All-Star *pride Of The South Honey... Im Obsessed...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know! I think i could watch just him compete by himself!

I agree! Chaz is one of my very good friends & he has worked VERY hard to get where he is today! He deserves the spotlight he has on there. Jamie knows he tends to be a crowd favorite which is why Jamie did that.
As for the routine, the music is way different than usual. But I also think its because senior coed 4's routine this year was not made by the same man that has done them for the past few years. So of course, it has a different feel. But theyre still workin it.

the opening of this routine sounds like Miami Elite 2005, trust me I know lol but everyone I agree, this music is not cute lol not very DOLCE or GuCCi

Ya I feel like if you are puting yourself out there as a coach, choreographer, music producer, uniform designer whatever.. Be ready for the compliments and the bashings. If you can't handle it don't do it but your never going to please everyone

( edit: in regards to acxjags & calikid's convo)

Putting your self out there for "criticism: is one thing----make opinions /comments all you want. Making "snotty" comments about someones work is another. Trust me, I'm not losing sleep over this---I do not try to please everyone--I know that's never gonna happen. I did my job and client was happy (that's all that matters)...I just think saying nasty comments is uncalled for. Saying --not my favorite music, or its not my style, or whatever is fine....saying its horrible or horrid is not----its all a matter of opinion. It's really easy for people to hide behind a computer and run their mouths about peoples stuff and people say things they would never say in person to Jamie or myself. I think being professional and respectful is always the best policy so take note. I mix music and I do what my clients ask for.----I love CheerKatie08's comment. Sharing her opinion, Jamie is over all the raps and doesnt want his mixes to be all raps, and sfx. Sorry to disappoint-----however ironically this was one of Jamies favorite mixes.

WorldchampME----the opening of this mix is definitely from an old GA mix he wanted to bring back. I think it was around the same year. Like I said Jamie and a genius at break trends and thinking outside the box.

Again, I am no stranger to critics---I know what comes with the territory....this isn't my first rodeo. However, there is a fine line between not being a fan and being hateful.

I agree! Chaz is one of my very good friends & he has worked VERY hard to get where he is today! He deserves the spotlight he has on there. Jamie knows he tends to be a crowd favorite which is why Jamie did that.
As for the routine, the music is way different than usual. But I also think its because senior coed 4's routine this year was not made by the same man that has done them for the past few years. So of course, it has a different feel. But theyre still workin it.
LOVE Chaz!!! He won best male performer (Level 4) at Athletic Championship in Atlanta!! He's a crowd pleaser for sure!!!

Putting your self out there for "criticism: is one thing----make opinions /comments all you want. Making "snotty" comments about someones work is another. Trust me, I'm not losing sleep over this---I do not try to please everyone--I know that's never gonna happen. I did my job and client was happy (that's all that matters)...I just think saying nasty comments is uncalled for. Saying --not my favorite music, or its not my style, or whatever is fine....saying its horrible or horrid is not----its all a matter of opinion. It's really easy for people to hide behind a computer and run their mouths about peoples stuff and people say things they would never say in person to Jamie or myself. I think being professional and respectful is always the best policy so take note. I mix music and I do what my clients ask for.----I love CheerKatie08's comment. Sharing her opinion, Jamie is over all the raps and doesnt want his mixes to be all raps, and sfx. Sorry to disappoint-----however ironically this was one of Jamies favorite mixes.

WorldchampME----the opening of this mix is definitely from an old GA mix he wanted to bring back. I think it was around the same year. Like I said Jamie and a genius at break trends and thinking outside the box.

Again, I am no stranger to critics---I know what comes with the territory....this isn't my first rodeo. However, there is a fine line between not being a fan and being hateful.
I agree, agree, agree!!! I assume most everyone on this board is a cheerleader, or was a cheerleader, or is a parent of a cheerleader. So that means that each and every one of you know just how hard the kids have worked! For months they have been working on stunting and tumbling to go out there and put on the best show they can. And in a few horrible posts you all have knocked them down to make them feel less than adequate about their routine. Geezzzz people ..... put yourselves in their shoes. Imagine how you would feel if you were really excited about your routine, only to find this thread that has been less than kind. If I was on this team or my child was on this team, I would feel horrible for them. I see so many times people saying "do something new and different", then when a team does, everyone says, "I don't like it, it's too different." Please just think before you type. These kids don't choreograph the routine, or do the music ..... the just do what they're told. BE KIND!

And I love this routine! They clearly have a lot of talent and I wish them nothing but success for the remainder of their season (which by the way they are undefeated!).

acxjags I agree with you as to the dramatized comments. I would, however, say the following:
I personally, think the music combined with the slow choreography doesn't make for an entertaining routine. Yes, you mixed and may or may not have been paid for it, but you did what the client wanted so the comments made about the music really aren't directed towards you as a producer. And to the comment about winning, skills win, music helps. Georgia has the skill, but we do not know what they are scoring on transitions and formations and there is no spot on the scoresheet for uniqueness, maybe overall impression. This is not the typical large georgia coed 4 that most people are excited to watch and root for. The music is not typical of where the industry is heading music wise and is not being innovative and "thinking outside of the box" by reverting to old mixes. Clothes may come back into style, but usually they have a new twist. To me, there is no new twist on the music that is evident and exciting to listen to.

im not saying no one else has ever done it that way.. i just meant i've never seen/noticed it before. to me its a lot harder to do full ups the collegiate way.
i dont think its harder. we did it last year. it gives it more power and easier for the main base to drive it up.

Reactions: ian
Back