All-Star Panthers Not Cali?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was also baffled by the lack of crowd enthusiasm for both Panthers and Cheetahs. My daughter and I both noticed and commented on it. I'm not from CA and I'm not even from Texas. I am not a die-hard fan of any one team. I love & support & follow all the talented teams. CA Panthers and F5 both deserved the Gold!

Cheer Athletics never really has a 'crazy' crowd.

I'd really like to know if all of these people complaining about Cali winning even know what the Worlds scoresheet looks like? Panthers changed a ton of their routine for Worlds. Not just for fun, to HIT the WORLDS scoresheet. As far as I can tell, Cali (for the most part) kept most of their routine since the last time I saw them.

it made me sad to see the lack of crowd for both cheer athletics and orange, its so ridiculous, stop hating on the best, and become the best. Congrats to CA on their win, but i feel for these orange and CA kids, not having a crowd behind them just because they are the best. Shame on some of these people, I made a point to cheer for/clap for ALL of the teams in finals on sunday, its not easy to get there.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THE NAME OF THE GIRL ON CALI WHO DOES THAT SICK STANDING PASS?!?!?!?!?!?! i think i ma be more obsessed with her than justin bieber.... and i literally LOVE him. i dont know what i would do if i ever saw her in person. therefore, i must know her name so i can cheer stalk. thank you fierceboarders for fueling my obsession :)
i was going to ask her to get a picture with her but she sprinted off to awards before I even approached her. and I was going to ask Kiara for a picture, but she was running off to catch her shuttle so I didn't want to stop her. and I was going to ask Maddie G for a picture, but she was crying

I was also baffled by the lack of crowd enthusiasm for both Panthers and Cheetahs. My daughter and I both noticed and commented on it. I'm not from CA and I'm not even from Texas. I am not a die-hard fan of any one team. I love & support & follow all the talented teams. CA Panthers and F5 both deserved the Gold!

It is always like that at Worlds... NCA is a different story because the entire gym is there. CA doesn't seem to have the cult like following that some other gyms have and the result is that they never have quite the amount of cheering in the stands. It was like that when Panthers were in large senior as well. It is sad because the amount of talent on the floor and the way they push the envelope with new/different skills should warrant the support. I know you can't force people to cheer for every team but it would be nice if every team could get the amount of genuine support that is shown when teams like Bangkok perform. :)

i have said this for practically ever, when you have a team doing full team skills, then they will win.
People dont understand it, but it makes since every year.
Just like when people didnt understand how orange always outscored cali.
Orange had the entire team doing 1 and 1/4 ups, while cali still had straight up stunts.
This year orange was the team to only have 4/5 doing a skill, and cali and panthers had full team doing them, hence they placed higher. Works this way every year, full team skills=higher scoring.
Obviously tumbling was the factor this year, and CA out tumbled everyone.
Heck even on the score sheets orange out tumbled cali. after reading the score sheets, i understood fully why the teams that won, won.

The only reason I dont think CA teams had a huge crowd is because of the lack of access to their live performances, videos and music outside of NCA or being a team from Texas. I along with all the other fans were really into Cali because we have followed their progress from showcase to worlds and there was a bond that grew over the season.

Panthers won and they should have their moment to shine as the World Champions. Congratulations to Panthers what a class act ladies and well deserved win!

Has anyone else noticed that no one is making threads saying I am so mad that TG did not win they were clearly blah blah blah. I really feel that the athletes and fans need to lose graciously. I dont see anyone disputing Brandon's win or GT Pink's win I am truly disgusted by the lack of respect for the results in SS and LS.

wouldnt really call winning by .3 owning.
I would. They walked away with a Gold Medal and "World Champion" as their title, something Cali SS has yet to do. They deserved it based on their routine, the scoresheet and their scores. It's not like Cali lost to some random team. It's Cheer Athletics. PANTHERS. They are great and always have been. People saying that Panthers didn't deserve it just makes them sound bitter and pressed. Cali had every opportunity to shuffle things around to hit the sheet even more and take advantage of it like other teams did. My hat goes off to Panthers.

Congrats to Cali...they were amazing but our Panthers rocked it!! I'm so proud of them!! Scoresheet says it all :) And fyi ~ Not all our doubles are on Panthers...think you need to look at videos...the thought that CA puts ALL their talent (doubles)on ONE team is so wrong! CA is one of the few that spreads out the talent to insure that all our teams have a chance to have a successful season. 4 Worlds teams...1 GOLD, 1 SILVER, 2 BRONZE :)
As a CA parent I have to say that I was very disappointed in the lack of crowd enthusiasm for our teams...not really sure what that is all about. Cali, TG, Rays, GT have a huge fan base & I get that...much deserved.! :)But CA has been around for years & brings it & still people just sit in the stands, not clapping, not yelling....nothing! We clap, yell, stand for all of the amazing teams..no matter what! I watched that all weekend & was borderline disgusted! Even as great as Panthers were, they didnt get half the audience participation like some of others. And our Cheetahs barely got anything...and they are crazy good! The word "good sportmanship" came to mind.... Just sayin.....

I totally agree with this...and I think a huge part has to do with the fact that Cheer Athletics dominated the SPORT itself for so many years. There was a time when every single gold medalist was a CHeer Athletics athlete! People still have that image that ca is "expected" to win..and don't get that excitement when they compete. That being said, I loved watching panthers take home the gold this weekend! I considered them "new" to sm. Seniors. Sure...it's still panthers. Andd sure...jags did win in 06. But it was great to see some different own that division this year. Congrats to panthers, and everyone in that small senior division! Never have I seen a more jammed pack division full of soo much talent! Great job everyone!

i was rooting for panthers ever since i saw their first video on youtube from the competition months and months ago when they got their bid. i absolutely LOVE panthers. I am kind of sad though that I never got a picture with any of them :(

I think both teams are fantastic!! After both Final performances I thought Cali had it becasue of the out of bounds tumbling pass and bobble in the stunt that Panthers had, But after I thought about it Panthers had them on the sync tumbling and I knew the scores were going to be close and come down to tumbling! Congrats to both teams for a fabulous weekend!

Back