All-Star Over Used Cheer Songs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

At competitions in our area, every second youth team seemed to choose "Best Song Ever" by One Direction for their dance segment. Gaaahhh.

Any dance song that is about dancing: "wanna dance with somebody" by whitney houston, "just dance" by lady gaga, "last dance" etc

"I like my beat fast and my bass down low" song, and pretty much anything by celine dion, whitney houston, kesha, and kelly clarkson.

I was JUST at a recital where at least 3 trio or solos used A Little Party.
I cannot believe a studio used a little party three times;kids jump on loving the same song and wanting to dance to it,but SO & teachers,have to put their foot down and say "Susie, Sarah and Sally are using this song,pick another one" or say,we'll use it in another large group/production number,but never give 3 trios/solos,use the same song. We hear it a lot because dance competitions,are like cheer competitions,but I've never seen the same studio use the same song,in the same season. Whoever you went to see at that recital,tell them to RUN! Studios that do that,have other skeletons that will pop up,when you're in January,after you've paid, 5 grand in costumes,another $600 on swarovskis and a billion on competition fees and another billion on studio time. Run now;while you still have the chance...and your money.

Nothing will ever be worse than EVERYBODY'S HANDS GO UP.......AND THEY STAY THERE of 2009 and 2010

Oh and Back Again...

"Now I'm back to turn back time, and now I'm back again, I'm back where I belong, the world is mine, I'm on the road again"

It's harder to find teams that didn't use it than teams that did.

Last edited:
I cannot believe a studio used a little party three times;kids jump on loving the same song and wanting to dance to it,but SO & teachers,have to put their foot down and say "Susie, Sarah and Sally are using this song,pick another one" or say,we'll use it in another large group/production number,but never give 3 trios/solos,use the same song. We hear it a lot because dance competitions,are like cheer competitions,but I've never seen the same studio use the same song,in the same season. Whoever you went to see at that recital,tell them to RUN! Studios that do that,have other skeletons that will pop up,when you're in January,after you've paid, 5 grand in costumes,another $600 on swarovskis and a billion on competition fees and another billion on studio time. Run now;while you still have the chance...and your money.

These are friends of our family. In my head, I was like "Um, I haven't been in the dance world beyond occasionally working with the HS dance team, but I'm not sure that's how it works."

Nothing will ever be worse than EVERYBODY'S HANDS GO UP.......AND THEY STAY THERE of 2009 and 2010

at the 2010 NCA college nationals both UMD and Louisville All Girl had that song in their music and did the same thing at that part.

I was like:
4716a89273dbce25_48.gif

Latest posts

Back