All-Star Prizes/giveaways....the Good, The Bad And The Ugly

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Tampons.. Can't forget the handy tampons we received this past season. :rolleyes:

Bwahahaha...It was at a UCA regional I think that some of our minis got a bag with some tampons in it. The parents were all like where did that come from and why do they have it and the older kids were like they gave us all one after we performed. We were like hmmm....ok. haha

As far as all the other things my daughter has received she pretty much loved them all. Metals, bow and back pack (both from BUTBT), jackets- even though the American Superstarz was a little hard to read lol but she still loved it, even the garment bag she liked. The towels and blankets are a really nice idea but she hasnt gotten any of those. I think she would love them though. Tees and Hoodies too since all she wears is cheer clothes :rolleyes:

I think more companies should start giving out umbrellas as a participant gift, it's different, and everyone can use an umbrella

I do loveee medals.. Just because how I have them set up in my room makes it look better with the more I have ;)
Also, I do like shirts/jackets especially since I'm always the girl who's parents don't go to my competitions and only give me $10 to feed myself for the day... :oops:

Bows are nice and all byt what about for guys?

One comp they gave me tampons and shaving legs stuff, which my mom appreciated but i didnt. The guys need stuff too

The cross-body bag CP got from... Canan last year was nice... except she will be able to use it in about 5 years when she grows into it. We have a gazillion of those drawstring bags like everyone else. CP got a National Champion backpack from KOTJ this year, and while she uses it for school (and has the participation bow attached) it looks like you could fold her up and stuff her in it. It's huuuuge. So the only thing I would suggest, while we are very appreciative of any "free" stuff, is please no more little drawstring bags- I am slowly trashing them one by one, and please if you do backpacks (we love those) have some in a smaller size for the tiny & mini teams! Can't say that she has gotten a t-shirt or hoodie from an event, but I am sure she would like it if she did.

In a past year CP's gym gave out zebra insulated lunch boxes with the gym logo on it as a gift for the kids. They weren't incredibly extravagant, but a nice idea. We got some use out of it until she didn't put the lid back on the tupperware that held the spaghetti. And then it sat in her backpack for the whole 2 week Christmas break. Ewwwww......

Not sure how we got through an entire season getting absolutely no drawstring bags lol Everyone seems to have tons of them but honestly we dont have any lol

[This includes champions gifts and participant gifts]

• LOVE medals. Especially shiny ones.
  • If you're going to give out backpacks, give ones that can fit more than one shoe in them, that are actually useful, and that actually have the ability to be carried around comfortably. The UCA drawstring backpacks weren't bad this year.
  • You can't go wrong with hoodies and I don't mind new tshirts (as long as they fit)
  • If it's going to be a jacket, make it like NCA: classy, sleek-looking, not too gaudy. No trashbag jackets (ahem, UCA) and not cotton that shrinks after one washing and the zipper falls off.
  • Jackets with the nice(er) material, like Jamfest Indy or All-levels (i think)/US Finals are preferable.
  • PLEASE no "garment bags." If we have need for one, we already have one, and what you give us doesn't even qualify.
  • I think American Cheer Power gave out purses? LOL no. Just no. There were too many laying in the bleachers to count, take a hint.
  • Bows are an okay idea, if they are nice ones.
  • I like the idea of CD's with action shots or your performance on them, but it'd probably be cheaper just to make them available online.
  • Cheersport blankets. Perrrfection. Can never have enough.
  • Tampons. If we need them, we already have them. Dont bother.
  • Jamfest Indy gave out travel pillows, they were okay except I never used it and it was annoying carrying it around.
  • I like getting pins, maybe EP's could give ones to champions.

giving tampons to minis....its ok honey you can use that in about 8 years...hahah

Yep. Had to have that fun discussion with CP on the way home from a Varsity comp the season before last. She was six at the time and had it in her hand out of the wrapper. Good times.

As far as good giveaways... CP loves pins and she LOVES medals. She also likes little note pads.

Back