All-Star Parent Viewing Areas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

follow up question: If the above turns out to be true, why do so many small gyms try to forbid parents from watching? If parents are interfering with practice shouldn't individual parents be excluded, not all of them??
Who volunteers to be the one to tell that one specific person they can't watch their child practice. We are completely open. with a parent are off to one side near the desks. There are no barriers or glass and it really makes they gym feel like a family. Parents like to come in and watch and will sit and cheer for their team during full outs. Its really welcoming, the only negative is its distracting for the little ones to be able to run to mommy whenever they want

We have open practices, where the parents sit within feet of our floor. My daughter is on another team and I do enjoy watching her at practice, plus if there were to be an injury, I want to be there immediately. I never step on the floor when I'm there as a parent unless I've been asked to come help.

However, as a coach, I HATE having the parents so close. For some reason, there are always a few who think they can "suggest" things to me, walk onto the floor to say something to their child, and the gossip! Oh boy. I don't even classify it as gossip, it's usually mean, hateful things about other kids, coaches, the program, etc.

We're talking about creating a parent viewing room and I sooo hope that works out!

at full house we always have a parent viewing area open and it never seems to be a problem :)

We don't have a parent viewing room. Our gym has glass doors that you can watch through and all the parents stand in the hallway and watch so we don't get distracted by our parents.

Back