All-Star Pacwest Portland Oregon

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Personally, this is just my opinion, stage height has nothing to do with a team or level. It shouldn't make someone feel less important or like their team isn't as great. They have have the lights and the crowd and they are still elevated. It would be like saying, our team isn't as valued because we have to compete on a red floor instead of a blue floor. A stage is a stage regardless of height.

It is just annoying that it isn't the same for all levels.

I guess it isn't really different from any competition in that respect. Not very one gets to perform in the arena at NCA either.

I wonder what the official reasoning is though for the two different height levels.

Could just be what the Convention centre will offer based on their space and what they have available? There may be nothing more than that. But I have to agree, I like the raised stage and enjoy watching all teams that way.

just noticed that the schedule for day 2 changed...

Yipee for a 8:36 AM preformance time :mad:

8:36 means i have to meet 2 hours before... so 6:30? So get up at 5? Lovely :(

Ugh! PLUS daylight savings time.
They're trying to kill us. How are we supposed to get the 10 year olds on our team to wake up in time :(

ETA: I expect the schedule to change a lot though. VAS is listed as Large Senior 3 and i'm pretty sure theyre coed, and Onyx is listed as Large coed 3 but theyre small now, and CCNW C5 is listed as medium coed... So maybe theres hope for a later preformance time!

They're trying to kill us. How are we supposed to get the 10 year olds on our team to wake up in time :(

ETA: I expect the schedule to change a lot though. VAS is listed as Large Senior 3 and i'm pretty sure theyre coed, and Onyx is listed as Large coed 3 but theyre small now, and CCNW C5 is listed as medium coed... So maybe theres hope for a later preformance time!

Correct VAS is Co-Ed.

If anyone is there early on Saturday our senior hip hop team goes on at 9:12. I might be biased but they are pretty amazing this year. They performed at Spirit Cheer too, but since no one was in their division they were not doing their full routine and we're trying a few choreography ideas out. They are trying to get a worlds bid this weekend. Fingers crossed for a partial paid this year! They really feed off the audiences energy and would love some extra people there routing them on! It can be dead so early in the morning.

My daughter is on Utah Fusion...J4 Lady Blaze and S3coed Smoke. And you?

I'm so excited so get to see so many new teams!

My daughter is on VAS J4 Lady Lava - so excited to see competition this weekend as there are no other J4 teams in the area! Wishing you luck - but not too much since you are our competition! ;) I know my CP is super excited to see your teams perform!

If anyone is there early on Saturday our senior hip hop team goes on at 9:12. I might be biased but they are pretty amazing this year. They performed at Spirit Cheer too, but since no one was in their division they were not doing their full routine and we're trying a few choreography ideas out. They are trying to get a worlds bid this weekend. Fingers crossed for a partial paid this year! They really feed off the audiences energy and would love some extra people there routing them on! It can be dead so early in the morning.
I'm there bright and early! I'll cheer them on!

We'll be there (groan - so early). I'll get my gaggle to get loud for you!

Thanks all! New have to meet in the hotel lobby at 6:15 am! Soooo early. Big difference from Spirit Cheer when we didn't have to meet until 9:30.

Back