Oh Canada

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You could go either East or West. There are several bid events in Ontario, and I believe several in Sask/AB. But yes, you can only get bids in Canada. You used to be able to get them out of country (back in 2012 or so), but rules have been changed again, so now it's only in your home country.
Pretty sure we could never get bids out of country. The only exception was the loophole with ice queens, which since has been fixed because it wasnt exactly fair...

Pretty sure we could never get bids out of country. The only exception was the loophole with ice queens, which since has been fixed because it wasnt exactly fair...

We were eligible for one in 2012 (was that the Ice Queens year??) at a competition in Vegas, but we didn't get it. I think the fairness issue wasn't with us heading south, but potentially with the high number of US teams that could come north and get all of our bids

We were eligible for one in 2012 (was that the Ice Queens year??) at a competition in Vegas, but we didn't get it. I think the fairness issue wasn't with us heading south, but potentially with the high number of US teams that could come north and get all of our bids
oh really?! Thats so weird. Do you know the technicalities of why you were eligible? Cause I know previous teams that I've been on have been in line for bids at American competitions (2012 being one of those years) but being from Canada, it was a no-go and got passed on to the next in line

I think it was dependant on the competition and the limits they put on their bids. Similar to how many bids are reserved for level 5, and others for all levels. I believe the bids available to Open 6 were open to anyone as there are so few Open 6 teams. Some were available only to US teams and others to everyone. I remember our coach needing photocopies of our passports to prove DOB.

It's pretty sad.

Since the news of the new Worlds team got out, a lot of people are bashing the founders. They say that Quebec has enough "Worlds" teams, that you are not a true world athlete unless you make it to ICU, that cheerleading is the only sport where you can go to worlds without mastering your craft, that Quebec doesn't need another Worlds team, etc...

I can't believe the lack of support from other Quebec gyms.

It's pretty sad.

Since the news of the new Worlds team got out, a lot of people are bashing the founders. They say that Quebec has enough "Worlds" teams, that you are not a true world athlete unless you make it to ICU, that cheerleading is the only sport where you can go to worlds without mastering your craft, that Quebec doesn't need another Worlds team, etc...

I can't believe the lack of support from other Quebec gyms.
Sounds like insecurity and jealousy is rearing it's ugly head. How can the sport grow in Canada if we limit the number of gyms and teams?!?

Healthy competition is good for any sport and craft. Using that argument is like saying we have too many hockey teams in Canada and should limit it to just a couple. If a team is truly at the Worlds level, they will get there on their own merit and not because they're new.

Sounds like insecurity and jealousy is rearing it's ugly head. How can the sport grow in Canada if we limit the number of gyms and teams?!?

Healthy competition is good for any sport and craft. Using that argument is like saying we have too many hockey teams in Canada and should limit it to just a couple. If a team is truly at the Worlds level, they will get there on their own merit and not because they're new.

We've all seen how mad Charles gets when good athletes aren't at Flyers. Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of this bashing is coming from them.

Regardless of how you feel about this gym or what you think you have heard, it is not grounds for accusation on an unrelated matter.

If that's how you feel, that's how you feel. What I KNOW I have heard and seen with my own two eyes would lead me to believe that kind of behaviour is not above your gym. Of course I may be wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me if that's where a lot of it was coming from, quite frankly.

If that's how you feel, that's how you feel. What I KNOW I have heard and seen with my own two eyes would lead me to believe that kind of behaviour is not above your gym. Of course I may be wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me if that's where a lot of it was coming from, quite frankly.

And I have SEEN and heard things I don't agree with from most Canadian gyms. And yet I do not go around making blind accusations because I respect my sport enough to know that this type of behavior leads to absolutely nothing productive or positive.

Back