All-Star Panthers Vs Senior Elite (you Knew It Was Coming)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The judges like Cheer Athletics because, aside from their incredible talent they are experts at knowing how to maximize the score sheet.

I know. I agree. My comment was sarcastic. I think anyone with eyes knows why the judges like Cheer Athletics.

Soo.. Does anybody know when we get to see WC and F5s routines? So that we can throw them in the discussion aswell :D
Seriously, theres no need in predicting at the moment. WCSS and F5 could completely kill it! I am ready to see them compete, hopefully WC will rescedule due to the hurricane :)

Seriously, theres no need in predicting at the moment. WCSS and F5 could completely kill it! I am ready to see them compete, hopefully WC will rescedule due to the hurricane :)

Who is predicting? Not me! :eek:
All i wondered was when we can see F5 and WC. Since they will be a part of the LAG discussion.
And my predictions for Worlds 2012 was so far off it went to mars, I'm not getting in to that again. :p

Panthers just don't scream large senior for me yet. It's very easy with 36 people on the floor like you have too many people, and the brilliance of the top 3 large senior teams is that they never appear to have too many people on the floor, it never looks crowded, but with the routine Panthers have right now it seems like a group of 20-25 girls doing the good stuff, and the rest standing around being unnecessary. That's not to say that any of the athletes ARE unnecessary, it's just the vibe I get from the formations and such, if that makes sense?
I don't doubt Panthers will pull out greatness in the coming months, just as will the rest of the division, but judging this routine, it doesn't fit large senior to me.

Panthers just don't scream large senior for me yet. It's very easy with 36 people on the floor like you have too many people, and the brilliance of the top 3 large senior teams is that they never appear to have too many people on the floor, it never looks crowded, but with the routine Panthers have right now it seems like a group of 20-25 girls doing the good stuff, and the rest standing around being unnecessary. That's not to say that any of the athletes ARE unnecessary, it's just the vibe I get from the formations and such, if that makes sense?
I don't doubt Panthers will pull out greatness in the coming months, just as will the rest of the division, but judging this routine, it doesn't fit large senior to me.

I personally loved Panthers medium SO MUCH, so I kind of agree with you. To me, something about them just feels like are better suited to medium. I don't know, just how I feel

both teams are obviously VERY talented and neither of their first performances were perfect...HOWEVER, sr. elite has stepped up their tumbling A LOT especially in comparison to their previous showcases. and then their stunts and pyramid.......so long as they execute, they could very well max out their 'building' score at 135/135 at worlds.
- they haven't have 9 solid stunt groups since 2009 and their flyers are much more talented as a group along with more difficult stunts than they have ever had in the past. not to mention they ALWAYS beef up the difficulty before worlds. those full tosses with tick tock variations in between the body positions are going to RACK up points. not to mention they have full up/1.5 up-immediates in their second stunt section......

panthers....their tumbling is SICK. having that many 1-full(s), toe fulls, standing fulls, etc...their tumbling score will be great. the standing doubles that they're throwing are lacking in difficulty right now (most 80% of them were 3-double) but they will find some way to add difficulty once it gets more in season i guarantee. their stunts.....eek...i was not impressed this year..barely any twist-immediate positions and no tosses....thats what they're lacking that sr elite is not. and their transitions are a little shaky.
their dance was bada** again and will only get better. pyramid....sr. elite's just dominates. they don't have enough inversions or structures to match up to SE because they are too concerned with squad tumbling...tumbling guidelines changed this year...stunts did not. so they should probably add a little more to their second stunt and pyramid if they want a chance to beat SE at worlds.

let's not forget...sr elite had horrible standing tumbling difficulty even at NCA...then for worlds they added those 1-doubs and didnt even need standing fulls because doubles score higher. HELLO. Courtney knows what she is doing.

both teams are great and both teams will add difficulty by worlds for SURE. its going to be a blood bath....i cannot wait to see stars and f5. still don't think anybody will top SE's stunts/pyramids this year with their 9 solid stunts. period.

Is there any benefit to panthers putting up some two mans and having ten groups compared to SE's second stunt with more skills?

Last year Panthers started off season rough and then a couple Months later they won the MAJORS, beating WC, F5, & SE!!! And no one even saw that coming. Basically all i'm saying is..pay no mind to that routine you seen last week. Cheer Athletics is a strong gym, they know what they are doing.

Back