra did switch up to heel stretches. Isn't that a level 4 skill?

Hello all,

I was looking over the scoring guidelines and had a few level 3 questions

What would be a release move to prep level or below for level 3?

Also what are examples of an inversion to prep level or below?

I've watched level 3 teams that have won and didn't see any type of stunts like that, but did notice World Cup Electra did switch up to heel stretches. Isn't that a level 4 skill?

A release move would be something like a "ball up" that lands in prep. They release her feet completely, she does a tuck, and they catch at prep. This has height restrictions though.

An inversion could be something like a front walkover to prep level.

A release move would be something like a "ball up" that lands in prep. They release her feet completely, she does a tuck, and they catch at prep. This has height restrictions though.

An inversion could be something like a front walkover to prep level.
Good job, CoachTamara , I have trained you well.

I will comment (without seeing the Level 3 World Cup routine in queastion) that that switch ups or express ups are legal at Level 3 provided the back spot maintain contact with the flyer at all times.

Express ups and switch ups to prep (without contact) are also legal at level 3

Back