All-Star Posting Other Teams Videos On Youtube Why?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Keep_Believing

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Apr 11, 2011
I found out today someone from a different gym has been posting videos of other teams comp. performances. In fact they posted us from our last 2 comp. Why would they do that? Very disappointing.

maybe because they like cheer and you were all at the same comp, I see people post other videos all the time. Where they not respectful with the info section or is it just weird to think they want a video. If you did not know what gym they were from would it upset you or flatter you?

It is a well known and very respected gym, but I feel (maybe the majority disagree) that our owner should decide when we put our current comp. videos out there. In general we don't post them until after the season is finished.

Some are trying to be seen as the "one" that posted the video, especially if yours is a program that rarely releases videos during the year. Attention seekers, that's all. Even if they pass it around via emails and other means, someone sooner or later posts it.

Some feel like once you compete your routine is fair game to be seen by the entire world. So once you hit the mat you have no right to expect anyone not to record or share it.

Others unfortunately take great pleasure spying in on their local rivals and then trying to put them on blast if the routine does not live up to some predetermined standard of excellence.

It is a well known and very respected gym, but I feel (maybe the majority disagree) that our owner should decide when we put our current comp. videos out there. In general we don't post them until after the season is finished.
I totally respect that yet when you go to a competition you put yourself out there for others to post your videos.

Some feel like once you compete your routine is fair game to be seen by the entire world. So once you hit the mat you have no right to expect anyone not to record or share it.

Personally that statement is how I feel. I mean if you don't want anyone to see your routine then dont compete it? I mean if we are really going for secrecy...I get not posting showcase videos but competition I feel is fair game. I just don't get getting upset at posting competition videos when you went out and already performed it infront of tons of people.

Personally that statement is how I feel. I mean if you don't want anyone to see your routine then dont compete it? I mean if we are really going for secrecy...I get not posting showcase videos but competition I feel is fair game. I just don't get getting upset at posting competition videos when you went out and already performed it infront of tons of people.

I understand but it is not always that simple. Personally I see no point in posting any other teams videos. It may of been an off day for them. They may of watered down. They may of had substitutes that were not at the same skill level as the one they had to replace. Now you force that gym to defend whatever they did and put on the floor; even if you would allow it for your own gym. Which is usually where I see most posting of other teams videos landing - just to take pot shots at them.

I would ask myself What am I trying to prove by posting someone else's video? What point am I making and why? If a gym does not choose to post their own video, they must have a reason and as an adult I will respect it. As an old fogey I tend to think that way and prefer to mind my business, and that don't involve me worrying about the teams/gyms around me. If I see them I see them, if I don't I don't.

Most of the time, it's not a bad thing. Maybe they just want to share what is being shown for those who couldn't see it themselves. It's just like the people who tape teams at worlds. Not all of us can be there, but we all want to see it.

unless the intention was to make another program look bad, I don't see a problem with cheer fans posting other teams videos on a public forum.

Lets take CEA as an example they put their video out themselves first before anyone else has a chance to do it. Why? I suppose they know once they compete its fair game to all. What they post isn't always perfect, but they put it all out there anyway. Before anyone else has a chance to. Then it's no longer an issue.

I found out today someone from a different gym has been posting videos of other teams comp. performances. In fact they posted us from our last 2 comp. Why would they do that? Very disappointing.

So, I saw y'all's videos on his channel and ours. If you read the comments on our j4 and j3 videos we have been begging him to remove them. The guy is from woodlands and he actually sat right beside me at ASC and told me he was videoing. I assumed he was doing their many teams but didn't realize he did ours too! Our owner is very upset and we can't seem to get him to remove them! So good luck!

Its almost 2013. The world is going electronic. If its high profile, I always ask the gym owner for permission (example, I posted ICE Lady Lightning after I had approval from the gym owner). I only ask because I really like to be the only ones posting the videos so I can monitor comments, etc. (Really, Id prefer to just disable them most of the time)

I've posted maybe 3 routine videos in the past year. I just do it for the Fierceboards. Then, if anyone else sees it, then they see it. The team is out there and if you don't want to be recorded, i don't understand how you expect to get away with it, especially if you're good

One year, it is cool to be the first video out. Other years, you want to be the best kept secret. It is a cheer squad in a public arena performed in front of hundreds of people. There is no stopping it.

Back