All-Star Positives And Negatives Of 2011 Worlds (the Event, Not Teams)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

In past years I don't recall the announcer asking for 2 representatives from each team to come forward for a group huddle before awards were announced...(it is also quite possible I am just a little cheer brain dead at this point) I assume it had something to do with encouraging good sportsmanship? Does anyone know what was said to them, just curious. I thought the announcer/authorities were much more proactive with sportsmanship issues this year...not a bad thing to do! - so that is one of my positives this year....

I am sure that it was about sportsmanship they do the same thing at UCA nationals :)

negative- 1. the lights went out on marlins!!!!!
2. everytime marlins had to go again for the second time that day, they made them start the whole way from the begining. they could have at least not judged them up to wear they stopped.

I have to use my ticket to get in, so annoying the senior citizens working the door at the Milk House asked for it again. I just started blowing right past them.

They often have other events at WWoS on the various athletic fields so just because you came in the front gate doesn't mean you can also enter the Milkhouse.

Positives:
How incredibly loud the crowd would cheer when anyone saved a stunt or tumbling pass.
Disney having buses run to WWoS from the other resort hotels (not just the package hotels)
The mom from Rockstar who gave me her motrin on Day 1 (I don't know who you are, but you are currently my favorite cheer mom)
The energy in the Milkhouse. It was electric.
Twist and Shout finally getting that gold.
F5 has had my heart from the first time I ever saw them, and this weekend was just the cherry on top.

Negatives:
Some not so great sportsmanship at times (overall this was a rare occurance, but I hate to see it)
Teams that fell apart under the pressure
sticking to the floor when I tried to move...ugh
Getting on the bus after day 2 and realizing I probably won't be able to attend next year...

Negative:
1. Scoring, it seemed very random - if the crowd was rooting for the team then they scored higher... Large Limited placings was as if they pulled names out of a bag after T & S to decide placings. California small limited coed placing silver?? I mean really?? With 2 stunt falls a huge bobble and a tumbling fall they still managed to get on the podium?! Also I think California Sm Sr should have won hands down, I think the judges had it in their heads they were in 2nd on day 1 and that's where they stayed... F5 & WC were placed correctly but I would have had a different 3rd.

2. Bugs... enough said.

3. Crowd, It is what it is but unless they start doing something about the amount of teams in attendance then nothings going to change. I understand its a nightmare trying to plan an event like this but crowd was overwhelming. That is unless people actually send their concerns to the correct people at USASF and not just complaining about it on a forum.

4. Staff working, a lot of them seemed like they didn't know what was going on, giving out wrong reporting times, bad directions, not able to work equipment properly. I understand its cheaper to hire a bunch of college kids but at least make sure they know what they are doing.

5. Competition running ridiculously late, I just could not believe how late this competition ran in both venues. An hour at times if not more.

6. Coaches doing the exact opposite of what they clearly advised not to do in the coaches meeting, I understand you love your kids but taking a whole minute to hug your coaches, then wave to the crowd, then make "hearts" to your coaches, then chest bumping your teammates etc. it took way too long!! They (USASF in coaches meeting) clearly said that when every team does this it makes the competition run late, and NOT to do it but some programs felt they were above this rule.

7. Sound, I could not even hear some teams music because the sound was so muddy. I know a lot of programs pay a lot of money for these tracks and a decent sound system to play them on at the biggest competition of the year isn't too much to ask for.

Negatives
not enforcing the whole not saving seats rule
the josten center
crowd control
the clothes in the world store was ugly and not boy friendly
I know it would be ridiculous be I wish everyone competed at the same place

Negatives
not enforcing the whole not saving seats rule
the josten center
crowd control
the clothes in the world store was ugly and not boy friendly
I know it would be ridiculous be I wish everyone competed at the same place

Change of venue to a much larger venue would solve this :) This should be seen as a positive, not a negative. It means that the sport (oopps, I said sport again) is evolving and has an ever growing fan base, and if they are not accommodated, they could be lost.

Change of venue to a much larger venue would solve this :) This should be seen as a positive, not a negative. It means that the sport (oopps, I said sport again) is evolving and has an ever growing fan base, and if they are not accommodated, they could be lost.
It might solve the issue, but it would take away from the event. People from places like Ecuador wont be nearly excited to compete in a convention center compared to the milkhouse.

I don't really know about the other Disney park, but if everyone wants to change things up, worlds could actually go to the other Disney park in California. I'm not sure if it has a place to compete and such but just a suggestion lol.

Back