All-Star Practice What You Preach

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wow I feel out of the loop big time, but I must say that when I read what some coaches say on twitter and facebook it makes me cringe much more then it goes when I read what the athletes write. They want athletes to bee good sports and support everyone but they don't do the same. I mean do people not realize what they are saying on the internet for the world to see? They just come off a bitter and show their lack of class. Even over this past season I have lost so much respect for several coaches just because of the things they post on facebook and twitter. If they say those thing there I can only imagine the things they tell people one on one.

Oh come on people.....really? This is shocking? Negativity? Cat fights? Backstabbing? Hipocrisy? Lies? On the internet????? In cheerleading???? Say it isn't so! Can we play "I can name that Team in 4 smears?" Same thread, diff day. We should have a "b****, whine and smear" section on Fierceboard.

This month has been an eye opening experience. Other gyms are using very unsportsmanlike tactics to recruit and slander other gyms. I always say you know your at the top when it is the other gyms only mission to beat your gyms teams, specifically J5 and lg Sr.(as if there aren't any other gyms in the US). I've even seen a gym parent commit an assault on a minor in a rival gyms uniform (solely because of what the uniform represented) and a coach claimed to be a witness. Let the record reflect if your in a gym where the coaches and owners engage in constant slander and criminal assaults of minors in rival gyms uniforms you'd better run.....

Preach Hunnie Preach!

Apparently shtuff is blowin' up at this seasons tryouts..bigger gyms are posting record athletes and I imagine people are SICK of the drama and moving elsewhere (or so it seems). Or..they don't want their level 5s to get caught in the 'athlete release' drama.

This month has been an eye opening experience. Other gyms are using very unsportsmanlike tactics to recruit and slander other gyms. I always say you know your at the top when it is the other gyms only mission to beat your gyms teams, specifically J5 and lg Sr.(as if there aren't any other gyms in the US). I've even seen a gym parent commit an assault on a minor in a rival gyms uniform (solely because of what the uniform represented) and a coach claimed to be a witness. Let the record reflect if your in a gym where the coaches and owners engage in constant slander and criminal assaults of minors in rival gyms uniforms you'd better run.....

I am in Maryland, an owner of a gym and COMPLETELY CLUELESS!!! So, I guess that means all is well at our gym with the gossipy talk! I like all ALL the Maryland teams. And I was very excited, happy and proud that we had a worlds champion and a fourth place finisher this year. And even though it means our gym gets fewer kids because of it, the families we have here fit us, our world, our vision.

Maybe I am dense, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what this thread's purpose is.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

As a coach, we expect our athletes and organization to uphold certain standards. Being courteous and displaying good sportsmanship, wearing and displaying our name with pride and class. However, sometimes it's the coaches who lead the charge in unsportsmanlike behavior. Criticizing, attacking, badmouthing other programs. This thread is about doing what you are asking the kids and parents to do.

As a coach, we expect our athletes and organization to uphold certain standards. Being courteous and displaying good sportsmanship, wearing and displaying our name with pride and class. However, sometimes it's the coaches who lead the charge in unsportsmanlike behavior. Criticizing, attacking, badmouthing other programs. This thread is about doing what you are asking the kids and parents to do.

thank you! that was the original intent of the thread although it seems to have gone off on a tangent...

I am in Maryland, an owner of a gym and COMPLETELY CLUELESS!!! So, I guess that means all is well at our gym with the gossipy talk! I like all ALL the Maryland teams. And I was very excited, happy and proud that we had a worlds champion and a fourth place finisher this year. And even though it means our gym gets fewer kids because of it, the families we have here fit us, our world, our vision.

there were also 2 other maryland team that finished in the top 10 in their respective VERY large divisions...if we're spreading love, let's make sure every one gets some :)

Good for you! I speak from experiance, trust me I dont post often and this thread just really caught my attention. Check some of the coaches open facebook accounts and you will see the most unsportsmanlike, unprofessional comments ever. They keep those accounts open for a reason. Their is a difference betweeen "Gossipy talk" and the facts of which I speak. As a matter of fact my screen name came from a former coach who chose to badmouth my daughter when we left that gym, lol. I thought it was cute so it stuck....

Absolutely. But this thread seemed to be as much about making veiled, cryptic accusations about a particular program (or coaches within that program) rather than a discussion about the behavior of coaches in general. (Not you, nj coach, just in general) I think it should go without saying that any adult who attacks or criticizes other teams is someone who shouldn't be part of your organization.

Back