All-Star Prizes/giveaways....the Good, The Bad And The Ugly

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just tell the little kids they are rocket launchers...after the EP picks up 300 of them, they will rethink that gift choice..
now I'm hoping we get some to "launch" during awards.

The best gifts are wearable in my opinion. Jackets, sweatshirts, t-shirts, bows. CP loves to go to school on Monday in a new shirt. I think she would also like a towel but only for beach competitions. No more bags of any sort please.

OMG all this talk aboout tampons made me remember little cp's first comp ever. She was a 4 year old tiny and they gave out a bag with deodorant and tampons. She applied the deodorant announcing that she didn't want to stink up the joint and then pulled out the the tampons and said EWWWWWW then used her phrase for tampons, much older sister and mom she was vaguely aware of the location of their use and absolutely floored an entire junior team. To this day her sister laughs and brings it up when that "gift" is passed out.

Bwahahaha...It was at a UCA regional I think that some of our minis got a bag with some tampons in it. The parents were all like where did that come from and why do they have it and the older kids were like they gave us all one after we performed. We were like hmmm....ok. haha

As far as all the other things my daughter has received she pretty much loved them all. Metals, bow and back pack (both from BUTBT), jackets- even though the American Superstarz was a little hard to read lol but she still loved it, even the garment bag she liked. The towels and blankets are a really nice idea but she hasnt gotten any of those. I think she would love them though. Tees and Hoodies too since all she wears is cheer clothes :rolleyes:
Yeah....I'm sure the make cheerleaders LOVE that one.

Bows are nice and all byt what about for guys?

One comp they gave me tampons and shaving legs stuff, which my mom appreciated but i didnt. The guys need stuff too
Thanks for this. My son is military bound and wears his hair like that...however, even if he didn't I'm pretty sure he wouldn't wear the participant hair bow. I love the hair bows but they need something for the guys.

We LOVE the cheersport blankets. My son won't usually wear or be seen with anything that says "Cheerleading" on it due to the grief he gets from other middle schoolers about being a male cheerleader. He won't feed the fire. But, he did take his cheersport blanket on the bus to Washington with his group because it's the perfect size and weight for a travel blanket. No idea if he ever took it out.

My daughter likes the KOTJ and Spirit sports backpacks because they're huge. That is her standard "sleepover" luggage because it can fit everything she needs in it (even for a weekend in the summer). She did like the hair bows at KOTJ they were even zebra print so she was down with that.

They love love love hoodies and jackets, not so much tee shirts. My son even wore his SOH jacket incessantly to school a) because it was a nice fleece one and b) it said spirit of hope national champion on it (I really liked those jackets this year) and happily for him didn't say Cheerleading on it anywhere so he was excited and wore it non-stop. Not advocating for it to not say Cheerleading on it, it just worked for him, given the right competition he wouldn't care anyway. We had that talk...me: "so...um....if you win a cheersport jacket, it does say CHEER on it, would you wear THAT to school?" him: "um, c'yeah, what are you crazy?"

:D

We like medals because we have this fabulous brag wall in the bar in the basement with shadowboxed unis, team pics, shelves of trophies and all of their medals hanging (technically) from a drapery rod we have mounted right under one of the trophy shelves. All those medals are actually my favorite part of that wall and I even hung up the ones for some 10ks and the half I just ran.

We did get the garment bags which I actually liked..they'll maybe last a season because they're cheap but it gives me something to hang their new unis in. They were summarily unimpressed with them though.

My only beef if that they need to be gender neutral or separated for girly girl things and manly guy stuff. The American superstars hoodie was very girly with gold flowery print on it and sortof clung like it was fitted. The hair bows are cool but not if you're a guy...I'm not even going to go into the whole tampon thing if you're a male cheerleader. I know guys make up a very small percentage of athletes, but they are important and given what they go through socially just to BE a cheerleader, it would be nice if the EPs showed a little love for our men. Most participant giveaways get an eye roll from my son.

So on the whole, hoodies and jackets-yes, blankets-yes, bookbags, not sling bags, -yes, hair bows-yes (for girls) and be sure to do something gender neutral or separate for guys and girls.

I totally agree about the spirit of hope jacket this year. They were very nice. My cps favorite of the year.

If a company were to give out bows to girls as the national champion prize, what would you suggest as the alternate prize for males? Would you rather receive a nice, good quality bow rather than a sweatshirt?

I know you would still have to find something for guys because this doesn't go for every guy but I honestly know guys who would rather have the bows. They have a collection of bows on their backpack just like the girls do.

This is most likely been said earlier, but i like BOWS <3 Ive got TONS of medals. Drawstring bags,or any type of bags i don't like. Mini trophies, i usually don't have any room for. i also love jackets, NO hoodies, or bows. a cheerleaders favorite! But i also like blankets. as Cheersport does :) -coming from a level 5 athlete cheering for 9 years.

two comps we went to this year gave out really nice bows for level grand champs. It was one of my CPs favorite prizes, but they still like the sweatshirts and jackets. I agree with the drawstring bags, but Spirit Sports gives great backpacks. I would love to see an EP give the comp DVD or gift certificate from the comp photographer for an 8x10 as a prize for winning (not sure my kids would care though!)

Love the picture / DVD idea!!

Back